The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Another bad transaction with Iron-Mike

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 6MTFTW
I just want to shed some more light on the situation. I think it's getting out of hand...

Prior to our transaction, Mike had NUMEROUS good/positive deals with people concerning headlights. He purchased the supercharger kit and never had it installed. So, in his defense, he didn't know about the missing pieces. As far as the packing job, I have no explanation for that one. We'll mark that one up to a learning experience...

Mike HAS been in constant contact with me since day one. He shouldn't have spent the money that I sent, until the transaction was complete. But again, learning experience. He thought everything was going to work out. But, when UPS wouldn't take a damage claim, that's where the MAIN problem came in our dealings. We were going to try to work it out where the claim funds were going to replace the supercharger. Then, he was going to provide the missing pieces. So, when UPS wouldn't honor a damage claim, that messed everything up.

We all know how our economy is all messed up and crap. That's why I've been EXTREMELY patient and COMPLETELY understanding about his situation. I just felt the need to bring this public, as incentive to complete the refund. I'm currently in contact with my credit card company about disputing the charge, even thought it's been 90+ days. If this works out, that will be the end of it. Period.

So, there's ABSOLUTELY no need to be bashing anyone or call him a scammer. As someone already mentioned, with the number of transaction that Mike has made, there's bound to be a few hiccups. If I can understand that, I hope everyone else can, too.

-Jerome

Is that a joke!?!? I hope it is. And as BK said if you really did have a change of heart than delete this thread. If i were a scammer, not saying i am or ever will be, you seem like the perfect type of guy to get. Nice, non-confrontational..."oh yeah sure, you spent my money and cant pay me back for a while, no problem just let me know when you get the money to pay me back, im in no rush..."

Come on now chief...

Last edited by Shasta Mcnasty; 09-03-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Shasta Mcnasty
Nice, non-confrontational..."oh yeah sure, you spent my money and cant pay me back for a while, no problem just let me know when you get the money to pay me back, im in no rush..."
Come on now chief...
The only way this would be fine is if there was some kind of interest accrued during the time it takes to pay him back. OP you are not a bank, why would you give someone a loan esp after he is the one that screwed you over?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by 6MTFTW
Prior to our transaction, Mike had NUMEROUS good/positive deals with people concerning headlights. He purchased the supercharger kit and never had it installed. So, in his defense, he didn't know about the missing pieces. As far as the packing job, I have no explanation for that one. We'll mark that one up to a learning experience...
are you serious? so he can package and sell what he wants without knowing if everything he says is in there, is actually in there? and you're ok with him "not knowing"?!? thats fraud man.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:44 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
bst of luck 6mt. you seem to be quite an understanding guy and i hope it works out for you.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
LOOL are you serious op?? iron mike has screwed over multiple people and used every array of excuses to not pay people back the money he owed them. open your eyes and see that he is a low life. if he has done so many transactions why would he still package his **** like a retard??? he has had problems with packaging damage before, yet he didnt change the way he packs his items, even a supercharger???!?!?! all i can say is im never going to buy anything from him.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I have to agree with everyone here OP. If this was me I would have filed a dispute after the first month of waiting. Once the blower came damaged I wouldn't be off the phone with PayPal/Amex until I received a 100% full refund, and the seller can pay me to send the crap back to him. I would never do business with this guy. I just filed a chargeback against 350zmotorsports for not giving me a refund after waiting over 3 months for a part. I got my money back within 3 days no questions asked. I don't understand why your CC company won't?

Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm surprised this guy hasn't had kharma pay him a visit on his doorstep.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You are one patient guy...I have seen numerous threads about Iron Mike f*cking people over. I would have to say this is the biggest one though. I dont think the economy has anything to do with you getting your money back...If you do some research, you will see that this guy has been spending money on his car. If he doesnt have the cash, I'd be telling him to part out and get my money back or else its going to court. I dont understand why you are giving this guy the benefit of the doubt...

Old 09-08-2009, 03:17 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I will share an experience, not of mine but a close friend who is to nice to say anything. He bought a set of wheels from Iron Mike I saw the add he stated barely used as new condition. Mike kept blowing him off on when they would be shipped then Mike need the rear tires for his new wheels while he was waiting for a new set of rear tires he ordered for himself. My buddy said just send the wheels it was never part of the deal for you to keep driving on the tires and threatened to start a paypal dispute to finnally get them shipped. So finally after about a 3 months everything finally got shipped. When they arrived the rear tires were bald I would have been scared to drive to the tire shop to get them swapped out. The wheels where filthy grime built up on them they looked trashed, so they cleaned up and the lips in the rear were horrible it looked like they polished with sand paper....far from like new. i know Mike refunded some money, i told my buddy to get a full refund and ship them back but Mike had already spent the money on a supercharger. Every time i would see one of Mikes posted it pissed me off thinking of what a scam he pulled and I wanted to say something but it wasn't my place and my buddy isn't the type of guy to make a big deal out of it. With a ton of work he has the rear lips looking decent but he addmitted that they will still have to be refinished. That is Mikes like new they need to be refinished...i would have reversed the CC charge for sure befor ethe wheels even shipped with the run around Mike kept giving him about the shipping and the tires ordeal. The purchaser may or may not add his two cents but it makes me happy to see iron Mike is Banned.

You can see the lips look creamy not mirror like even after they had a good polishing and the tires are bald.

i have been waiting 3 months for these and they finally showed up.

20" Volk GT-C

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 09-08-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:44 AM
Wow. I believe you cant file a claim with paypal after 45 days. But If I was sending that much money through paypal I would atleast file a claim before 45 days if I havent gotten everything.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I will share an experience, not of mine but a close friend who is to nice to say anything. He bought a set of wheels from Iron Mike I saw the add he stated barely used as new condition. Mike kept blowing him off on when they would be shipped then Mike need the rear tires for his new wheels while he was waiting for a new set of rear tires he ordered for himself. My buddy said just send the wheels it was never part of the deal for you to keep driving on the tires and threatened to start a paypal dispute to finnally get them shipped. So finally after about a 3 months everything finally got shipped. When they arrived the rear tires were bald I would have been scared to drive to the tire shop to get them swapped out. The wheels where filthy grime built up on them they looked trashed, so they cleaned up and the lips in the rear were horrible it looked like they polished with sand paper....far from like new. i know Mike refunded some money, i told my buddy to get a full refund and ship them back but Mike had already spent the money on a supercharger. Every time i would see one of Mikes posted it pissed me off thinking of what a scam he pulled and I wanted to say something but it wasn't my place and my buddy isn't the type of guy to make a big deal out of it. With a ton of work he has the rear lips looking decent but he addmitted that they will still have to be refinished. That is Mikes like new they need to be refinished...i would have reversed the CC charge for sure befor ethe wheels even shipped with the run around Mike kept giving him about the shipping and the tires ordeal. The purchaser may or may not add his two cents but it makes me happy to see iron Mike is Banned.
Originally Posted by Iron-Mike
Originally Posted by red35
I'm just wondering if there is any damage on the wheels? All what is the reason for selling if u did just get them? Also would you be willing to ship to canada? Oh, one last thing what size are the lips on the front and back? i am interested in them so please let me know.
Hey ,

There's nothing wrong with the wheels at all. I'm only selling them cuz the lips arent big enough to me. I had wheels recently with 5" lips in the rear and 3" lips in front.

The Volks have 2" lips in front and 3" lips in the rear. Again theres nothing wrong with them i just need a wheel with a bigger set of lips. I'll even include a set of Gorilla lugs and locks if you decide you want them.

I have no problem with shipping to Canada. You'll be responsible for shipping fees. Package would be a full setup ready to be installed. i even have the right hub rings bought brand new for the wheels to fit the G35 hubs. Wheels have only been on the car a week...

Mike

This is the first post i sent him about the wheels. He stated that there was nothing wrong with them. Then he bought another set of rims with the money i sent him. After he bought his rims he then sent me a message that he took the tires off of my rims that i had just bought then Mike put them on the rims he just bought because the tires were damaged on the rims he just bought. So that should have been my warning to get out. But it was still winter here and i was not in need of the rims yet. He did state the rears were worn but not as bad as when they showed up, they were bald. So after three months of trying to get the rims and threating him to refund the money, he finally sent them out but then all of a sudden there was a problem with the way he packaged them, then they got held up at the border because the paper work was wrong. So when i received them they were no where near brand new, the faces were all scratched and the only way to polish them up is to refinish them. Also the rims where full of curb rash and little nicks. I then confronted him about the condition of the wheels and he did refund 500 dollars but no where near what the tires cost and whats it going to take to refinish the rims. He also promised me gorilla nuts and hub rings. I never recieved the nuts and only half of the hub rings showed up.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 AM
i hear your pain bro.....i got scammed $1600 from a member here for some wheels a year ago....i vowed never to conduct any business here or any car forum

Old 09-09-2009, 02:40 AM
See the problem with not saying anything about when you get jipped on a public forum like this is you could have prevented another person from being in your situation. Its funny you dont see any of the Iron Mike d riders as you did not too long ago when someone called him out. This guy is a scumbag and hopefully karma comes back to get him.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Iron Mike's in business elsewhere....=(

Right now today Iron Mike has a thread on Frenzy trying to sell a set of rims. He claims he's only had issues with 3 customers, my guess is there's a few more than that....
Gary

Old 11-30-2009, 03:55 AM
Should post this thread up so everyone can see the real kind of person he is...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another bad transaction with Iron-Mike