The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which car do think is better?
Hyundai Genesis
8.67%
G35
91.33%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinions on Genesis>G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I really hope you are kidding. The quality of my past 3 Infinitis is some of the worst I have ever seen in my life. I didnt even have to get any of my previous Infinitis to 20k before I had serious issues.

Here are the items I have personally encounted in my previous cars.

2004 G35 (62k miles)
- Hood hinges bent, causing rubbing and damage to my front fenders - don't sit on the hood
- Head lights had moisture entry - happens to all cars
- 6 disk cd changer failed - i'll give you that one, although mine hasn't failed yet
- Driver seat motor failed - stop eating so much
- Passenger window motor failed
- Sunroof leaked during car wash - you probably had it open
- Rear axle click - don't go off roading
- Driver side door speaker failed - stop bumping your music like you're an OG
- License plate light tab broke, left light hanging
- Leather around shift **** started to peel away - stop moisturizing your hands
- Leather near the reclining pull on driver seat ripped - go on a diet
- O2 sensor failed

2008 G37 (31k miles)
- Leather on driver seat bubbled (after 10k miles) - stop eating
- Trim around gauge cluster started to peel at edges - irrelevant
- Plastic around steering wheel buttons straches with just finger nail - irrelevant
- 5th gear syncro failed - learn how to shift
- Front rotors warped (after 8k miles)
- Front passenger caliper seal broke (after 20k miles)
- Door pulls looks like they were attacked by freddy kruger - irrelevant
- Stitched lettering on floor mats is worn through - stop stepping on it with your fat foot

I can almost guarantee I will not have half of the quality issues on my Sonata. If you ever want to talk about G35 quality do a quick search for oil consumption and see how many people here were denied and had to fight corporate.
It's a little mean, but some off those things truly are irrelevant, so if you post crap you're gonna get crap back

Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
What you called irrelevant really aren't. As much as I disagree with his love for the Sonata. A 40k car should not have paint chipping and trim falling off.

I have never argued that, but I love the interior of my 03 far more than the new cars (as much as you guys will probably disagree with that)

BTW, just wanted to correct myself, the comparison was to a Cayman S, not a Carrera. Still a $60k porsche to a $30k nissan.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by McLaren23
It's a little mean, but some off those things truly are irrelevant, so if you post crap you're gonna get crap back
Your replies are dead wrong. The hood hinge causing dents on the hood is a COMMON problem with the G35 coupe and sedan. Google it.

The rest of your replies are just stupid. "Don't eat to much". LOL

How about Nissan STOP making crappy products.

You do know that the G35 has over 77 TSB's. More than any other cars ever released.

I have one. Oil consumption on the VQ35DE.. What's your reply for that one? Don't drive it? lol

Old 02-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I really hope you are kidding. The quality of my past 3 Infinitis is some of the worst I have ever seen in my life. I didnt even have to get any of my previous Infinitis to 20k before I had serious issues.

Here are the items I have personally encounted in my previous cars.

2004 G35 (62k miles)
- Hood hinges bent, causing rubbing and damage to my front fenders
- Head lights had moisture entry
- 6 disk cd changer failed
- Driver seat motor failed
- Passenger window motor failed
- Sunroof leaked during car wash
- Rear axle click
- Driver side door speaker failed
- License plate light tab broke, left light hanging
- Leather around shift **** started to peel away
- Leather near the reclining pull on driver seat ripped
- O2 sensor failed

2008 G37 (31k miles)
- Leather on driver seat bubbled (after 10k miles)
- Trim around gauge cluster started to peel at edges
- Plastic around steering wheel buttons straches with just finger nail
- 5th gear syncro failed
- Front rotors warped (after 8k miles)
- Front passenger caliper seal broke (after 20k miles)
- Door pulls looks like they were attacked by freddy kruger
- Stitched lettering on floor mats is worn through

I can almost guarantee I will not have half of the quality issues on my Sonata. If you ever want to talk about G35 quality do a quick search for oil consumption and see how many people here were denied and had to fight corporate.
Ah, it's clear now, you're just bitter cause you got 2 lemons, lol

Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ 3 according to his second sentence.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
They should be flattered... naw just playin. There's no comparison in quality. On the other hand performance wise that's not too bad of an idea. But overall that's a poor comparison.

Why an all wheel drive vehicle against a rear.
Also much different cost.

Honestly I don't mind the genesis being compared to the G, because similar hp and the genesis is supposed to have a stiff and well balanced chassis. But when people start comparing a run of the mill sedan to a sports car, that just doesn't make sense.
If you consider a 280 hp 4000 lb sedan a sports car, you need serious help. I have not seen a single credible statement from you. It is like I am trying to have a debate with a rhesus monkey.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Honestly though it has a good overall shape, but the front just looks too big when you see it in person. As far as your infinitis go, whosurbudiee, those have got to be isolated incidents or maybe you just don't know how to take care of your car. I have an 04 and so far notta, the driver window still even works. And there some oil consumption but it has over 100k on it.

If you were a true automobile enthusiast you would not side with a sonata.

And as far as name recognition goes an infiniti is still a nissan to me although it has the capability to compete with other luxury brands it doesn't carry the same price tag. So I'm not siding with the G because of the name, I'm siding with it because it truly is a better car for the money. I classier than the genesis and it will be able to keep up with it on the track. And sonata... don't even think about it. If you think differently then bring your sorry a$$ family car over here and well see what happens
Either you are new or just completely ignorant (personally I think it is a combination of both). I have had 3 Infinitis and have had issues with all of them. Plus almost every single item I listed is a TSB. That means Infiniti knows and admit to it. If I remember, there is around 70 current TSBs against the G35 and 30 against the G37. There was 18 TSBs against my G37 within 6 months of buying it, which I had to take it in for 3. A 2004 Hyunadi Sonata only has about 20 TSBs against it. Even the FORD Mustang has less (about 30) than the G35.

Please do a quick search on here for oil consumption. Infiniti openly admits to the problem but still constantly fights people to fix their cars. When the seals on my caliper went out I had to fight Infiniti because they said my rims were too heavy and caused the rotors to warp and ruin my caliper. But there was a TSB out clearing stating a problem in their quality.

So please, before you ramble off another ignorat statement... go do your homework on your "sports"" car. A true enthusiast can take any car based purely on itself and not the name on the trunk.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:39 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
^^ So how do you like the new Sonata though? My sister was considering getting one and quite frankly, I've been very impressed with what Hyundai has put out so far.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 AM
First impressions are great on any car, so far only has about 600 miles. Filling up once every other week is the biggest change, rather than 1-2 times a week in my G37. Of course FWD is different feel. Response is really good, about the same. Though it has turbo, it starts spooling so low (under 2k rpm) you dont feel it at all, like I did on my previously boosted cars. Navigation is not as nice as G37 (I perfer the Infiniti birds eye view over the Sonata over head view) but that could just be what I am use to over the past 7 years. The seats are no where near as sporty, they dont hug you like the G37 seats did. Keyless/push button start are all same. Speakers dont sound quiet as nice but I did still quiet good. The view from mirrors and rear is much improved. Seat heater works faster. Doesnt get as many looks as my G37, but my G37 wasnt really stock either. Overall very happy.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:11 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
So in turn, basically, you sacrificed the comfort feel of your G37 for the Sonata then, but are overall happy with the performance and the way it drives, on top of the better gas mileage. I mean, lets face it... our G's don't get the best gas mileage and filling up every 4 days with 91 octane burns a hole eventually.

Obviously, because my sister isn't a car fanatic, this sounds like it would probably suit her interest. Thanks man.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I mean I did go from a highly modified G37 sport coupe to a Sonata. The comfort level has gone up 100 times. Also the Sonta uses regular unleaded that is really nice. I do realize I had Infinitis for the past 7 years, so it will be a change. But the sport Sonata has stiffer suspension and suprisingly very little body roll and no torque steer when you get on it. Being 600 lbs less, it brakes very well also.

This was my G37

Old 02-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
If you consider a 280 hp 4000 lb sedan a sports car, you need serious help. I have not seen a single credible statement from you. It is like I am trying to have a debate with a rhesus monkey.

lmao, I love how the further in the thread we get, it keeps getting heaver and less HP.

another 500 pounds here.... cut out 25 hp there and the sonata does start to look better!

Though I have to agree the G is no sports car. Just a near perfect daily driver IMO. Yes it's a little fuel hungry but I don't mind, especially after my last car.

oh, and mclaren23, you sound like a moron. None, of those things he listed were irreverent or his own fault. I'll admit a few things in my G broke that pissed me off, but they are super minor. (the cable came detached from the latch to pop the hood, and my gas cap also detached)

Whosurbuddiee, nice G and thank you for at least having some honesty and admitting some of the pros & cons. Sorry you got so unlucky with your G's and I hope this ride is trouble free.

Did you get a manual? I heard they make them but are near impossible to find stateside.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Don't know if anyone posted this or not but since someone earlier was wondering what people thought of the G35 coupe and why they picked a Gen coupe over a G....I decided to throw it out there for them (a lot of them talked about what we have already discussed; new car vs used with that incredible warranty on top of it)

http://www.gencoupe.com/other-vehicl...g35-coupe.html

Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 PM
4000 lbs are you kinding me get the facts right

G35 weights 3336 lbs (http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/g35/...res-specs.html)

Genesis weighs 3294 lbs (http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/genes...ml?style=&sub=)

Do a little research before you make yourself look stupid. And don't quote my replies unless you have something credible to say. Because all I see is you whining about your chrome pieces fall off or your carpet wearing out or you scratching the plastic on your steering wheel. Stop being a ***** and whining about stupid stuff.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:58 PM
A true enthusiast can take any car based purely on itself and not the name on the trunk.
I didn't buy because of the name on the trunk, I bought it because it was a manual rear wheel drive sports car and because I'm a fan on nissan and because I couldn't find any 350z w/o tire growl. I could care less about the name, it's all bout what the car can do. And so far I've been pleased with mine, and it was used with 78k when I bought it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Genesis>G35