The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G coupe smoking pretty bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Received 318 Likes on 221 Posts
yeah i was going to say something about your case Ken but i knew you would find this eventually, our cases were pretty rare but however similar beginnings to the problems

Old 05-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Yeah, but at least you were able to get a new motor out of it

I'm actually pretty happy with my results. I am feeling confident enough to finish modding it. I have just tuned it and also ordered HFC.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Received 318 Likes on 221 Posts
hah i was lucky..... really lucky to get a new motor when i have a 07 5AT

but i think i would have ended up doing what you did and been really pissed about having a 40K car with OC, i still use synthetic but im using Valvoline and not Mobile 1 its running great and no OC

Old 05-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PAIXAO
I'm going to chime in here since I'm one of the other "cases"

I put TP on my car just before she turned 100k miles. Car was meticulously maintained, always synthetic oil with less than factory recommended change intervals. I have a pre 05 DE engine. Installed on the car were : Stillen Cat Back, Motordyne 5/16 spacer, then ART Pipes.

500 miles in she started smoking pretty badly and had already consumed 1qt. Was scheduled for a tune, but cancelled it, changed the oil, spark plugs, put OEM cats back on. The oil I removed from the car wreaked of gasoline. After all that it sill consumed oil like mad.

Long story short, I've been using conventional motor oil since then and the problem is slowly solving itself. Everything can be found here ---> https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ate+road+*****

Not saying that this is the cure all, but it's worth a shot.

hmm really interesting man...havent taken my TP's off but i did change spark plugs and oil...still consuming but im about to change it again and imma just go conventional...and mine too is fixing itself (fingers crossed)

Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Just to add its REALLY important to torque down the spark plugs. If you dont have a torque wrench then tightening them until its hard to turn works too. Theres a washer that spaces it out.

BUT when I was doing my spark plugs I didnt have a torque wrench so I was nervous to tighten them too hard.

When I started it up the car started to blow out smoke and had a nasty smell. It wouldnt go away so I knew exactly what it was. Took out the plugs, put them back and in tightened all of them HARD this time, started her up, and everything was fine.

The plugs were probably not deep enough down in the chamber to burn everything.

just a tip!

Old 05-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by supreme1911
Just to add its REALLY important to torque down the spark plugs. If you dont have a torque wrench then tightening them until its hard to turn works too. Theres a washer that spaces it out.

BUT when I was doing my spark plugs I didnt have a torque wrench so I was nervous to tighten them too hard.

When I started it up the car started to blow out smoke and had a nasty smell. It wouldnt go away so I knew exactly what it was. Took out the plugs, put them back and in tightened all of them HARD this time, started her up, and everything was fine.

The plugs were probably not deep enough down in the chamber to burn everything.

just a tip!

ya i had the same problem with the smoking after changing the plugs...but the reason for that was the fact that oil went down into the chamber cuz i think the valvecover gasket was not that great (friends and cousins had the same problem) so spark plugs came out oil went in....but i tightened the plugs not worried about that haha smoked for a good 10 mins then once oil was burned smoke went away.