The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

2008 G35x vs 2010 G37x

  #1  
Old 06-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37x
2008 G35x vs 2010 G37x

So I am in the market to buy either a 2008 G35x with 108K miles or a 2010 G37x with 120k miles. The G35x is a little beat up especially shown on the interior and wheels. I want to pick the car that is not only more reliable, but I also plan on doing my own aftermarket stuff to either of the cars for more power etc. and want to know which has the better platform. All responses are appreciated.
 
  #2  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:07 PM
cleric670@gmail's Avatar
BANNED!!!
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,005
Received 821 Likes on 755 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Do a little bit of research into the reliability issues of each motor, the 2008 is equipped with the VQ35HR motor, the 2010 has the VQ37VHR. Neither vehicle has much in the way of chassis issues, no real transmission issues (aside from neglect or abuse). However being on a sports car platform the suspensions on both vehicles are going to need substantial work to get them back to OEM spec, compression rods, tie rod ends, various bushings, ball joints, possibly wheel bearings, struts, etc. Typical with sports cars that have over 100k miles on them.

Get a pre-purchase inspection from Nissan/Infiniti and I strongly recommend paying a little extra to have them align the vehicle. If it cannot be aligned then you definitely have suspension work to do.

If the seller won't let you do a pre-purchase inspection then walk away unless it's a REALLY good deal.
 
The following users liked this post:
zmurray (06-12-2019)
  #3  
Old 06-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37x
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Do a little bit of research into the reliability issues of each motor, the 2008 is equipped with the VQ35HR motor, the 2010 has the VQ37VHR. Neither vehicle has much in the way of chassis issues, no real transmission issues (aside from neglect or abuse). However being on a sports car platform the suspensions on both vehicles are going to need substantial work to get them back to OEM spec, compression rods, tie rod ends, various bushings, ball joints, possibly wheel bearings, struts, etc. Typical with sports cars that have over 100k miles on them.

Get a pre-purchase inspection from Nissan/Infiniti and I strongly recommend paying a little extra to have them align the vehicle. If it cannot be aligned then you definitely have suspension work to do.

If the seller won't let you do a pre-purchase inspection then walk away unless it's a REALLY good deal.
They are both currently at an Infiniti dealership. Iím not sure if they do a pre-purchase inspection already or if I will have to ask them to?
 
  #4  
Old 06-12-2019, 05:45 PM
cleric670@gmail's Avatar
BANNED!!!
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,005
Received 821 Likes on 755 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Find out which options package each one has.

Also, if you are looking at COUPES then the 2008 coupe should actually be a G37x since that's the first year it was available. If you're looking at SEDANS then the 2008 model year was still the G35.

If they're both sedans then I'd be leaning towards the G37 but you need to add a front lip spoiler to "fix" that rediculous looking front bumper.
 
The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (06-12-2019)
  #5  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37x
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Find out which options package each one has.

Also, if you are looking at COUPES then the 2008 coupe should actually be a G37x since that's the first year it was available. If you're looking at SEDANS then the 2008 model year was still the G35.

If they're both sedans then I'd be leaning towards the G37 but you need to add a front lip spoiler to "fix" that rediculous looking front bumper.
Ya it is a sedan and they do look a little weird in the front so thatís all stuff I would plan to do. But do you know anything about the aftermarket market for them?
 
  #6  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 PM
cleric670@gmail's Avatar
BANNED!!!
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,005
Received 821 Likes on 755 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Pretty much an infinite aftermarket for either platform, suspension, powertrain, any manner of forced induction, it's all available.

However this platform isn't the most cost effective platform to be building, if you want screaming fast 1000hp on a budget I advise you to look into getting an Evo. If you want 500-600hp on a budget get something with an LS motor.

If you want a classy looking sports sedan that's going to cost more than other performance options then look into the V35/V36 platform It all depends on what EXACTLY your goals are, if you're happy with 400whp then you can get that with about $5k with a supercharger, if your plans are for MORE than that then you might consider a different vehicle because VQ's are expensive to build.
 
  #7  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37x
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Pretty much an infinite aftermarket for either platform, suspension, powertrain, any manner of forced induction, it's all available.

However this platform isn't the most cost effective platform to be building, if you want screaming fast 1000hp on a budget I advise you to look into getting an Evo. If you want 500-600hp on a budget get something with an LS motor.

If you want a classy looking sports sedan that's going to cost more than other performance options then look into the V35/V36 platform It all depends on what EXACTLY your goals are, if you're happy with 400whp then you can get that with about $5k with a supercharger, if your plans are for MORE than that then you might consider a different vehicle because VQ's are expensive to build.
Thatís really all Iím looking for. Nothing crazy just a quicker car I can still use as a daily. Thanks for your feedback, really appreciated.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
iMightBe
Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion
2
01-05-2015 08:58 AM
houman
Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion
4
12-10-2013 11:00 PM
PiDD
G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08
5
10-07-2010 12:18 PM
malice9999
G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08
14
09-27-2010 07:56 PM
Dizzo
G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08
19
01-31-2010 10:53 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 G35x vs 2010 G37x


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: