The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Be wary when ordering onlinetires...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never had problems ordering tires online either.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MyG'n'Me
Kind of hard for them to show up tomorrow when they were never shipped in the first place, re-read the first post.
I order quite a bit of stuff online and have had items say they didn't ship or the tracking information is messed up and they showed up with no problems.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
what "onlinetire" place is this you speak of?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Guys he is talking about the website onlinetires.com. Its a discount tire vendor like tirerack but usually has cheaper prices.

Also I would like to completely disagree with the OP. I just ordered my tires from them last week and received them today as promised via Fedex. No issues whatsoever, did not have to call them or anything. Will definitely order from them in the future.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
^
My post is about my buying experience, not yours. That's nice you received what you paid for, I didn't.

I ended up sending this place an email after calling them a few times and having them not answer the phone after more than 10 rings. I informed them not to try shipping the tires at such a late date as I would refuse the delivery, I already bought tires elsewhere. I also demanded a charge-back to the credit-card I used.

Despite this they shipped the tires without letting me know they had or even when the tires would arrive. I found this out yesterday when I punched in the FedEx tracking numbers I was sent June 4 when I paid for the tires. I wanted to print the page for evidence towards my ongoing PayPal claim I filed June 12, which the seller hasn't bothered to respond to yet.

FedEx tracking page pops up and I see the tires have been shipped and are almost at my receiving address. WTF? I phone FedEx to find out the scoop and tell them to cancel the shipment and to return to sender, I'm refusing delivery.

So be wary when buying from this place. It seems to be a role of the dice with these guys whether or not you get what you paid for. So this place rolled some of you people's number and shipped you whatever you bought. I don't care, my number wasn't rolled and when it was it was too late.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I understand your frustration and all, but I too was sharing MY experience. Didn't have a problem at all with them or their services.

But regardless, you ordered on the 4th and filed a Paypal claim on the 12th (8 days later). If I were you I would've waited at least 2 weeks before doing that. Not that you were wrong in expecting the vendor to ship the items that you paid for 8 days ago, I just feel that you might have jumped the gun a bit.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:14 PM
The sales rep guaranteed me the tires would be shipped on June 7 and get to my shipping address in the States on the 10th or 11th. I told him it was very important they did because I was going on a run in the mountains with my car club and the rears on my car were pretty much bald. He assured me again the tires would get to me. They didn't so I bought tires locally.

I checked the FedEx tracking #s on June 16 and the tires still weren't shipped. I sent an email the same day informing them of my PayPal claim that they had yet to reply to, reminded them I cancelled my order on June 12 and what I thought of their superior customer service.

Unbelievably these retards shipped the tires anyway without letting me know they had or when they would be delivered. I found this out on June 19 when I was going to print out the shipping history to send to PayPal. The page pops up..."WTF?". I phone FedEx to find out what's up and refuse delivery after I find out..."Send them back".

So no I don't think I jumped the gun in filing a PayPal claim. I should make a separate thread on the useless fvcks there, three times I've emailed asking for a toll-free customer service phone/fax # and each time I'm given a # that costs int'l long-distance rates to call. One CSR tried to instruct me, by email, how to print out a fax cover sheet by pushing the "add fax" link on the claim id page, there is no link to push on that or any other page. Another CSR told me they can't publish their toll free #s on the website then told me he couldn't tell me the # over the phone...

I'll never use PayPal again because of the absolute bs I'm going through to get my money back. If I can only use PayPal to pay for something from now on then I just won't buy it.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I wasn't aware of all that, but I think they are known for their terrible customer service. I think your experience pretty much confirms that fact that they are a very manual process heavy company where the sales and inventory department don't seem to communicate with each other or are communicating at a significant lag.

Agreed on Paypal money back/claims process. Its a PITA and takes forever. If you paid via your CC thru Paypal then you are better off going to your cc for a refund.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Unbelievably even though I cancelled the delivery with FedEx on June 16 and was given a cancellation confirmation # by FedEx, they delivered the tires anyway. I received an email from my receiver in Pt. Roberts they were delivered this afternoon.

I've never dealt with so many clusterfvucks at once in my life. I can see why people go postal, good thing I'm such a peaceful Canuck.

Not that peaceful...

Notice the sniper providing covering fire, that's another pissed off PayPal customer.

Last edited by Dr. Ephil; 06-25-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Update

After more hassle than it needed to be I received a refund in full, no thanks to PayPal.

I contacted my credit-card company and faxed them 17 pages of all my e-mails to the seller and PayPal, two days later the charge-back went through.

I would highly recommend, for anyone with a PayPal claim, to still file the claim with PayPal but resolve the claim via your credit-card company. PayPal customer service is the worst I have ever experienced, now I'm going to delete my Paypal account and never use PayPal again.

PAYPAL SUCKS!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Soo... what's the name of the company that screwed you over?

Old 06-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Screw paypal, go straight to the credit card company.

Anyways, I bought tires from Discount Tires Direct and I couldn't be more happier. I could of bought online but I wanted to see if I could get a discount. The rep gave a discount and I ordered a set of S.Drives. They include pre-paid duty fees in the order (which is much cheaper than Tire Rack!!!). Shipping is free to Canada!!! I received the tires in 3 days from order.

When I received them, one of the front tires was defective. The threads were uneven, a bad batch. They sent a new one right away at no cost.

Last edited by nogoodname; 06-28-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for performancetireplus and +1 for Vredestiens!

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I'm planning on buying some Vredesteins from performancetireplus online and have heard nothing but good things about them either. Sucks I can't get the tires locally or from one of the bigger companies.