The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

VDC saved my life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2011 | 11:21 AM
sooooooooo many strong opinioned haters on here. I personally leave it off when cruising around the city I live in. (have it on when commuting/going somewhere not familiar with, or in the rain most of the time) but I agree with points from both sides of this debate. Yes, if your VDC kicks on every time you drive, you're doing something wrong. But also, it's possible to know the limitations of your car and drive safely with it off. It all comes down to the person, it boils down to how well you know your car, how you drive, the conditions you drive, your skill as a driver, etc. No person can come on here and tell another that you NEED to leave VDC on because of this this and that, or that you're an idiot for leaving it on cause of such and such. It's something that comes down to preference, And I for one don't want to be crossing traffic and tromping it cause I know I can make it before this car comes and all of a sudden BLEH, power cuts. Never happened to me but that's the first thing i thought of when VDC kicked on for me rushing home and hitting it from a stop sign making a right turn at a 4 way, so it's just me, but for cruisin around town, hittin the circuit, etc, it's off. I think the problem with a lot of people on this forum is differentiating between OPINION and FACT.

Old 07-30-2011 | 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Codey
No person can come on here and tell another that you NEED to leave VDC on because of this this and that, or that you're an idiot for leaving it on cause of such and such.
I appreciate the sentiment, but obviously people can and do say such things, except that I don't think anyone on the "turn it off" side of the argument has broadcast aspersions of idiocy or psychopathy at the the "leave it on" side.

Old 07-30-2011 | 11:38 AM
ok what I meant to say is no one should or has the right to.

Old 07-30-2011 | 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Codey
ok what I meant to say is no one should or has the right to.
Good speech BTW. True, everyone has different driving habits and their own experiences. Not everyone drives like a grandma and not everyone is a street-racer so many of the replies a thread like this attracts are invalid. But there's always the idiots who think they know everything and that they are never wrong, those who talk **** and are quick to turn E-thugs if somebody disagrees with them.....

The endless debate about VDC always has the same results. If your comfortable with your car to the point where you don't need it then its fine to turn the damn thing off.
If your not comfortable with the car then leave it on until you know WTF your car is doing/going to do. IMO its as simple as that.