G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

05 rev up - Change in Exhaust tone when downshifting/decelerating.. pls help🤯

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 rev up coupeeeee 2005
Originally Posted by Aggyvq
I think I finally found the culprit causing this problem! Wiring on harness for bank 1 sensor 2! It looks messed up/exposed, getting a closer look later. Have a code for ho2s heater control circuit low - p0037
hoping this is the issue!!

also, I love how when ever I explain this problem to someone they say it’s normal 😂 it’s not. And the a/f is going to 18.6 when it makes the annoying sound

will update later

update : still haven’t figured out what the issue is.
but have a bigger problem. Cylinder 3 isn’t firing posted another thread about it.

Old 09-30-2021, 04:52 PM
G35 rev up coupeeeee 2005
Originally Posted by cleric670
Yeah the shop just didn't know what they were doing. Even if the y-pipe bolts were fused into place and needed to be air chiseled or sawzalled off it's not that big of a deal, drill out the existing bolt holes in the cats/test pipes and put in new ones. Not a big deal.

Anyone who would leave the y-pipe in place and try to do the clutch with it in place is almost definitely not the shop you want to be taking your car to for repairs.

They could have gone upstream a little and just unbolted the test pipes from the headers and left them attached to the y-pipe, there's plenty of options to give you the room needed to get the tranny out properly.

hey! You always have a lot of good info… can you check out my new thread about cylinder 3 not igniting & let me know your thoughts ?
thanks!!

Old 01-27-2022, 06:49 AM
Banned
bmw
Moderator EDIT: Banned for botting

Last edited by cleric670; 01-27-2022 at 10:25 AM.