The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:31 AM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Mignav01
everyone's okay. got a really messed up back though. definitely going to get another G once everything is settled
as someone that settled way too early from a significant rear end collision and is now walking around with a T8 burst fracture for the last 25 yrs.. trust me, get a lawyer and don't settle too early on the injury. back issues can take years to fully manifest, and will affect other areas of the body thru spinal nerve compression etc... get second and even third opinions. all dr's are not created equal, and I know that first hand for several reasons..working side by side in surgery with them being the main one. my personal experiences "shopping around" being the other.

what happened to your back?

sorry to hear about the G also, you were just getting started.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:12 AM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by EPiK
as someone that settled way too early from a significant rear end collision and is now walking around with a T8 burst fracture for the last 25 yrs.. trust me, get a lawyer and don't settle too early on the injury. back issues can take years to fully manifest, and will affect other areas of the body thru spinal nerve compression etc... get second and even third opinions. all dr's are not created equal, and I know that first hand for several reasons..working side by side in surgery with them being the main one. my personal experiences "shopping around" being the other.

what happened to your back?

sorry to hear about the G also, you were just getting started.
I'm definitely not settling early. I don't want to have crazy back pain ten years from now just because I was impatient.

The chiropractor said my back is super tense and was thrown out of line a bit from the impact, so it'll be awhile til it's all healed.

what's you're advice on getting a lawyer? we debated suing for pain/suffering. since she screwed me over due to texting and driving. but this is my first wreck and I'm still a teen, and don't know how everything works quite yet.

yeah, I'm definitely sad about my G, she was my baby, and first car that I saved up for and bought myself only a few months ago, but cars can be replaced. people can't

Old 04-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
I'm definitely not settling early. I don't want to have crazy back pain ten years from now just because I was impatient.

The chiropractor said my back is super tense and was thrown out of line a bit from the impact, so it'll be awhile til it's all healed.

what's you're advice on getting a lawyer? we debated suing for pain/suffering. since she screwed me over due to texting and driving. but this is my first wreck and I'm still a teen, and don't know how everything works quite yet.

yeah, I'm definitely sad about my G, she was my baby, and first car that I saved up for and bought myself only a few months ago, but cars can be replaced. people can't

I work in a physical therapy office be carefully with chiropractors. Find an Injury lawyer who deals with this so they can set you up with a doctor , they will most likely do an xray first which won't show much but it's cheaper then an MRI

Start physical therapy to see if that helps and what the lawyer advises you. Chiropractors tend to milk claims and really don't help your case.

It's going to be a difficult case because most settlements require some kind of surgery but regardless talk to a lawyer

Old 04-20-2016, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Albanian122
I work in a physical therapy office be carefully with chiropractors. Find an Injury lawyer who deals with this so they can set you up with a doctor , they will most likely do an xray first which won't show much but it's cheaper then an MRI

Start physical therapy to see if that helps and what the lawyer advises you. Chiropractors tend to milk claims and really don't help your case.

It's going to be a difficult case because most settlements require some kind of surgery but regardless talk to a lawyer
talking to a lawyer is probably my next step. and I'm not super worried about my chiropractor milking it as he's a close family friend of mine. he's already mentioned physical therapy if I'm not feeling better after my next visit

Old 04-20-2016, 04:52 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
hood!

What did you do to the G today?-ijii6yy.jpg

Old 04-20-2016, 09:27 PM
first problem.. and I did exactly the same thing. you should have taken the ambulance ride to the hospital.. you would have already had a CT scan/xray. Contact a dr AND lawyer right away and get that done. I love my chiropractor, but that would NOT be my first stop after a rear end collision. Were you stopped when she hit you? even worse on your body..

do yourself a favor and don't delay getting really checked out. I'm in the ED here at the hospital all the time and often see the pt from the time they come in the door, until we run thru CT and then if necessary into surgery. most small vertebral cracks aren't FELT for yrs down the road, but an xray reveals the damage immediately.

stay healthy bud. I was 17 when I got hit hard.. never went to the hospital..didn't want to ride in the ambulance.. I was hard headed and wish my family would have stepped in..now 25 yrs later and surgery is looming. holding off as long as I can.

good luck

Old 04-20-2016, 09:38 PM

first problem.. and I did exactly the same thing. you should have taken the ambulance ride to the hospital.. you would have already had a CT scan/xray. Contact a dr AND lawyer right away and get that done. I love my chiropractor, but that would NOT be my first stop after a rear end collision. Were you stopped when she hit you? even worse on your body..

do yourself a favor and don't delay getting really checked out. I'm in the ED here at the hospital all the time and often see the pt from the time they come in the door, until we run thru CT and then if necessary into surgery. most small vertebral cracks aren't FELT for yrs down the road, but an xray reveals the damage immediately.

stay healthy bud. I was 17 when I got hit hard.. never went to the hospital..didn't want to ride in the ambulance.. I was hard headed and wish my family would have stepped in..now 25 yrs later and surgery is looming. holding off as long as I can.

good luck
I know I probably should be taken a ride to the hospital. hindsight is 20/20, and I can feel something wrong in my back.

yeah I was stopped letting some kids cross the street at the crosswalk, she admitted to being 15 over and hitting me, so going 45 in a super duty f350.

The big reason I didn't take take a ride in an ambulance is because the cops basically said if I was able to walk I didn't need it, probably trying to not waste ambulance time, but who knows. I just want a car again and to feel the same. lol

Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
^^just remember, you gotta live with your body for 75, 85 or maybe 95 years...a car aint sh*t compared to your health. Schedule the proper scans and make low monthly payments on them.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zerafian
^^just remember, you gotta live with your body for 75, 85 or maybe 95 years...a car aint sh*t compared to your health. Schedule the proper scans and make low monthly payments on them.
yeah I know. And i don't pay for anything since she hit me. All covered by her insurance

Old 04-21-2016, 02:00 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident. Damn, that really sucks. But cars can be replaced, people can't. Good to hear you are ok.

As far as a lawyer, just call around your area and talk to different law firms about your accident. If you have a police report with all the info on the accident, that is a good start. If you were not at fault and the other driver was found at fault, you should not have to pay a penny.

Good luck with the case and hope you get a nicer/newer G out of this.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:12 AM
, she admitted to being 15 over and hitting me, so going 45 in a super duty f350.

The big reason I didn't take take a ride in an ambulance is because the cops basically said if I was able to walk I didn't need it, probably trying to not waste ambulance time, but who knows

I got the same line..i should have asked how long he went to med school.... but I was only hit by a ford tempo doing 45. I was sitting still at the light, last in a line of 7 cars. the impact went all the way up thru my 85 civic hatchback to the first car in line. I could walk, and I was young so I was invincible right.. lol.. then the numbness started weeks later.

do yourself a favor. go to the ER, tell them you were involved in a rear end collision recently and have back pain. you will get all the necessary scans. at least rule it out. might just be pulled muscles, might not.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:58 AM

I got the same line..i should have asked how long he went to med school.... but I was only hit by a ford tempo doing 45. I was sitting still at the light, last in a line of 7 cars. the impact went all the way up thru my 85 civic hatchback to the first car in line. I could walk, and I was young so I was invincible right.. lol.. then the numbness started weeks later.

do yourself a favor. go to the ER, tell them you were involved in a rear end collision recently and have back pain. you will get all the necessary scans. at least rule it out. might just be pulled muscles, might not.
haha I can relate to feeling invincible, it's both a good and bad thing that comes with the territory I suppose. will go in for some scans on Friday, just in case

Old 04-21-2016, 03:13 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Ok now, if you guys want to have a two page damn conversation exchange numbers and text each other.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:32 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Switched to 10w 30 amsoil OEM grade synthetic and OEM Nissan filter sunday. Let it sit 3 days and it knocks on startup.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts
Been doin some ish. Had to replace the radiator support which was a b!tch and a half.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo247.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?