The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Need Help FAST! Back wheels locked up and spun me out TWICE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mentioned no aftermerket parts but can you confirm this. The reason I ask is because improperly setup suspension parts can cause very weird handling. When I installed my swaybars I put them on the stiffest setting, thinking more is better, but this was not the case.

The car's handling became very unpredictable at the limit and the bar would also cause the VDC to act up unexpectedly. The stiff swaybar would lift a wheel off the ground when driving on uneven surfaces and this would cause the VDC to activate, I think because the wheel in the air would suddenly change speed in relation to the other wheels.

My point is that incorrect suspension settings can cause problems and I do know that a too stiff swaybar can cause snap oversteer. Have a look under your car and confirm what's going on underneath.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Must be VDC.... nothing stock mechanical should cause your wheels to lock up

Old 12-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Come on SEWB88 it's been 8 days since your last post. Time for an update! Has the problem been resolved or at least identified?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Same thing happened to my car yesterday. I was in second gear at 2.5k rpms turning left and suddenly my rear end slid out for half of a second. I heard a POP noise and then my low tire pressure light came on. I checked my tire pressure at home and it was at 30psi. Sounds wierd as hell.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm sorry, but am I the only one that thinks that this sounds like BS? Someone giving it too much gas, then slamming on the brakes and losing control, crashing, and now maybe wanting **** covered for them? I'm sure if he described the issue to the dealer they would not say "Oh it's the brakes, give us two grand, and be on your way." Too much liability on their part. Also, it's not a mechanical LSD, so you will not get a true lock on both wheels like described.

And now Shaq93 joins in November and tells us the same thing happened to him when he's only got 2 posts? And yet none of the members here have experienced this in all the time this car has been around? Yeah...

Old 12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Well, I don't have a reason to lie about what happened. Thats just like saying "I've been living in this neighborhood for years and no one has broken in my house yet. Now my neighbor who just moved in says that he has experienced a burgulary, yeah right." Things happen to different people, no need to get offended by another person's experience thatoneguy.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by shaq93
Same thing happened to my car yesterday. I was in second gear at 2.5k rpms turning left and suddenly my rear end slid out for half of a second. I heard a POP noise and then my low tire pressure light came on. I checked my tire pressure at home and it was at 30psi. Sounds wierd as hell.
Maybe you hit something, which made the pressure shoot up, triggering the sensor and making your rear end step out.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Im thinking that it may have been black ice because it was really cold but I'm not sure.