The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Anyone buy a G after owning an Audi/BMW?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Agree with you, A3 is kind of the bottom end, nothing fancy, and A6 is nice on the inside, but not very sporty on the outside. The A5/S5 really needs to be lowered and bigger wheels. For some reason the car really needs to have 20" wheels on it to look right. Stock, the car is just too high, ready for snow in the Alps or something. But lowered and some nice wheels, they look pretty good in my opinion.
If the A5 came lowered like the M3/M4, it would definitely be a little better. Not sure what size wheels the A5's come with, but 19's or bigger is a must to look good with these sports cars.

That's what I've always like with BMW's, they come already lowered, and the higher end M's have 19" wheels that fit quite well. I will still get a BMW 3-series sometime in the future (possibly a M3 or 330/335) over an Audi.

Originally Posted by upallnight
Owned an Audi A6 Advant as well as a BMW 525i Touring and currently own a BMW X5. Having owned a Porsche 911 SC Targa I wanted to drive something that didn't have 4 doors. The G35 Coupe is basically our summer car except when we go to the river or lake and I need to tow our boat or jetski. Was looking for a 6mt, but most of them were all trash out or had rebuilt title or had super high mileage.
I was looking at used X5's also, but was not really that impressed unless you buy the more newer models. They look nice though with large wheels and ground effects.