The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Noobs and Other Clueless People

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Noobs and Other Clueless People

Has anyone else noticed that this site seems to have been overrun lately by a few distinct creatures, Noobs With Stupid Questions, Noobs Who Don't Search, and Clueless and Ignorant Regulars? Good gravy, I haven't seen so many dumb posts since I've been here.

"What's the best tire for my car?"
"I think the G35x came with 245/45-17 tires, IMO" "No, the 07 did"
"The G35 is terrible in the snow, but I don't have snow tires."
"I can't believe the dealer lowballed me on my trade in, especially after I just paid full price on a grossly overpriced car"
"Which vanity plate should I get, LUKATME, SMLUNIT, or ILUVTBAG?"

Answers:
It depends on many factors
You're both idiots
You make the previous 2 look like geniuses
You're a moron and a sucker who deserved to get screwed
There are maybe 5 vanity plates in the entire world that don't really mean IMGHEY

Yeah, I'm in kind of a pissy mood, but seeing an overabundance of laziness and misinformation makes me that way.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What gear to drive in when it rains LOL best thread ever.

I know how you feel man. I hate it when people create threads with titles like "This."
"look here" "question" "Im cofused" loletc. If there happens to be any useful info in the thread, the search by title feature is totally useless.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You get that brake line info?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
we were all noobs once you gotta give those people a break. I mean under 10 posts just means they have no clue whats going on. If your just nice and point them in the right direction and they start searching then its all good. I ****ING hate the ignorant lazy ****s though that keep posting up threads with jackass questions. rant/ hahaha I feel your pain OP.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:26 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
OMG everyone is gay

Old 03-17-2010, 07:00 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Buckeye we must think alike. I understand being new, hell I've only been a member for a year. However, the amount of new members that I am assuming are 18 or under is staggering and a little frustrating. Spelling and grammar are obviously not being taught in school anymore or this new wave of owners is just smart enough to get a driver's license and that's where their IQ ends. Obviously this logic doesn't apply to everyone who's young. Look at Wannabe6mt, he's got a great head on his shoulders and conducts himself in a very mature manner for someone who's 18 (19? I can't remember). If I was his father I'd be extremely proud of my son. Most of the others, not so much.

I understand evolution of all things, Driver included and when I joined there was a growing sentiment that the members here have shifted to a more immature crowd. This has exponentially grown in the last few months to a point that I cringe sometimes when I see a new thread that I know I shouldn't open, but I do anyway. It's like a car crash, I know I shouldn't look but I can't help myself.

What gets me is the flood of "I need help but I can't really afford to fix........." Where are the parents and how is responsibility and long-term planning being taught? The G is a great car for what it is and very easy to work on for the most part. However, it's not cheap to maintain on the big ticket items and has just enough common problems to keep it from being totally maintenance free. I've said it before but all of this is inevitable I suppose. As resale values drop we'll have more and more of this insanity so get ready people, it's coming. I still enjoy the hell out of Driver and have to thank the members for educating me on one of my favorite cars ever. This site is THE premiere resource on the web for the G's. I have learned a **** ton about my car and continue to learn more every week.

I just don't spend as much time here as I used to.

Last edited by Blue Dream; 03-17-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree there is a difference of being new and asking a technical question vs what sticker should I put on next.

But the fact is the car is cheaper to buy now. Most 06 are 20K or less.

I dont mind the newer owners, I just wish they'd search a little bit.

Sorry I didnt know a tire size, jeez!

Thats what I was told at discount tire

Old 03-17-2010, 10:39 AM
mao
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey can somebody tell me the difference between 05 and 06 taillights?

and will sedan lights fit the coupe?

oh and one last question, would it be possible to run wider tires in the front instead of the rear?

ha.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
There's minimum requirements to post a thread in the Marketplace (Member of the site for at least 45 days and Post Count of 100 or more).

Maybe there should be the same requirements for new members as well?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol one day we will see more of G ricers who put 24" rims n fugly huge wings, gay decals on it, more gay universal bodykit things whatever, interfooler, etc lol. like what blue dream says "Be prepare!!" lol

btw who made the G35 nissan or infiniti? LMAO!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
LOL, the annual "Damn n00bs" thread. I agree with Buckeye (made me LOL) and Blue. On days when I'm feeling patient and magnanimous, I will give an answer or at least an idea where to search, just to keep some of the work off the guys who really know what they're talking about and get 50 PMs a day asking dumb questions.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm a new guy to this forum, but not new to forums at all.

There is a lot of information this forum, a lot of threads, and a lot of post whoring that makes finding information difficult.

Take it easy and relax. People with new cars are excited and want to mod them and want to do it right away most of the time.

cheers!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
What's the best intake?!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 PM
How do i know if my g is a 6mt model!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
How much HP will this give me to the wheels? Also, do my front wheels gain extra HP with this or is it just my rears? I have a 03 5at coupe with 207k miles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Noobs and Other Clueless People