G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Car Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Car Covers

I need one haha.

Got into a long talk with my parents and convinced them that having one is a "necessity" so they'll willing to spend like maybe a little bit over $100 on a car cover.

Gary sent me a link maybe a couple weeks ago for some really nice car covers, but those were all $200+ and I can't do that..

But yeah any help is appreciated.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I gave you my very best advice on car covers. You might find a cheap one but it won't fit correctly and will fail in any kind of weather. Some times it's a good idea to buy quality to maintain the car you're covering. Good Luck with this one!
Gary

Old 07-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
I gave you my very best advice on car covers. You might find a cheap one but it won't fit correctly and will fail in any kind of weather. Some times it's a good idea to buy quality to maintain the car you're covering. Good Luck with this one!
Gary

Yeah I was thinking about that all today. Sort of stuck right now because when I brought it up again my parents gave me crap about it, but I'll look around a bit.

What was the site called again? My mom said that she'd cover $100

Last edited by prinny; 07-17-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Ehhh why bother? Too big of a hassle putting the cover on all the time. If you can't keep it in a garage just park in a good spot and keep your car well waxed.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Xet
Ehhh why bother? Too big of a hassle putting the cover on all the time. If you can't keep it in a garage just park in a good spot and keep your car well waxed.

Doesn't seem too bad though.. I mean i'd put it on when I get home after work or whatever overnight then whenever I have to leave or go somewhere during the day I'll take it off. Probably like a minute or two tops to put it on or take it off and stash it away in the trunk.

I just park in the driveway, but there's little or no shade and I do keep it well waxed, but still.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Why are your parents buying you a cover? Why do you feel a 7 year old car needs to be covered?

Unless you get one of the fitted $200+ covers, there Is no point. The looser covers flap around in the win and can damage the paint. The cheap covers are really good for inside a garage or a cheap car. The can also be a pita and you really need to make sure the car is always clean or the dot can rub into the paint....even with good covers.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
I just took Garys advice and purchased a CCC and still am awaiting delivery, cant wait!

Old 07-17-2010, 11:44 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^Smart man. You'll really like that cover, congrats on the purchase.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Why are your parents buying you a cover? Why do you feel a 7 year old car needs to be covered?

Unless you get one of the fitted $200+ covers, there Is no point. The looser covers flap around in the win and can damage the paint. The cheap covers are really good for inside a garage or a cheap car. The can also be a pita and you really need to make sure the car is always clean or the dot can rub into the paint....even with good covers.
Well said. +1

Old 07-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

I don't know to be honest lol. I talked about this in a semi similar thread and was thinking about that, but no one mentioned that^ until now.

The person that owned the car before me was this old lady that my parents knew and she had always had the car covered and garage kept. So the paint look and interior look really nice for how old it is and all. Don't feel like i'd be doing the car justice if I just leave it like how it is now.

Last edited by prinny; 07-17-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Why bother? because car covers save the paint & interior of your car. Once you get used to putting the cc on or off it takes about 30 seconds if you're organized. When my wife bought her first Vette I gave her a Noah cc and she still uses one when she parks at work. With my help and the cc her cars always look factory fresh.... but she's not a lazy azz! California Car Covers made with the Noah fabric will not scratch your painted surface. Of course you don't want to put one on if your G is muddy....logic.
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 07-17-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:11 PM
What about some of the premade ones that fit the descrption of my G. Like for example this one.

Amazon Amazon

Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
go to Costco

Old 07-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Why bother? because car covers save the paint & interior of your car. Once you get used to putting the cc on or off it takes about 30 seconds if you're organized. When my wife bought her first Vette I gave her a Noah cc and she still uses one when she parks at work. With my help and the cc her cars always look factory fresh.... but she's not a lazy azz! California Car Covers made with the Noah fabric will not scratch your painted surface. Of course you don't want to put one on if your G is muddy....logic.
Gary
Pain in the *** that's why, not to mention when it gets dirty you just keep throwing all the bird turd, pollen, dirt, etc right into your trunk along with it. A good sealant and a properly cared for and protected interior will do a good job of protecting and taking care of the car. He isn't getting a car cover to protect it from snow and hail(which it may not even help anyway) so it isn't like it is for extreme conditions unless by CA he means canada and not california.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Covercraft Noah is by far the best as far as I'm concerned. I have had 2 of them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Covers