The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Anyone buy a G after owning an Audi/BMW?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by JHereth22
My nissan dealership in town has a complimentary deli sandwich with any oil change.
"Your bite is tantalizingly delicate for a man your age", says the deli sandwich

Aw, thanks for the compliment, deli sandwich.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by JHereth22
My nissan dealership in town has a complimentary deli sandwich with any oil change.

See...now that would get me in for an oil change.

I just need a day where I feel way too lazy to do it myself AND feed myself. Kill two birds with one stone.

Also helps if the woman at the service counter is hot. I think i used to make up things when my Infiniti was under warranty just to go in to see the gorgeous blonde at my local dealer. I swear the hotter it got outside, the shorter the skirts and the taller the heels.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Getting a 911 Porsche 4 Cab 2007, March 18, this should be real interesting!

Old 03-15-2015, 03:00 AM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
I bounced around cars until I got my G...

Boosted Mazda 6
Mazda speed 3
Mazda Speed 6
Audi S4 (wifes car)
Then I decided to buy a VW R32.... Twin turbod it and widebody HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED... Then I sold it and bought the G..... I wish I would have kept my R32. That was my favorite car. AWD, 600hp.... Light as can be SOOOOOOO fast. Sucker was a Lambo killer for sure. Complete sleeper. If I see it again I will buy it back.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Vw R32? I'm confused.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Vw R32? I'm confused.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:13 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Yes VW made a r32..... Sometimes called a gti r32.....

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (03-19-2015)
Old 03-17-2015, 04:06 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
I bought a BMW 328 new back in 06 (because my ex at the time wanted one). Decent car but nothing too exciting. Overpriced I tell you for what you get. We paid $40k, add taxes and fees and OTD was $45k for a basic 4door luxury sedan. It did have all the features including Nav. I broke up with the ex soon after so I don't know much how that car treated her, but it was new so I'm sure it was all covered under warranty.

I drove a friend's 2006 650i and a 2007 Range Rover Sport. Those were pretty nice cars but also have price tags above $50k. I would not want to get stuck with repair bills for those cars. The Infiniti I can handle.

I think the G35 is just the right amount of luxury and sportiness for the right price. I still want a M3 sometime in the future, but just don't want to spend that much money for a car thats not much faster than the G.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:18 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Hatchman

2010 Audi S5, 354 hp 4.2L V8 with Quattro and Prestige package (pretty much loaded)
Better traction, seats, interior, paint, styling, wheels, engine sound, transmission, sound system, handling, power, brakes, exhaust, gauges, navigation, shifter, paddle shifters, headlights, tail lights, HVAC system, engine bay looks/layout, sunroof size, features, key less start, and pretty much everything about the car is better than the G35. Even the trunk will open up all the way, not just a crack, when you hit the button. A thousand more compliments, comments, and looks compared to the G35. Even the Nappa Silk leather on the seats, made by Recaro, is much better quality and feel.. and no rip on the drivers seat like almost every G (that hasn't been repaired).

Test drove an A5, A4, and even an S4, and they didn't do anything for me. I'm a sport coupe guy. You should test drive an S5, they are awesome.

Only downside, gets a little less average mpg (21 compared to 23) and costs about 3 times as much as the G, so it should be a lot better at everything.

I love the G though. It's nice to have a spare car, and pick which one you want to take for a ride that day.
I've always like the S5 but have never driven one, nor will I probably buy one if I had the money. The car is very nice, but just not have the style (exterior) of the G35/37 coupe.

Audi's are great cars though. My roomate bought a new A3 and I drive it every once in a while. It definitely has some very nice luxurious features, but nothing super fancy. I believe it also costs a little less than the G35.

I've also ridden in an A6, those are sweet *** sedans and you feel quite luxurious (and wealthy) while riding one. They're just too plain on the outside for me except for a few touches like the new headlights.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:03 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Justice06RR
I've always like the S5 but have never driven one, nor will I probably buy one if I had the money. The car is very nice, but just not have the style (exterior) of the G35/37 coupe.

Audi's are great cars though. My roomate bought a new A3 and I drive it every once in a while. It definitely has some very nice luxurious features, but nothing super fancy. I believe it also costs a little less than the G35.

I've also ridden in an A6, those are sweet *** sedans and you feel quite luxurious (and wealthy) while riding one. They're just too plain on the outside for me except for a few touches like the new headlights.
Agree with you, A3 is kind of the bottom end, nothing fancy, and A6 is nice on the inside, but not very sporty on the outside. The A5/S5 really needs to be lowered and bigger wheels. For some reason the car really needs to have 20" wheels on it to look right. Stock, the car is just too high, ready for snow in the Alps or something. But lowered and some nice wheels, they look pretty good in my opinion.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Owned an Audi A6 Advant as well as a BMW 525i Touring and currently own a BMW X5. Having owned a Porsche 911 SC Targa I wanted to drive something that didn't have 4 doors. The G35 Coupe is basically our summer car except when we go to the river or lake and I need to tow our boat or jetski. Was looking for a 6mt, but most of them were all trash out or had rebuilt title or had super high mileage.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
I don't care for Audi VW lol.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:09 AM
I currently have my 04 G35, and a 15 BMW X3. The G has better highway handling with it's greater power vs the diesel. And of course not as top heavy

Worse mileage. A more sporty suspension.

And more wear and tear outside and inside after 11 years.

The main downside for driving is the technology. Have to hook up phone for music or sat service via cassette deck. No HUD.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by kevink
I

The main downside for driving is the technology. Have to hook up phone for music or sat service via cassette deck. No HUD.
I wonder if there has ever been a car that had a cassette deck and a HUD? Interesting.

Yeah, the tech sucks, can't even hook up my iphone, no bluetooth, no DVD, no nav, Bose stereo sucks.

My wife's C-max tech blows this car away. It has nav, dvd, bluetooth, sirius xm, in car wifi hotspot, hands free phone, heck you can even download upgrades to the system through the phone, and the Sony stereo sounds great. They went a little overboard, you can even adjust the HVAC three different ways: steering wheel controls, touch screen, or the HVAC contols on the dash.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:53 PM
I saw an article online about CarPlay compatible receivers that you can put into older cars. Including this G. That would give me many of the features I'm used to in my new car. And there are compatible units from around $500-$1400 (depending on features).

And there is a LONG thread on this site about replacement head units.

I went there, and I got scared away right now from this option. $400 for one item that would be needed so the system could hold a double height unit. Other options to make the unit compatible with the Infiniti. Let alone what the installation costs would be. I probably should have done the change 4 or so years ago, then the cost of upgrading to this new Pioneer would have been mostly covered previously, and I would have had 4 or so years of additional use out of this.

Now, if I go on a road trip, I'll just be taking my new car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy a G after owning an Audi/BMW?