The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which car do think is better?
Hyundai Genesis
8.67%
G35
91.33%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinions on Genesis>G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ Thank you for this.
...just for the record, I have been driving over 30 years myself and had numerous vehicles. I don't put others down nor have I ever claimed the G is the best car. I still wouldn't replace it with a Sonata. Not because I don't like Hyundai but because I simply don't like the look of the Sonata more than a G.

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 02-12-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
your opinion is duly noted - and in fact that's all this thread is about "opinions"... however, as an Infiniti owner and someone that has owned & driven various vehicles for more years than a large percentage of people on this site have been alive, I find your statements in bold to be unfounded and frankly absurd.

You can state opinions without making false statements about those of us that own an Infiniti...

Personally I'd have no problem driving a Hyundai as a DD... I've said it from the beginning; if I were in the market for and economy car I'd seriously consider an Elantra... they are actually decent cars... I also like the look of the Genesis - and am recently intrigued by the Optima... I have also said from the beginning that the G35 is an entry level Infiniti (simply an upscaled/glorified Nissan)... we all know this.

Having said that - I haven't had quality issues with my G and I have been pleased with it. However, I've never touted it to be more than it is.

I'd appreciate leaving the generalizations of Infiniti owners out of the stated opinion though.
This is the perfect post the whole point of these forums are help and opinions how many times have we seen a G with a mod that looked like crap and we all responded with "nice" or "sick" ect... Its each to his own simple as ...I laugh though because I see this kid with a red accent at college and he's got horrible lookin tinted tails spray painted black rims and exhaust that sounds like a coffee pot lol and I was thinkin who mods a hyndai lol

Old 02-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I love my G35, but I do like the Genesis a lot also. I rolled by a Nordschleife gray 3.8 Track and man does it look GOOD. Definitely on the more aggressive side of things as compared to our more clean and smooth look, but regardless it sure is a looker and an attention grabber. Honestly I think everybody is biased beyond reason just because it's a Hyundai.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great line:

Originally Posted by OCG35
I'd appreciate leaving the generalizations of Infiniti owners out of the stated opinion though.
Not such a great line:

Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
People who own Infinti think they're so much better.
This is like saying all black people are good at basketball or all Indians work in a call center.

I think most rational people understand an Infiniti is not the end of the world for those of you that do... I'm sorry. But I still believe for the price that G35s are at right now. It's an unbelievable bargain because it looks amazing and can perform almost just as well as a Genesis coupe, which is like 7 years newer. And the G35 coupe will be a classic one day purely because of looks, I can't say the same for the Genesis coupe. It doesn't matter how many TSBs a car has, if you're a true enthusiasts it's all about performance and beauty, not window motors and air ventilation.

Last edited by McLaren23; 02-13-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:56 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
You also gotta know that JibberJabbers is very biased against our cars though.

It just doesn't seem like he has had the best luck when it comes to our cars, which is fine, since he is merely speaking his own opinion... regardless if we all agree or not. He is human and is entitled to his own opinion, again, whether we agree with it or not.

With that said, I still love my G to death and the only things I would trade it for would be an M45 or a GT-R.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:08 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I hate this thread, it's a curse. My radio quit working! Lol

Old 02-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm guessing most people here had crappy pos cars before they bought a G35, so they don't have a good car to compare the G to...

Most of us have owned several cars, and I can tell you that Quality is NOT on our side here folks.
Something sounds fishy. You can see from my sig that I am as familiar with Infiniti as many; in addition to the unlisted "second cars" owned at the same time I have owned a 1961 Mercedes, a BMW 2002tii and a BMW 320i.

I have enjoyed my Infiniti (plural?) more than any other brand so far. For me, that what it boils down to.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
You also gotta know that JibberJabbers is very biased against our cars though.

It just doesn't seem like he has had the best luck when it comes to our cars, which is fine, since he is merely speaking his own opinion... regardless if we all agree or not. He is human and is entitled to his own opinion, again, whether we agree with it or not.

With that said, I still love my G to death and the only things I would trade it for would be an M45 or a GT-R.
the last several posts have nothing to do with his opinion... more-so regarding hearsay of "Infiniti owners" (those are not opinions).

Old 02-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by McLaren23
Great line:

Not such a great line:

This is like saying all black people are good at basketball or all Indians work in a call center.

I think most rational people understand an Infiniti is not the end of the world for those of you that do... I'm sorry. But I still believe for the price that G35s are at right now. It's an unbelievable bargain because it looks amazing and can perform almost just as well as a Genesis coupe, which is like 7 years newer. And the G35 coupe will be a classic one day purely because of looks, I can't say the same for the Genesis coupe. It doesn't matter how many TSBs a car has, if you're a true enthusiasts it's all about performance and beauty, not window motors and air ventilation.
Yeah, it's not about quality. As long as the looks good on the outside, it's makes it the bestest car in the world. LOL

Performance? The G has the same motor as a Maxima and Alimta. Not much to brag about here.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this a teenage site?

Old 02-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
WOW! thanks for the comment... I don't get how you side with completely false post and you're the one calling me a moron....

Also 280 is the correct hp for a G35C (at least 03 - 04)
side with completely false post? I'm calling you a moron for telling him that his list wasn't valid and naming a retarded reason why it was his fault. Are you 14 or just a complete idiot?

Yeah, it's not about quality. As long as the looks good on the outside, it's makes it the bestest car in the world. LOL

Performance? The G has the same motor as a Maxima and Alimta. Not much to brag about here.
Not quite the same engine but about quality...

you are 100% correct. I am a firm believer in reliability and quality, but I honestly feel my car has meet my standards.

Are you joking? Here, I think this is where you belong http://www.bimmerforums.com/

Old 02-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Why do people keep saying the G will be a classic? Nothing about a 2+2 coupe with a V6 in the front and RWD will be classic about this car. It brought nothing new to the car game. It's just a car. And as for the Genesis. I like them. Do I think they are better than a G35 coupe? Depends on what you define as a better car. 10 year warranty? Better. Straight line performance and handling? Better. Interior design? Better than the G35 in terms of being modern, but I wouldn't say the materials are better quality. Exterior design? Purely subjective and it will vary from person to person. I for one do not like the way it looks.

I had a G35 and I loved it. They are nice cars. The new Hyundai Genesis is also a nice car. If I was in the market for a new sports coupe, I don't think I would consider one however, mostly because I do not like the way it looks, but it could grow on me, just like the G37 did.

And once again, LOL@g35 being a classic.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
Why do people keep saying the G will be a classic? Nothing about a 2+2 coupe with a V6 in the front and RWD will be classic about this car. It brought nothing new to the car game. It's just a car. And as for the Genesis. I like them. Do I think they are better than a G35 coupe? Depends on what you define as a better car. 10 year warranty? Better. Straight line performance and handling? Better. Interior design? Better than the G35 in terms of being modern, but I wouldn't say the materials are better quality. Exterior design? Purely subjective and it will vary from person to person. I for one do not like the way it looks.

I had a G35 and I loved it. They are nice cars. The new Hyundai Genesis is also a nice car. If I was in the market for a new sports coupe, I don't think I would consider one however, mostly because I do not like the way it looks, but it could grow on me, just like the G37 did.

And once again, LOL@g35 being a classic.

I also keep laughing at the G35 being a classic comments. The only way the G35 will be a classic is if you consider the civic or inegra classic. Nothing but another cheap tuner rice rocket.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
i jus hope my g is gone before it becomes the next 240sx craze lol. maybe in 10 more years?

Old 02-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _RR_
Are you joking? Here, I think this is where you belong http://www.bimmerforums.com/
Seriously, now what are you trying to say about BMWs. I think whoever is more concerned about TSBs and the name brand of their car should go over to that forum. But the real place you belong is www.*****-bag.com/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Genesis>G35