The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Be wary when ordering onlinetires...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Be wary when ordering onlinetires...

...depending on the place whether the tires you paid for are shipped or not is a real possibility, some of these onlinetires.com places will take payment for tires you order and not ship them.

I paid for tires from one of these onlinetires.com places a week ago, June 4. I'm speaking on the phone with the sales rep at this onlinetires.com type of place as the PayPal transaction goes through. I reconfirm everything and tires are to arrive in Pt.Roberts,WA on June10,2010 by FedEx. I have a U.S. shipping address, I'm in Canada eh. Maybe that has something to do with it, these onlinetires.com places think us Canucks are all nice and polite and won't complain... they're very wrong.

The 10th comes and goes but I'm not worried, delays happen. I was tracking the shipment and the site said in progress so I count on delivery yesterday. I find out FedEx does it's deliveries around 4-5pm to Pt. Roberts. I phone the place where I'm getting the tires shipped to and there's nothing for me to pick up.

I phone FedEx and find out the only thing this onlinetires.com type of place did was generate electronic FedEx tracking #s so they could process the invoice and send it to me through PayPal. This onlinetires.com type of place did not follow up and phone FedEx for pick-up of the tires. I've already notified my Card company and filed a claim with PayPal to have the charges reversed from this onlinetires.com type of place.

Be wary when buying onlinetires from these onlinetires.com types of places, you might not get what you paid for. This is the first and last time I'll do any business with these onlinetires.com types of places. Know what I mean?

Last edited by Dr. Ephil; 06-12-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I order from a online tire place last month,called to see if they have the tires instock before I placed my order..took less than 1-week to get my tires and it was what I order..I'll order from them again it's cheaper than going to the local tire store.It just depends on where and who you order it from..

Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think there was another thread on this telling members to beware

Old 06-13-2010, 06:20 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
I bought mine from tirerack.com no problems at all.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Yea, you'll never have a problem with TireRack, I've had my new tires in less than 3 days. Like ordering anything without someone to talk to you'd best do some research on what you're ordering. Wear numbers s/b no less than 240 and not more than 300 for our cars. It's best to have a traction rating of AA. It's important to buy tires that not only wear but allow your G to stop in the shortest distance possible....my 2 cents!
Gary

Old 06-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
The only online tire/wheels guys I trust are tirerack and 1010 Tires (for the Canadians)

Old 06-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also have shopped with TireRack many times with zero problems. I get my tires in 2 days. I don't feel that the sales reps are very knowledgeable about the tires so I have to do my research myself.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I only order tires from tirerack.com and from discounttiredirect.com
You have to compare prices and selection between the two. discount tire direct gives the cost of each tire shipped so their prices seem higher than tire rack, until you factor in shipping for tire rack and then they are about the same. Both are great companies that have never let me down and the only ones I will trust.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:33 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I'm planning on buying some Vredesteins from performancetireplus online and have heard nothing but good things about them either. Sucks I can't get the tires locally or from one of the bigger companies.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discounttire.com is the best way to go. I ordered from them many times and used there actual store in NC. Best prices and they give full refunds on there tires.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
OP

I dont know if I would of filed a claim so fast

Ive had stuff be 2-3 days late even when fedex online tracking said it would be here on X date.

It might show up tomorrow

Old 06-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Really? I ordered a set of tires from them a few months ago and I went to go pick it up just fine. I recently recommended my friend who just bought his G to onlinetires, he got it in the same week he ordered it.

There communication sucks though keep that in mind.

I would only buy from them if you were local!! Just because you can go in there and raise hell to everyone and call the cops if they don't give you your **** lol.

Last edited by Choleaoum; 06-13-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
gl man, that sucks.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
OP, I dont know if I would of filed a claim so fast. Ive had stuff be 2-3 days late even when fedex online tracking said it would be here on X date.
It might show up tomorrow
Kind of hard for them to show up tomorrow when they were never shipped in the first place, re-read the first post.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:36 AM
I bought from these guys as they had the best price shipped, beat tirerack by $30 thanks to the Father's Day free shipping promo they had going on.

I tried phoning them yesterday but all that happened was the phone rang until I'd hang up after 10 or so rings.

Though I'm in Canada it's not a problem for me to drop in unannounced and raise hell. I'm a Trucker, I could easily get a load headed near them in Cali. It's only $326 and I'll get the charge-back to my card eventually so I'm not worried about that.

It's the ****-poor customer service, especially when I was talking with them on the phone when payment went through and I reconfirmed the shipping details with them. They assured me my tires were on the way then didn't ship them, I'll never do business with them again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Be wary when ordering onlinetires...