The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Is there a purpose?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by prinny
For that retarded plastic tray under the car?
Or can I just take it off and leave it off? Not sure if I have a choice right now because it's like breaking loose and it's kind of hanging there...
Just wondering because I might have to get another one if it's actually needed for something, but I can't see what besides being a pain in the ***.
There is a purpose for every thing Nissan adds to our G35s! It's design is to keep the road crud from blowing up on top your engine. If you don't care what you engine compartment looks like you could take it off, but then who's retarded? My best advice to you is to buy a few matching bolts from HD and secure it!
Gary

Old 04-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
There is a purpose for every thing Nissan adds to our G35s! It's design is to keep the road crud from blowing up on top your engine. If you don't care what you engine compartment looks like you could take it off, but then who's retarded? My best advice to you is to buy a few matching bolts from HD and secure it!
Gary

Damn hmm.. I need to keep my engine bay looking nice lol. New bolts won't do it and I need to buy a new one because the current one is literally tearing off. Like the holes where the bolts are supposed to go to secure the plastic tray on are gone. The tray is suppose to be secured by several bolts.. forgot how many, but at the momment there's only like 4 on the front that are holding onto it. I'm afraid that if I go on the freeway again then the wind might just rip it right off.

I'll probably just order an aluminum one from TWB within the next few days. Thanks for your input though as always!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you buy factory replacement bolts from Infiniti? When I bought the car there were a bunch where the heads had been snapped off.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Keep it on. Helps for cooling/debris.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by prinny
I'll probably just order an aluminum one from TWB within the next few days. Thanks for your input though as always!
Good They have the one easily removable panel for filter changes.
Originally Posted by Toilet
Can you buy factory replacement bolts from Infiniti? When I bought the car there were a bunch where the heads had been snapped off.
Good Luck with finding any kind of bolt at the stealership, mine doesn't even carry the plastic push holders....I buy everything I need from my Nissan dealership.
Gary

Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So happy to find this thread! Mine was ripped off when I hit a armadillo on I-75 (along with a fender well, side marker, and ruined my new bumper paint ). I've replaced everything else but this but wanted something more sturdy than the OEM plastic stuff.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can. I bought some replacement plastic clips for my fender liners from them but it is definitely more expensive at the dealer. Look at the online Infiniti sites, they are usually a bit cheaper

Old 04-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I'm dropped 3" and am on my second Z Speed undercover. I ran over a piece of tire that destroyed the first one and I hate to think what damage that piece would have caused if I had no UC or still had the flimsy stock one. Here's a pic of the first one:

Here's what it looked like new:

Yeah I think they have a purpose.
cant wait till i get mine!

Old 04-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts
Zspeedperformance here...

Old 04-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Tollboothwilley has a hardware kit for his shroud for $10. Of course, you'll have to get the old snapped off ones out somehow.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Glad I posted this lol or I would of probably just left it off. Ordering one from TBW within the next few days.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Holler if you have any trouble catching up with him. Can PM you his phone number.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Mudgen
Holler if you have any trouble catching up with him. Can PM you his phone number.

Thanks . Got a PM back from him pretty fast, but I gotta wait a bit before I place an order.