G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

My car is slippin @ 45mph WTF????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is slippin @ 45mph WTF????

04 G35 coupe
Brand new tires in the back (even though they're Hancooks haha)
Thread on the front tires are about 60% percent with the inner lining thread at about 15% (pretty much kinda bald towards the inside)

On many occasions I have taken an on ramp exit at about 40 - 45mph and my rear diffs start slippin' when I know I can take that turn at like 70mph.

The slip feels like its happening in the front, but I'm not sure. I am pretty sure the front tires that are kinda bald on the inside but perfectly fine in the center and outsides have something to do w/ it.

Any ideas?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
uh.. Inside are bald and your wondering whats happening?

Your tire is sitting on an angle on the bald spot. Your missing a chunk of tread then.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:32 PM
I figured that much, but there was this one time where i took that off ramp at like 35mph and it still slipped..35mph?? Really? On a hot dry sunny day that car should not be slippin at 35mph off an off ramp even w/ bald tires.

However.. I'm sure it is the bald inner thread and the angle it's at, I just want to make sure it's not anything else.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
Is your alignment off? Mainly the toe?

Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
How do you know you can take the ramp at 70mph? Have you done it before in the same conditions? As long as you have rubber on tires, it should corner ok, especially when running lots of camber, which is what makes the insides of tires wear out faster.

There's no speed that a car "should" corner at, because the road conditions, temperature, and such are always different. Just keep pushing until you start to lose grip and compensate, that's the max speed given the conditions.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Do you have VDC disengaged?

If not it slips even going above 40 trying to go around corners. Take off the control and have some fun!

Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
The VDC is on, thats how I know it's slippin because that slip signal starts blinking and the car starts to stutter.

It's not a corner, it's a long curved off ramp that a Honda Civic should be able to take at 50mph easy.

I'm going to start with getting new front tires, if that doesn't work I'm going to get it aligned and if that doesn't work, I'll be reporting back here in a couple weeks.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ive had this problem before...G;s are known to slip around a LOT....the front tires mainly wear faster than the rears and its always HORRIBLE performance in the rain. if your car is lowered than there is more likely to have problems. your toe and or camber is out of alignment and your front tires seem to be done for. go get new fronts and a good alignment and save yourself from an accident.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback Adam.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Received 172 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by adamls2
ive had this problem before...G;s are known to slip around a LOT....the front tires mainly wear faster than the rears and its always HORRIBLE performance in the rain. if your car is lowered than there is more likely to have problems. your toe and or camber is out of alignment and your front tires seem to be done for. go get new fronts and a good alignment and save yourself from an accident.
dude it was like night and day after i put on coilovers on how crappy it was to drive in the rain. SPC front and rear camber kit with an alignment should help though!! Plus new rubber as well.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Do you have different size tires in the front and back?

Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Received 106 Likes on 66 Posts
this happened to me once doing around 35 mph around a corner with brand new tires same size all around and my car is not lowered.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I had a similar experience and upon investigation discovered one side of the front sway had disconnected. It was not stock so it was my own fault for not making it tight enough but a loose sway makes it real slippy.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. This is a real safety issue, so I really appreciate it. As i mentioned before, it wasn't a 90 degree right turn corner. It is a pretty long curved off-ramp that a Honda Civic should be able to take at 50mph easy.

My car's suspension is completely stock, although it hasn't been aligned for a couple years. My front tire sizes (9.5) are very different from the back (10.5) but I don't see why that matters because it has never slipped before, why now..

Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM
I haven't experienced a problem with slipping at a curved long ramp, even at 50mph. And I dont think your front tires are slipping cuz it's RWD. And you stated that you got new rear tires and you did not have any slipping issues before. So my guess would be when you change the rear tires, there was something wrong. No one cares if the tires are hankook, toyo, yokohama or something else. They are all new tires. Or maybe the differential bushings are bad cause wheelhop. Well, I would check that too. Many members here had a problem with differential bushings and they have pics. Check out their pics to see if your car is the same?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car is slippin @ 45mph WTF????