The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which car do think is better?
Hyundai Genesis
8.67%
G35
91.33%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinions on Genesis>G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
WhosUrBuddiee just out of curiosity are you aware that your beloved Hyundai is actually imported from Alabama. Yes it's built in Montgomery, Alabama. Hyundai also builds it's cars in India, China and Turkey.

thatoneguy just out of curiosity how do you like your G37? From the little I can find...what do you post under on the G37 forum? You don't like it either. Oh and how's the Tacoma?

Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VincenzG35
And I do apologize cause I don't like insulting someones car nomatter what they drive but ur not having a debate ur insulting a fellow member and an very supprised a moderator has allowed buddies post to remain. If u wanna talk about sonatas being awsome go to sonatadriver.com I'm sure after they all figure out how to use computers the sight will really take off
Thank you.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by McLaren23
He's the idiot making up dumb stories about high school, probably laughing it up in front of his laptop with a picture of some nude male model in the tab to the right. And you look even more retarded trying to be one of his minions.

You made a good choice with the G, but you paid way too much. So you clearly don't know the value of a dollar. Sounds like you're not going to school full-time and you should probably take more classes so you don't overpay $9000 for a car again.
LMAO.

Do you realize the same thing can be said for you. And all you can do is make up dumb stories about watching nude ****, and reasons why he had problems with his G...

My beef with you is that you insist on running your mouth and acting like people's opinions aren't valid.

Overpaid 9k huh? I'll admit it was on the pricey side but automatic model's (with more miles mind you) with less features were selling for just a couple thousand less. I HAD to have a 6mt, so I didn't mind overpaying about 1k extra.

how you got 9k by comparing my car to a v35 automatic with more miles (maybe less features, don't know if he has nav, but it's certainly isn't as nice as the v36 no matter how you look at it.), a weaker engine, sold in a different part of the country.. I don't know..

No I don't go to school full time, thats how I can afford such a car at my age. But do you care to explain where is this class your taking that teaches you how to price out cars?

I think you proved your point. You repair your own car and fabricate your own parts out of pixie dust so it doesn't cost you a dime. For the rest of us living in the real world, anybody who can afford a car with a warranty will most certainly enjoy it.

I mean really how pathetic are you now to starting to bring up old hyundai's now.

lol, lemmie tell ya those old G's were the $hit...

Last edited by _RR_; 02-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
thatoneguy just out of curiosity how do you like your G37?
I like it just fine, just like I liked my G35 when I had it, except I'm happy with it stock. Could have a little bit more torque down low, but it could be worse.

Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Oh and how's the Tacoma?

Tacoma is good, and very smooth riding for a truck. Plenty of room inside too, I think Toyota got the proportions right with the current generation. It's reserved for hunting, camping, snow boarding, towing my bike to the track, and towing my boat to the lake. Thank you for being so concerned.

Last edited by thatoneguy; 02-16-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in my opinion the genesis coupe is a nice looking car but the g35 wins hands down. the overall look and feel of a g35 is way better in my opinion.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 AM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
air must be thin out there in utah. when did this thread get interesting? the g35, both sedan and coupe, are getting old and dated. i owned a 91 300z tt and a 94 tt rx7. both those cars hold up to anything today and make a g look plain. i regret selling both those cars, but don't miss my g35 at all. the hyundai is no classic either by any means, but will outperform a g35 in every aspect. give credit where it's due, hyundai holds their own in quality/reliability and their cars perform well.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
i owned a 91 300z tt and a 94 tt rx7. both those cars hold up to anything today and make a g look plain.
I think there are a lot of people that would disagree even though those cars are very collectible. But to each their own. And as ugly as the Genesis looks in person from the front I have given credit to the Genesis, but the Sonata... heck no.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by _RR_
No I don't go to school full time, thats how I can afford such a car at my age. But do you care to explain where is this class your taking that teaches you how to price out cars?Mostly it's common sense, but sense you don't seem to have any, I thought some more classes would help

I think you proved your point. You repair your own car and fabricate your own parts out of pixie dust so it doesn't cost you a dime. For the rest of us living in the real world, anybody who can afford a car with a warranty will most certainly enjoy it.

I mean really how pathetic are you now to starting to bring up old hyundai's now.

lol, lemmie tell ya those old G's were the $hit...
G20 was a completely different platform, I don't even know why they used that letter again.

The old sonata on the other hand was pretty much the same idea as the new one. A cheap imitation of better cars.

And the new idea the Genesis, well it's an old idea that nissan had. All the clues are there.... did you figure it out yet? And I wasn't the first to say this.

Last edited by McLaren23; 02-16-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:28 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by McLaren23
Actually don't worry about that ... I've got it

What were they thinkin on the hood and grill. Profile obviously stolen from a cls. Should've done more trial and error uh? But for Hyundai R&D would mean looking at pictures of old BMWs and Mercedes.

or is it the older model

Oh ya! That's really innovative.
Lmao and to whoever complained about how I time alls I can say is deal with it. this isn't english class

Old 02-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Umm... Really.... Why would anyone want to drive the Hyundai? It is a Hyundai after all. Funny how Hyundai gives you a 10 year 100k mile warranty...I know of 5 people that had a Hyundai and the flaming hoops they make you jump through is nearly impossible to do and you HAVE to do these things to keep you warranty. Also above this guy has the right idea, all of the Korean Auto manufacturers do nothing but take profiles and fronts and rears from other cars and copy them. The new gen sedan as above looks like a MB, the side view of the new sonata is a rip off of the Acura TL. The new Kia sedan is a rip off of the Jaguar. I mean get some designers instead of copiers. Next the Gen coupe in either engine can not beat my 06 G 6MT. I have raced a couple and they couldnt even get close. IT is a Hyundai for christs sake. On top of that the Hyundai's on the roads that over 5 years old have paint fading and chipping off of them. Everything about the Hyundai is cheaply done from interior, to drivetrain, to finish. I saw the Castrol engine build off between the magazines, the Dr from Skunk that usually build Honda engines was building the EVO engine (same basic engine as Gen coupe) and he was laughing at the tolerances in the engine. You could giggle the cams and rods all around....He said this is nothing like the quality you would find out of a Honda, Nissan, Toyota, or other Japanese engines. He said the quality of the engine is crap, look for it to break apart before 100k for regular daily driving, then he added if you mod the engine look at getting maybe 50k out of it before you start breaking the bank to keep it running.

SO there is obviously no comparison between the two vehicles. This is like comparing Budweiser to Sam Adams.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by VincenzG35
Lmao and to whoever complained about how I time alls I can say is deal with it. this isn't english class
^^^ What? Can you form any of your posts into coherent sentances? Can you even speak english or do you just bash your face against the keyboard when you post?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:59 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Here is my old G37, want to talk trash about it as well?
Looks like trash! Just kidding man, I really liked your G37. Sad to see it go, but hey you're happy with your new ride and that is all that matters.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Honestly I loved my superchaged G35, my juiced G35, and my G37. I had a great time building them all and developing new mods for each. But all 3 cars were riddled with issues and eventually I just got tired of going to the dealer to constantly fixing something and fighting them to do it. I think all of my distaste for Infiniti purely comes from the dealer. I know no car will be problem free, but last thing I want is to fight with a dealer over my warranty because he says my 5th gear syncro went out because I have an exhaust on my car.

I enjoy the new smooth riding, no more taking speed bumps at crazy angles, no more filling up twice a week, no more 1200 dollar tires every 8 months, no more freaking about about scrapping my custom molded Top Secret lip, no more worried about cracks in my carbon fiber hood, not more worring about LEDs burning out in my headlights, no more worring about scratches on my carbon fiber interior, ect.

Honestly I think I am out of the coupe game in general too. Right now I have my eyes set on either a 2010 CTS-V, C63 AMG, M5, or M3 sedan. I am just trying to convince my S/O to go for it. She has no issues dropping 20k on an engagement ring but thinks cars are a waste of money.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 02-16-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Honestly I loved my superchaged G35, my juiced G35, and my G37. I had a great time building them all and developing new mods for each. But all 3 cars were riddled with issues and eventually I just got tired of going to the dealer to constantly fixing something and fighting them to do it. I think all of my distaste for Infiniti purely comes from the dealer. I know no car will be problem free, but last thing I want is to fight with a dealer over my warranty because he says my 5th gear syncro went out because I have an exhaust on my car.

I enjoy the new smooth riding, no more taking speed bumps at crazy angles, no more filling up twice a week, no more 1200 dollar tires every 8 months, no more freaking about about scrapping my custom molded Top Secret lip, no more worried about cracks in my carbon fiber hood, not more worring about LEDs burning out in my headlights, no more worring about scratches on my carbon fiber interior, ect.

Honestly I think I am out of the coupe game in general too. Right now I have my eyes set on either a 2010 CTS-V, C63 AMG, M5, or M3 sedan. I am just trying to convince my S/O to go for it. She has no issues dropping 20k on an engagement ring but thinks cars are a waste of money.
Yes I do feel with the G's you either gotta good one or you gotta lemon. That is one problem with Infiniti all together, they really need a better inspector on the line to make sure things are tightened up and finished off nice. My 06 G with 45k on it has some annoying rattles and creaks here and there. My older 86 Honda Accord coupe had none of those rattles and creaks. If Honda or Acura would come out with a nice rear drive or AWD coupe I would be all over it. You really just can not beat the quality of Honda and Acura. I think out of all auto manufacturers they are just about the best. To bad my G wasn't built by Honda, then it would really be an *** kicker.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by G3LU5
Yes I do feel with the G's you either gotta good one or you gotta lemon. That is one problem with Infiniti all together, they really need a better inspector on the line to make sure things are tightened up and finished off nice. My 06 G with 45k on it has some annoying rattles and creaks here and there. My older 86 Honda Accord coupe had none of those rattles and creaks. If Honda or Acura would come out with a nice rear drive or AWD coupe I would be all over it. You really just can not beat the quality of Honda and Acura. I think out of all auto manufacturers they are just about the best. To bad my G wasn't built by Honda, then it would really be an *** kicker.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Genesis>G35