The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which car do think is better?
Hyundai Genesis
8.67%
G35
91.33%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinions on Genesis>G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by B FIFE22
Sounds like you had a terrible dealer. I had the same kind of experience when I had my 03 Accord. There was a TSB for the backlight of the radio, which eventually stops working. The dealer on my side of town was going to charge me $400 plus $50 labor, claiming the radio was broken and I needed a completely new one.

Took it to the dealer on the other side of town, and they replaced the wiring harness (the only thing that needed to be fixed, not the entire radio) for free, and gave me a voucher for a free oil change. Never went to the other dealer after this.

The Infiniti dealer in my area has been great with my 04 Coupe. They even wash my car after an oil change.
I see you are new here so I wont be a jerk. But when you enter a thread that is multiple pages, it is ususally best if your read the previous pages before you post. There is usually a good chance there is an answer already posted.

I use to be in the military and between my 3 different Infinitis, I have been to several dealerships across the country. Also if you search around this forum you will notice that my problems are not isolated. It is very common for Infiniti to refuse to warranty items for absurd reasons.

In every regional sections of this forum you will find discussions on the the best dealership to get warranty work done on, sadly not all areas of the country have a dealer that is trustworthy. Many people here have to drive 100+ miles to get to a dealer that will not try to screw them over.

PS
I am glad you found a dealer near you that is good. But NEVER let a dealer wash your car. You are just asking for swirls and marring.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Lemon? How is a car a lemon if it has 77 known faults and TSBs documented against it? I know you are kinda new around here but please do yourself a favor and look around this forum at all the people with issues.

My problem isnt even with all the numerous issues I had but the horrendous customer service that seems to be common across the board for Infiniti. I really dont mind having to take my car into get something fixed, but I dont want to fight with a dealer everytime to get it fixed.

Im not like most the kids on here buying a 100k mile 8 year old car for 12 grand. I paid almost 40k each for all 3 of my cars and I expect that if I am paying that much for a new car with a warranty that a company will honor it and not make up BS excuses to get out of fixing problems.
lol, ok, just because i dont have 8500 posts does not make me new to the platform. ive own my fair share of cars too, currently own 3. you can belittle people all you want calling them punk kids, newbs, what have you, but that doesnt work with me. and no offense, but id never pay 40k for these cars, that money would be going to a z06 or something similar. im sorry you grossly over paid. anyway, i dont want to argue with you over the internet. you can drive your sonoda and ill drive my g35 and we can both live happily ever after in our own little worlds, deal? but, in the end, im pretty sure 9 out of 10 people would take my g35 over your sonoda, just sayin

Old 02-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Lemon? How is a car a lemon if it has 77 known faults and TSBs documented against it? I know you are kinda new around here but please do yourself a favor and look around this forum at all the people with issues.

My problem isnt even with all the numerous issues I had but the horrendous customer service that seems to be common across the board for Infiniti. I really dont mind having to take my car into get something fixed, but I dont want to fight with a dealer everytime to get it fixed.

Im not like most the kids on here buying a 100k mile 8 year old car for 12 grand. I paid almost 40k each for all 3 of my cars and I expect that if I am paying that much for a new car with a warranty that a company will honor it and not make up BS excuses to get out of fixing problems.
LOL! Sounds like you went through the same shlt I went through!

I too paid 40k for this car and expected "quality".... Not only from the car, but FROM the dealership. HOWEVER, from my experience, the 2 dealership I took my car too were complete idiots.

They scratched my fender when I did the headlight recall, and all they did was touch up the paint! When I saw that, I demanded they repainted the fender. They tried to play it off and said I made the scratch, and they were nice enough to "Cover" the scratch for me. LOL WTF

Car had 700 miles on it at the time.

Then I took my car in for the sun roof popping noise. And they destroyed my interior. SCRATCHES ALL OVER. They even ripped the HEADLINER, and guess how they fixed it?

Instead of replacing it with a new one, they KRAZY glued it together. LOL I had to bltch to them and demanded they replace all the parts with new ones. Including the scratch on all the misc parts.

This is just SOME of the crap I went though with 2 different dealership.

Like you said, MOST guys here paid 15k for a used G and of course they're going to complain about the crap quality.

BUT they will when they find out that it cost 700+ to replace a valve cover, and 1000+ to replace the tires every 15k. LOL

Not to mention window motors, door lock mech, door moldings, Compression Rod Bushings, etc etc.

The G has so many CRAP the falls apart it's not even funny.

This car is CERTAINLY not built to last. It has a lot of cheap parts that COST BANK to replace.

Even though some of the parts can be found on a NISSAN at less than HALF the price. Such as the Valve Cover.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
lol, ok, just because i dont have 8500 posts does not make me new to the platform. ive own my fair share of cars too, currently own 3. you can belittle people all you want calling them punk kids, newbs, what have you, but that doesnt work with me. and no offense, but id never pay 40k for these cars, that money would be going to a z06 or something similar. im sorry you grossly over paid. anyway, i dont want to argue with you over the internet. you can drive your sonoda and ill drive my g35 and we can both live happily ever after in our own little worlds, deal? but, in the end, im pretty sure 9 out of 10 people would take my g35 over your sonoda, just sayin
Agreed, and if that poll was put on any other forum (ie honda, toyota, bmw, chevy, etc.) the result would be the same everytime.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Banned
True, but again, the people answering are looking for a certain type of vehicle. But sales figures says otherwise. Doesn't matter what car people "want" more. The numbers is what matters. Sonata outsold G37 Sedans. Buy a wide margin.

Infiniti sales for January were 7,405 units. That's the TOTAL number of cars sold for Jan.

Sales of the Infiniti G Sedan Line rose 21.2 percent to 3,248 units,

http://forums.trucktrend.com/70/8524...-tr/index.html

Hyundai sold more Sonata's alone than the entire Infiniti lineup.

January 2011 Sales: 13,261

Old 02-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by McLaren23
Agreed, and if that poll was put on any other forum (ie honda, toyota, bmw, chevy, etc.) the result would be the same everytime.
Your lack of intelligence continues to astound me. The Genesis probably outsells the G37 probably 2:1. It is cheaper and also is rated highest in initial quality. Majority of poeople in the US would take the a new Genesis over a used G35 or a more expensive G37.

You are yet to ever post a single thing that has a shread of intelligence or reasoning behind it. Please for the sake of mankind, take yourself out of the gene pool.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
its not a pretty economy out there, although i have seen some improvement. but, what do people buy when money is tight? they settle for less than they would like. im not saying thats every case, or that the 37 is that great of a car, i dont really like it all that much. but what im saying is this, that without price considered i would pick the g over the sonata. if we are talking about a per $ comparison, then things might be different, idk

edit, ah dang it, i said i was done posting in this thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned
What's more impressive is Toyota's sales. January sales of 102,996 units

Even after the BAD publicity it received.

In comparison, Nissan vehicles posted sales of 64,442 units.

http://forums.trucktrend.com/70/8524...-tr/page2.html

You can blame the "economy" on lack of Infinti sales, but Lexus still out sold Infinti by several thousand more units.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:02 PM
The Genesis probably outsells the G37 probably 2:1. It is cheaper and also is rated highest in initial quality. Majority of poeople in the US would take the a new Genesis over a used G35 or a more expensive G37.
You don't know this, stop thinking your opinion is fact you retard. Probably 2:1.... where's your evidence, go do some research, it's easy. You put some words into a search engine, that is something that will help you find stuff on the internet that is valid. These are called facts, they actually mean something unlike your opinion because we all know that you have no taste. This also doesn't mean that a majority of people would prefer a genesis. From my experience there are never any Genesis on the road, but I do see quite a few on the dealer lot.

Best mod is a hot girl in the passenger seat.
Also who the heck posts something like this? Obviously some insecure ***** that needs a girl next to him in order to call himself a man. You are not contributing anything positive to this forum. Instead of making plasticy orange and red cars you should invest in a shrink to help you though your insecurities.

Additionally, no wonder why the infiniti dealership treated you badly, you are a bitter *****.

Post to end them all below

Originally Posted by 4DGS
Wow, whoseurbuddie, you look like a real child in this thread. I once respected you for how long you've been a part of this forum. Now you're just a bitter *****.

BTW, not sure if you're ever looked into this but have you seen dyno sheets for Hyundai and what they actually make?

Their "306" hp gen coupe only makes about 220 at the wheels, while infiniti's 280hp makes around 230-250 at the wheels. Don't you think the "274" hp Sonata will put down something like 200? I know so. That, along with ****ty turbos and and ugly exterior makes for a slow and ugly car that drives like a Kia... I mean Hyundai.

Get off your high horse about saving money and buy something worth it, if you think that's a Sonata, then sell your car and go buy one.
And he did so... like mikegrote said... let him live happily ever after with his ugly Sonata

Old 02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Keep trying kid.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey there comin out with a forte supercharged (just sayin I like the fortes exterior)
Anyway this is too far and members shouldn't be insulting each otherthis thread should be closed enough is enough we like infiniti he likes sonatas I got that a long time ago. All recent and future post are just bickering and is in no way positive for Driver let's all man up and end it. And if another person goes on abt HP I'm getting Tim

Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by VincenzG35
Hey there comin out with a forte supercharged (just sayin I like the fortes exterior)
Anyway this is too far and members shouldn't be insulting each otherthis thread should be closed enough is enough we like infiniti he likes sonatas I got that a long time ago. All recent and future post are just bickering and is in no way positive for Driver let's all man up and end it. And if another person goes on abt HP I'm getting Tim
Sorry man just couldn't let the crap that he said go. I usually don't post aggressive material, it's not helpful to anyone.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by McLaren23
You don't know this, stop thinking your opinion is fact you retard. Probably 2:1.... where's your evidence, go do some research, it's easy.
i posted the evidence a few post above. It's more like 3:1.

Hyundai Sonata's January 2011 Sales: 13,261.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
i posted the evidence a few post above. It's more like 3:1.

Hyundai Sonata's January 2011 Sales: 13,261.
You should read a little more carefully because he wrote Genesis

The Genesis probably outsells the G37 probably 2:1.
And the Sonata should not be compared to a G. Different class of cars

Genesis on the otherhand is a better comparison

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...01/516933.html

Now what happened there, looks like the Genesis line only sold 1873 last month

Last edited by McLaren23; 02-16-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
And that number for the G is only for the sedan whereas the Genesis number is for the sedan and the coupe so there you have it. The G sedan itself out sold the Genesis sedan and coupe almost two fold.

I guess this ratio

The Genesis probably outsells the G37 probably 2:1
is the exact opposite, what do ya know

Last edited by McLaren23; 02-16-2011 at 11:54 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Genesis>G35