The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Should I get a G35 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So true on the windows thing. Thought it was just me when my auto roll up didnt work once. Thought it was due to how fast i was going...

Also the steering rack leak. So lame!!!

Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
I believe this was mentioned before but every used car's going to have its share of problems; some of them may be major while some of them may be minor. As suggested a few posts before me there's that "What do you hate about your G35" thread that will be useful so that you know of some of the problems that some of the other members are having. So far all I've had happen in my '06 coupe is an auto-up power window switch that has acted up once or twice in the two years that I've owned it but sort of fixes itself. And recently the passenger side seat got stuck while it was reclined -- I remedied that by spraying WD-40 on the switch and letting it sit overnight.

I'm not going to say you shouldn't be worried about some of the car's flaws but at the same time don't let them scare you away. I love my car. Yes I wish it was as fast as an M3 since they're in the same class but oh well. It's still a pretty fun car to drive.

And also, as mentioned before, consider the fact that these are all losing their value and that the earlier years are the ones that can be had for 10K or so, but it couldn't hurt to spend a little bit more for a newer one. It may just be worth it.