The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which car do think is better?
Hyundai Genesis
8.67%
G35
91.33%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinions on Genesis>G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This debate is retarded. If the Genesis coupe outperforms the G35, that's cool. It's a horrible comparison considering that it's not even comparing same generation cars. A fair comparison would be the Genesis to the G37. Of course a newer car might be able to outperform an older one. The manufacturer has more time to do R&D to make it happen.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't know those accords could look that nice

Old 02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Honestly I loved my superchaged G35, my juiced G35, and my G37. I had a great time building them all and developing new mods for each. But all 3 cars were riddled with issues and eventually I just got tired of going to the dealer to constantly fixing something and fighting them to do it. I think all of my distaste for Infiniti purely comes from the dealer. I know no car will be problem free, but last thing I want is to fight with a dealer over my warranty because he says my 5th gear syncro went out because I have an exhaust on my car.

I enjoy the new smooth riding, no more taking speed bumps at crazy angles, no more filling up twice a week, no more 1200 dollar tires every 8 months, no more freaking about about scrapping my custom molded Top Secret lip, no more worried about cracks in my carbon fiber hood, not more worring about LEDs burning out in my headlights, no more worring about scratches on my carbon fiber interior, ect.
i find this post funny, the things you complain about were your own doing man, get real!

smooth riding - dont lower the car
speed bump angles - dont lower the car
gas mileage - dont modify the engine, ie supercharger or nitrous
expensive tires - buy longer lasting tires and dont drive on them hard, they will last
scraping - again, dont lower the car or leave the lip off
cracking a carbon fiber hood - leave that ugly pos hood off
LEDS burning out - valid point there, but ive never had that problem
scratching cf interior - thats the users fault, you want to downgrade interior? then thats on you

all of these things were your doing, dont blame the car or the dealer. so you modify the car a ton, complain about the problems the modifications create, then sell the car to get a sonoda without those mods. doesnt make sense to me

Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by G3LU5
Umm... Really.... Why would anyone want to drive the Hyundai? It is a Hyundai after all.
Yeah, you're right. It's only getting accolades left and right for because it's a ****ty Hyundai. You better call all those publications and research groups and show them how to do their job right, since after all, it's just a Hyundai

Originally Posted by G3LU5
Next the Gen coupe in either engine can not beat my 06 G 6MT. I have raced a couple and they couldnt even get close. IT is a Hyundai for christs sake.
Wrong. You can beat the 2.0T no problem, not the 3.8. It is faster, handles better, brakes better, has a true limited slip differential, and weighs less. I'm gonna guess that on a track, the 2.0T could hold it's own against the G35 as well.

Originally Posted by TNC 718
This debate is retarded. If the Genesis coupe outperforms the G35, that's cool. It's a horrible comparison considering that it's not even comparing same generation cars. A fair comparison would be the Genesis to the G37. Of course a newer car might be able to outperform an older one. The manufacturer has more time to do R&D to make it happen.
It also outperforms the G37 on the track, and is only a few tenths behind in acceleration.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Funny the bone stock accord doesn't look nearly as nice as it does on D2 wheels, dropped. Here you go stock, V6 271hp, $31,000 with nav.

Attached Thumbnails Honest opinions on Genesis>G35-accordcp.jpg  
Old 02-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
i find this post funny, the things you complain about were your own doing man, get real!

smooth riding - dont lower the car
speed bump angles - dont lower the car
gas mileage - dont modify the engine, ie supercharger or nitrous
expensive tires - buy longer lasting tires and dont drive on them hard, they will last
scraping - again, dont lower the car or leave the lip off
cracking a carbon fiber hood - leave that ugly pos hood off
LEDS burning out - valid point there, but ive never had that problem
scratching cf interior - thats the users fault, you want to downgrade interior? then thats on you

all of these things were your doing, dont blame the car or the dealer. so you modify the car a ton, complain about the problems the modifications create, then sell the car to get a sonoda without those mods. doesnt make sense to me

Yes those I recently listed were due to modification. But if you would have read my earlier post, I listed all the manufactur defects I have delt with my previous cars. I didnt feel I had to restate them again.

My suggestion is that before you decide to jump into a debate, you should probably read what has been discussed before. If you noticed, I said that I was tired of going to the dealer to constantly have something fixed. Do you really believe I would be going to the dealer for any item listed there?

Yes the overall quality of my Infinitis was adequate, but not for the luxury brand they try to pass off. My biggest issue is how they constantly fight me to fix any of their obvious defects, even those that have a TSB against them, due to modifications. This happened to me at 6 different dealers in 4 different states (I moved several times due to Military). Also it is a very common thing among this forum.

So tell me, how do you justify them building a car with 77 knows TSBs (more than any other car in its class), then refusing to fix these known problems due to rediculous reasons. I actually had Pontiac replace the driveshaft on my Firebird, eventhough I had a Procharger installed on it and MT slicks. Yet Infiniti refused to replace my warped rotors after 8k miles (outstanding TSB) because I had my calipers painted red and installed aftermarket rims.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 02-16-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:48 PM
i read the whole thread, but that post made me giggle, it doesnt take a genious to know that modifying a car takes life away from it, thats just the way it goes. without all the modifications, i bet the majority of your problems would not have happened. and this is not a debate, its a joke of a thread, im done posting in it

Old 02-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Here is a list of issues I have personally delt with (though I have seen much worse on here in my time). Every single item was well within warranty and had a TSB associated with it. (I wont 90% of my disputes, but the constant arguing with manager and corporate was outrageous)

04 G35
-Refused to replace headlight that had moisture it in because I had HID kit
-Refused to replace 6 disk cd changer because I had an amp and sub in trunk
-Refused to replace window motor because I had an aftermarket alarm
-Refused to replace bent hood hinge because I had a carbon fiber hood
-Refused to replace O2 sensor because I had cat back exhaust

08 G37
-Refused to replace warped rotors or failed seal in caliper due to calipers being painted red and aftermarket rims
-Refused to replace bubbled leather seats (no real reason, just claimed wear and tear)
-Refused to replaced warping dash (no real reason, just claimed wear and tear)

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 02-16-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:09 PM
i read the whole thread, but that post made me giggle, it doesnt take a genious to know that modifying a car takes life away from it, thats just the way it goes. without all the modifications, i bet the majority of your problems would not have happened. and this is not a debate, its a joke of a thread, im done posting in it
Then please Mr. Genius tell me how these are related to modifications? I am sure you can make up reasons, that is what Infiniti does.

2004 G35 (62k miles)
- Hood hinges bent, causing rubbing and damage to my front fenders
- Head lights had moisture entry
- 6 disk cd changer failed
- Driver seat motor failed
- Passenger window motor failed
- Sunroof leaked during car wash
- Rear axle click
- Driver side door speaker failed
- License plate light tab broke, left light hanging
- Leather around shift **** started to peel away
- Leather near the reclining pull on driver seat ripped
- O2 sensor failed

2008 G37 (31k miles)
- Leather on driver seat bubbled (after 10k miles)
- Trim around gauge cluster started to peel at edges
- Plastic around steering wheel buttons straches with just finger nail
- 5th gear syncro failed
- Front rotors warped (after 8k miles)
- Front passenger caliper seal broke (after 20k miles)
- Door pulls looks like they were attacked by freddy kruger
- Stitched lettering on floor mats is worn through

Old 02-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should probably check out the Hyundai/Genesis forums if you think they don't have a plethora of problems.

You had a bad dealer,
You had a lemon or two.
Every car has issues.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
It also outperforms the G37 on the track, and is only a few tenths behind in acceleration.
Edmunds Re-Test

It's 4 years newer, has the same HP and weighs ~250lbs less...It should be quicker than a G37 (on paper).

There's no question the Gen C V6 MT is a great bargain. My only concern is Hyundai's track record. Every 'sporty' car they have manufactured (every car period) has not had good long term quality. Plenty of manufacturers get all exited and advertise it when they get a 'Best In Initial Quality' award from some review but I keep my cars for 10 years, not 3, 4 or even 5.
When Hyundai sells a car that shows good wear and tear past the 5 year old mark, then and only then will I ever consider buying one...10 year warranty or not.
They seem to be getting there but car reviews thought that when the last Tib came out. Time will tell.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
James, you should have gone to IOA. They asked me if I had any brake rotor issues during my last oil change without me asking (rotors are fine). They replaced the seat bottom with no questions asked and put in a new trans because Pat said mine was too loud. Anyway, what did you end up getting? Also, did you ever get that cf stillen lip from spawn? If you have it I'd be interested.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Then please Mr. Genius tell me how these are related to modifications? I am sure you can make up reasons, that is what Infiniti does.
wow, we sure are high on ourselves arent we? like i also said earlier in the thread, you had a lemon or two. and i never said those specific problems were related to mods, but your post about supercharging, nitrous, etc was what i was referring to. get over yourself

Old 02-16-2011, 02:56 PM
wow, we sure are high on ourselves arent we? like i also said earlier in the thread, you had a lemon or two. and i never said those specific problems were related to mods, but your post about supercharging, nitrous, etc was what i was referring to. get over yourself
Lemon? How is a car a lemon if it has 77 known faults and TSBs documented against it? I know you are kinda new around here but please do yourself a favor and look around this forum at all the people with issues.

My problem isnt even with all the numerous issues I had but the horrendous customer service that seems to be common across the board for Infiniti. I really dont mind having to take my car into get something fixed, but I dont want to fight with a dealer everytime to get it fixed.

Im not like most the kids on here buying a 100k mile 8 year old car for 12 grand. I paid almost 40k each for all 3 of my cars and I expect that if I am paying that much for a new car with a warranty that a company will honor it and not make up BS excuses to get out of fixing problems.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Here is a list of issues I have personally delt with (though I have seen much worse on here in my time). Every single item was well within warranty and had a TSB associated with it. (I wont 90% of my disputes, but the constant arguing with manager and corporate was outrageous)

04 G35
-Refused to replace headlight that had moisture it in because I had HID kit
-Refused to replace 6 disk cd changer because I had an amp and sub in trunk
-Refused to replace window motor because I had an aftermarket alarm
-Refused to replace bent hood hinge because I had a carbon fiber hood
-Refused to replace O2 sensor because I had cat back exhaust

08 G37
-Refused to replace warped rotors or failed seal in caliper due to calipers being painted red and aftermarket rims
-Refused to replace bubbled leather seats (no real reason, just claimed wear and tear)
-Refused to replaced warping dash (no real reason, just claimed wear and tear)
Sounds like you had a terrible dealer. I had the same kind of experience when I had my 03 Accord. There was a TSB for the backlight of the radio, which eventually stops working. The dealer on my side of town was going to charge me $400 plus $50 labor, claiming the radio was broken and I needed a completely new one.

Took it to the dealer on the other side of town, and they replaced the wiring harness (the only thing that needed to be fixed, not the entire radio) for free, and gave me a voucher for a free oil change. Never went to the other dealer after this.

The Infiniti dealer in my area has been great with my 04 Coupe. They even wash my car after an oil change.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Genesis>G35