G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Another bad transaction with Iron-Mike

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:24 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Just did. He's getting a little defensive over there. We'll see how he responds to my post.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Well after reading this thread I must say as a premeire member of this site for quite sometime, I must say I am kind of surprised. I will speak from what I know and that is I have watched Mike do amazing things with headlights and from what I have seen and had done to my lights at one point I have nothing but good things to say. Mike and I go back more than 10 years and in his defense I would not call him a scammer. Just because there may be delimas and or issues doesn't make someone scammer. I have to laugh at the maturity levels on this site and must say that if you dont communicate you won't get anywhere. I had an incident with a member on this site who bashed my name for pages before realizing that he made a typo in his PayPal address (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...-tech-g-6.html) see last page. Mike is an honest person to do business with in my opinion and this isn't me just speaking becasue he's my boy, but because I know he does.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
He might be a nice guy, but please don't down play the issues here.
His business ethics are well documented and he is banned here for a reason.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
He might be a nice guy, but please don't down play the issues here.
His business ethics are well documented and he is banned here for a reason.
seriously. you can try all you want to make up excuses about how he got a bad rep but just look at the solid evidence. many occasions where things are missing, things are broken, things are in poor condition, things are not as described. it doesn't matter what anyone says, this guy is scum.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Hi-Tech, based on things being said - it seems as though putting yourself out there in his defence might not be a good idea... people might get the impression that you are scrupulous too.

I'm not suggesting that you are - its just that many people clearly think Iron Mike is shady - linking yourself to him more likely will have negative consequences for you than positive consequences for him.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
So its been a lil more then a month and nothing still if the guy got his money back or an update to situation?

Old 12-01-2009, 06:09 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Here's Mike's response to one of my posts on Frenzy.

Originally Posted by Iron-Mike
Since you decided to jump on the wagon here's a little something apparently you didn't read... LINK Post 47 is everything you need to know about that transaction from the mouth of the guy that bought the supercharger. Its funny how I gave back the money to the customers and none of them decided to update those threads that the problems got resolved.

and just to save the rest of those anxious to jump on the band wagon a little time here is a copy of the post:

Ok. I'm not from NYC, or anywhere near NYC. But, I felt the need to step in here.

I'm the buyer from the supercharger deal. Prior to our transaction, Mike had NUMEROUS good/positive deals with people concerning headlights. He purchased the supercharger kit and never had it installed. So, in his defense, he didn't know about the missing pieces. As far as the packing job, I have no explanation for that one. We'll mark that one up to a learning experience...

Mike HAS been in constant contact with me since day one. He shouldn't have spent the money that I sent, until the transaction was complete. But again, learning experience. He thought everything was going to work out. But, when UPS wouldn't take a damage claim, that's where the MAIN problem came in our dealings. We were going to try to work it out where the claim funds were going to replace the supercharger. Then, he was going to provide the missing pieces. So, when UPS wouldn't honor a damage claim, that messed everything up.

We all know how our economy is all messed up and crap. That's why I've been EXTREMELY patient and COMPLETELY understanding about his situation. I just felt the need to bring this public, as incentive to complete the refund. I'm currently in contact with my credit card company about disputing the charge, even thought it's been 90+ days. If this works out, that will be the end of it. Period.

So, there's ABSOLUTELY no need to be bashing anyone. As someone already mentioned, with the number of transaction that Mike has made, there's bound to be a few hiccups. If I can understand that, I hope everyone else can, too.

-Jerome

Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
^Thank you for clearing this up.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eventually, I made progress with my credit card company. They ended up proceeding with the chargeback, but only for $3,000 if it. In the end, had it not been for that, I would have never got my money back. Mike struggled to refund the difference. As soon as the full balance was refunded, I shipped all of the crap back to him.

Case closed.

I haven't been visiting the site as much as I use to, as I've sold my G35 and moved on to my 2008 Subaru Impreza STI. Track wheels look familiar?