The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

g35 mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
g35 mods

hey guys I have an g35x sedan (white 2007) and Im looking to do some stuff to so.. I have debadged the g35x and installed lights on the inside. Here are some pics

so the stuff I would like to do.. further debadging, spoiler, grill painting/replacement, rims, window trim replacement, window tints, tail light tints...

the debadging, I love the the clean look on the back, I took off the g35x to make it cleaner.. I think I want to take the infiniti off and paint the logo dark gray/gunmetal and move it to the center or just remove everything. what do you think?

the spoiler, I want one that goes with the flow of the car and can be color matched, Or I want a dark gray/ gunmetal replacement, for the stock one or maybe paint it.. any one done that, any suggestions?

I hate the grill on my car, I think its just the ugliest thing in the world,, I want a new one.. bad I want it to be dark gray/ gunmetal and be a mesh type thing.. like the ones everyone gets for the coupe.. but I cant find it..

The rims, I want 18s, thicker in the back than in the front, 5 or 6 spoke, maybe split... I want them in dark gunmetal.. just like everything else.. maybe have a red pin stripe around the outside..

As you cant tell, I hate chrome, so the chrome trim around the windows need to go.. you think I should get them wrapped? paint them? or can I get new ones..

The window tints.. Im trying to figure this out.. its the next thing Im doing.. I live in NY.. so the legal limit is 30% and I dont want to pay an $80 ticket.. I was going to get 25's all around but I think they are very light.. any advice? also how do they work with the heating element in the rear window?

tail light tints.. I cant figure out if they are legal! any answers? I dont want a blacked out look just a smoked look.. also I dont want it to look like a smoked red light.. so any one know where I can get new covers.. that are clear smoked.. no red.. if not, how dark do I have to go to get away from the red?

Thanks guys, any help is much appreciated!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
three letters.

V
I
P

Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 AM
You also have a Bentley?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by scrapiron7
You also have a Bentley?
Yeah, you're just teasing us here right? Creating a thread asking about mods for your G35, when it is parked next to your Bentley... More pics of the Bentley please .

Old 05-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Welcome to 'Driver....
Thanks for the tease

BTW the red foot-well lights ...nah, not feeling them at all.

Also, there is a dedicated 2nd gen sedan section here with tons of info.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Toilet
Yeah, you're just teasing us here right? Creating a thread asking about mods for your G35, when it is parked next to your Bentley... More pics of the Bentley please .
Dont worry about my bently, I asked about my infinti, Its my project car, I want to do mods and stuff my self for fun...

Old 05-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by zoop425
Dont worry about my bently, I asked about my infinti, Its my project car, I want to do mods and stuff my self for fun...
are you always so stuck up? he only asked for pics.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by zoop425
you specifically posted your bentley in the first two pics alone so people can look at it and go "OMGZZ WTF U GOT A BENTLY???/". now your acting like a stuck up bitch when people give u the reaction u want.

BRAVO TROLL

Old 05-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
How did you get the lights to light up in the rear seat area? Do the 2nd gen sedans come with lights underneath the driver seats or did you add your own?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
hhhmm wonder which way this thread is going to go now. . . . .

Old 05-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Sorry I did not intend to start some huge deal.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by donpisto
How did you get the lights to light up in the rear seat area? Do the 2nd gen sedans come with lights underneath the driver seats or did you add your own?
Places like AutoZone sell lights like that, which would likely plug into the power outlet. I've had friends do it, hell I even had blue lights like that in my Mustang when I was younger. It's ricer-ish and looks completely out of place on a G35. Make them white if anything, and it would actually serve some purpose.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:51 PM
I did not meant sound stuck up or obnoxious, i just wanted some opinions on my g lol.. im really excited to start modding it

Old 05-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Thats G
Places like AutoZone sell lights like that, which would likely plug into the power outlet. I've had friends do it, hell I even had blue lights like that in my Mustang when I was younger. It's ricer-ish and looks completely out of place on a G35. Make them white if anything, and it would actually serve some purpose.
Yep, that's what I plan to do. All white. I'll probably wire them up so they come on and turn off the time as the ones on the bottom of the door.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by donpisto
Yep, that's what I plan to do. All white. I'll probably wire them up so they come on and turn off the time as the ones on the bottom of the door.
I have 4 light strips.. 1 under each front seat facing back and 1 under each side in the front.. I did it my self with computer lights (12v) and ordered them performance-pcs.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 mods