G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

My letter to Kearny Mesa Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by BigOgre
Can I come near slick?
Sure....as long as you look and don't touch, another thing no drinks/food inside any of my rides ever! (haha ask my kids) Hey, you gotta have rules for self preservation and the welfare of what you drive....right?
Gary

Old 03-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Kinda reminds me.. I was looking through the service records for me car maybe a month ago or so. I bought my car off an old lady that stopped driving it because she got a new Prius, but anywayss..

she had ALL the service records all filed away nicely and everything so while I was looking through them.. I saw the 70k or 75k mile service.

Looks like she got the rotors and pads replaced.. along with the usual.. like oil change.. other fluids.. Was like okay doesn't sound like too much..

I look down at the price.. HOLY ****!! $1189.34.............

EDIT: I guess the CD player wasn't working so she had the dealership replace it for $520..

I look over a few of the other records for like those basic 10-15k services or so and each time she always went to the dealership and always ended up paying at least a few or couple hundred. She was also charged around $900 for 4 new tires another time I think.

Just kinda ridiculous.. she said before that she didn't want to drive it anymore because it was too expensive to maintain.. I can see why it was now lol..

But anyways yeah.. Riverside Infiniti isn't that bad.. I went there to get my airbag light recall thing done.. it took awhile, but at the end they did their inspection and told me what else I would need. They mentioned the compression rod bushings and the third brake light and yeah it was like several hundred $$$ for all of it, but they didn't push me to get it done and I sort of just left. Good experiences with that dealership. Sad that it's a bit far from where I am though .

Old 03-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by erklep
"not understand why the cost of fixing my compression rod bushings would not be covered by Infiniti. I know that Infiniti has changed the design of the bushing because the old design caused a tear in every vehicle's compression rod bushings. If a part is that week and constantly fails, why is there not a recall on the part? I am aware that the newer models do not even use the compression rod anymore because this was such a week link"

should be "weak"

other than that, looks good. and sorry to hear they tried to rip you off
Don't forget "brake" instead of "break"

Without sounding rude, credibility is lost when there are punctuation or spelling errors. Whether that's fair or not, I'm not sure.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Buju On Friday
However, after the deciet of the service department and the lack of ownership for poor parts, I am not sure that I will ever buy another Infiniti again.
"I before E except after C" .... just sayin..

haha, anyhow, yeah dealerships are so freakin shady. if anything, they'll probably give you a $100 credit for a service they upcharge $250 for..

Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WHOOO Riverside Infiniti! Free loaners, great service, awesome coverage, great people! My only gripe is that they aren't in Los Angeles

Old 03-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I've been at that dealership before and will never go back. I negotiated an 07 coupe, it was pretty late, so we wrote down the numbers and I put down a couple of hundred dollars as a deposit so they wouldn't sell the car to someone else (it was the last one with the options that I wanted).

I come back the next day and they jacked up the interest rate and lowered the price of my trade in. I showed them what was agreed on the previous night and they said that they couldn't do it and that the manager did not OK the deal.

It took me one month to get my cash deposit back from them, it wasn't until I contacted the BBS that I got my deposit back.

What a waste of time, this dealership is horrible!!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, obviously there is an airbag wire behind the glove box, so why did he tell me there wasn't?
having worked at a dealership as a tech for the last 6 years, i can tell you that the service writers are not the sharpest tools in the shed. they receive minimal training on the product. you shouldnt expect much from your service writer unless he was previously a technician or has been there for 10+ years and knows the products. now if the tech told you the wire didnt run behind the glovebox, thats a diff story.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim@Grubbs
Don't forget "brake" instead of "break"

Without sounding rude, credibility is lost when there are punctuation or spelling errors. Whether that's fair or not, I'm not sure.

It stands out like a sore thumb. Especially when it's something simple like that.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:47 PM
The Response

Here is the response I got...

Good morning Jonathan,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. First of all I want to apologize to you, it was never my intent to purposely deceive you. Unfortunately I made an assumption regarding the recall with respect resetting the light. I assumed when finishing the procedure, that the technician was suppose to clear all air bag codes when in fact the bulletin states to specifically clear only codes stored related to the “side” air bags built into the seatbacks. Due to that assumption, when he gave me the print out with the passenger side air module code on it, I concluded that it was a hard code (unable to erase without replacing defective component) and gave you recommendation to replace it. I do want to clear up one thing, I never told you that air bag wires were not located behind the glove box. What I stated was that you do not have to disconnect any air bag wires to replace the in-cabin hepa filter which is correct. The only wires that get unplugged are for the glove box light and the valet switch for the trunk. Regarding the compression rod bushings, Infiniti considers it wear and tear and is only covered by the basic warranty of four years or 60k miles whichever comes first. With that, all I can do is tell you about it and let you make whatever decision you like regarding it. I do want you to know that I’m sorry about the air bag recommendation, I never purposely intended to mislead you regarding the air bag recommendation.

Thank you for your time,

Ernie

That is complete BS that he never told me no wires were behind the glove box. I said "is it possible I disconnected an airbag when I changed my in cabin air filter?" He said, "No. I believe there are only 2 wires back there. The light and the trunk switch."

Old 03-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
This is true....^....but don't you think knowing the cabin filter had been replaced and those wires disconnected a good mechanic might look at the possibility that's where the issue is? I have a mechanic at our Nissan dealership named Chris that I can guarantee would look until he found the problem especially knowing that area had been recently worked on....that's a red flag! He's so good at his job he almost doesn't touch the ground when he walks.... And the only individual that I let near my coupe!
Gary
This is the problem I have with auto techs there days. Either they don't teach them in school how to troubleshoot or the manufactuers tell them they must follow the FSM procedure. I don't know the real answer. What I do know is that most techs are simply parts replacers these days. More often than not, they can fix the problem quickly, but often at great expense to the customer because the techs often replace systems as a whole rather than one specific part within that system.

When my friends have problems with their cars and they ask for my assistance, the first question I ask is "did you mess around with anything recently?" I'd say 70% of the time it's a self-inflicted problem and I can usually fix it without replacing a part.

My friend's also call me after a shop gives them a laundry list of repairs. We go through the list and I'll tell them what's BS and what's probably legit. If I have a question about it and it's an expensive ($300+) recommended repair , they bring the car to me and I look at it to confirm. I've saved my friends and family thousands in unneeded repairs over the years. I'd say maybe 10% of the shops I know of in KC, I actually trust.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Whoa dave, whose side are you on here? Do you work for Infiniti or something?
No I don't work for Nissan.

I think if you sell a product, you should stand behind it, regardless if you are not making it yourself. I understand that parts wear, but when a part wears that fast on so many vehicles, there is clearly a problem with the manufacturing of that part. Yes, I know my car is past the warranty, but it still pisses me off.
I don't think you know how a shop operates. The dealership gets reimbursed for warranty repairs. If they replace a part that's out of warranty, it's on their dime, not Nissan's. If you've got a problem with the build quality of the car, then you need to take it up with Nissan.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
My dealership said i have no vibration issues..yet when i drive on the highway it can be felt in wheel and seats. Passenger seat is much worse than drivers seat thank god

They also said that nothing is wrong with my trans as they could not duplicate the issues, except when i was riding along with the tech he said he could feel it...HATE F'in dealers...

Old 03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
kearny mesa infiniti was good to me (car is under warranty),

under warranty they replaced:

my front brake pads
resurfaced rotors
steering wheel
door pulls
whole sunroof assembly
fixed shifter **** because it was loose
replaced some aluminum trim pieces that had scratches (they made a couple)
replaced driver side speaker that was buzzing
weather stripping on all doors
rear quarter panel trim due to wind noise

currently trying to replicate the RPM drop on idle so they can do something about that

no complaints from me

Old 03-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by samsizzle
kearny mesa infiniti was good to me (car is under warranty),

under warranty they replaced:

my front brake pads
resurfaced rotors
steering wheel
door pulls
whole sunroof assembly
fixed shifter **** because it was loose
replaced some aluminum trim pieces that had scratches (they made a couple)
replaced driver side speaker that was buzzing
weather stripping on all doors
rear quarter panel trim due to wind noise

currently trying to replicate the RPM drop on idle so they can do something about that

no complaints from me
Let us know how it goes when your warranty runs out!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Let us know how it goes when your warranty runs out!
hopefully have a new car before it runs out in 2014

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My letter to Kearny Mesa Infiniti