The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

My letter to Kearny Mesa Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by erklep
id save that for after he responds. Dont want to jump in with a threat like that. It automatically sends any business into defense mode. Wait to hear what he says back frst. Mabye he will be willing to work something out
+1 !

Old 03-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Any, well most dealer service departments are no better than crooked independent shops looking to hose the customer.

Glad you called them out OP.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
In my experience, the dealer will not respond to your letter. They'll likely just shred it or ignore it but in any case, I'd be surprised if you hear back......

Old 03-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
get my car serviced there, lets hit up santouka in mitsuwa mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Nice letter....=oD

My guess is you'll never get a response from this dealership. This is exactly why most of us consider Infiniti service departments the enemy because their work sucks and they rape their customers on the cost....along with being dishonest! When I take my coupe in for recalls the service manager asks me, "Why don't you bring it here for service?" I told him the first time so he quit asking. Now he just compliments me on my coupe and shakes my hand. I always check my hand to make sure I have all my fingers....
Gary

Old 03-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Nice, I have had nothing but awful experiences with the Infiniti dealership..

Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by O HELLA JDM
yup km sucks dude... this is the one off convoy in san diego right
Yup, that's the one.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
OK, a lot of dealerships are shady, but I guess I fail to see how this is really the dealerships fault.

1) You messed around with the glove box assembly and managed to jack up the air bag system while replacing the cabin filter. It's beyond me as to why you disconnected these plugs to get to the cabin filter, much less why you'd turn on the ignition while doing this. You were actually the one to have created the problem. Obviously there are airbag wires in the passenger side dash because there's an airbag there. They probably didn't understand your statement because there's no need to disconnect the harnesses in order to get to the filter. Techs follow the FSM and the FSM doesn't call out disconnecting plugs to get to the filter.

Since you told them you messed around behind the dash and they couldn't get the light to clear, they figured you probably fried the airbag control module. They can hook up the car to the Consult computer and read most any system on the car. The FSM specifically calls out how to troubleshoot the unit and it probably doesn't note how to address a system failure when someone disconnects air bag harnesses and turns on the ignition. Every electrical repair task on the car starts with "disconnect the negative terminal on the battery". This aleviates the exact issue you caused. Should they have done a hard reset? Probably, but since they have the Consult unit, they rarely reset the system the hard way (ie disconnecting the battery).

2) The compression rods aren't their problem. They didn't design the car. You're complaint should be with Nissan, not the dealership. Your car is also well out of warranty. Compression rods are a problem in many Gs and in others, not a problem. Yes, the compression rods in my 03 can be noisy on occasion, but they still work and the noise comes and goes randomly. Your 04 was sold in 2003 which makes the car 8 years old. Things don't last forever.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by dukehotty
I do not agree. I purchased a used car from Hollywood Motors. Long story short.. car was never smogged.. I had to do it.. it failed.. paid to have it pass and they were supposed to cover it and kept telling me they sent the check... Contacted BBB and had a check within two weeks from first email to BBB.
I'm glad you had a good experience with them as I wish I had. It just didn't impress me the way my case was handled.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
OK, a lot of dealerships are shady, but I guess I fail to see how this is really the dealerships fault.
You messed around with the glove box assembly and managed to jack up the air bag system while replacing the cabin filter.
This is true....^....but don't you think knowing the cabin filter had been replaced and those wires disconnected a good mechanic might look at the possibility that's where the issue is? I have a mechanic at our Nissan dealership named Chris that I can guarantee would look until he found the problem especially knowing that area had been recently worked on....that's a red flag! He's so good at his job he almost doesn't touch the ground when he walks.... And the only individual that I let near my coupe!
Gary

Old 03-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
interested in their response.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i would have taken out the last paragraph, thats just ridiculous if you wont buy a car because the service dept treated you badly once.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
This is true....^....but don't you think knowing the cabin filter had been replaced and those wires disconnected a good mechanic might look at the possibility that's where the issue is? I have a mechanic at our Nissan dealership named Chris that I can guarantee would look until he found the problem especially knowing that area had been recently worked on....that's a red flag! He's so good at his job he almost doesn't touch the ground when he walks.... And the only individual that I let near my coupe!
Gary
Can I come near slick?

Old 03-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Whoa dave, whose side are you on here? Do you work for Infiniti or something?

1) You messed around with the glove box assembly and managed to jack up the air bag system while replacing the cabin filter. It's beyond me as to why you disconnected these plugs to get to the cabin filter, much less why you'd turn on the ignition while doing this. You were actually the one to have created the problem. Obviously there are airbag wires in the passenger side dash because there's an airbag there. They probably didn't understand your statement because there's no need to disconnect the harnesses in order to get to the filter. Techs follow the FSM and the FSM doesn't call out disconnecting plugs to get to the filter.
Yes, I was the one that acknowledged when I went there that I may have caused the problem, hence the reason I brought it up to him. Whether or not I needed to unplug it is a moot point. Fact is I did, and I told them this. I turned the ignition on (not really thinking about it) because it was getting dark and I needed the map lights to see. Yes, obviously there is an airbag wire behind the glove box, so why did he tell me there wasn't? And he told me they would reset everything, but then didn't. Instead they just told me I needed a $770 repair.

Since you told them you messed around behind the dash and they couldn't get the light to clear, they figured you probably fried the airbag control module.
How could they not get the light to clear when I was able to in 30 seconds???

2) The compression rods aren't their problem. They didn't design the car. You're complaint should be with Nissan, not the dealership. Your car is also well out of warranty. Compression rods are a problem in many Gs and in others, not a problem. Yes, the compression rods in my 03 can be noisy on occasion, but they still work and the noise comes and goes randomly. Your 04 was sold in 2003 which makes the car 8 years old. Things don't last forever.
I think if you sell a product, you should stand behind it, regardless if you are not making it yourself. I understand that parts wear, but when a part wears that fast on so many vehicles, there is clearly a problem with the manufacturing of that part. Yes, I know my car is past the warranty, but it still pisses me off.
And actually my '04 was MADE in April 2004. (not that it makes much difference)

Old 03-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by 06g35meister
i would have taken out the last paragraph, thats just ridiculous if you wont buy a car because the service dept treated you badly once.
Ha, yea I agree. I actually have no intention of trading in my car anytime soon, and if I did, a new Infiniti is probably still at the top of my list.
I just put that part in there mostly in hopes of making them feel like they are losing business because of their shady tactics. Even if I bought a car from some other dealership (BMW, Mercedes, etc) they probably all do the same thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My letter to Kearny Mesa Infiniti