The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saying there are stretches of road in the US where it is possible to "cruise" at 90mph+ for extended periods of time. Risk is assumed by the driver, but none-the-less cruise doesn't work above 90. If this is not for you, then dont drive like this. Simple answer.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
1.I hate the fact my seats don't recline all the way back...
sucks when ur trying to get in! =/

Old 09-04-2011, 03:22 PM
It is possible to cruise at 90 in the northwest with straight roads and no traffic, especially at night, just gotta scrape the layer of bugs off!

I hate how long it takes for the cd changer to change discs. Maybe was mentioned but im not reading 135 pages and its worth repeating anyway. If I'm just going to the store I can make it before it starts playing!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. seatbelt doesn't stay in its spot have to contantly put it back in the plastic holder thingy
2. car is impossible to smoke in when its raining without getting soaked
3. drivers window clanks when closing it everytime
4. hids arent as "crisp" as some other oems and dont light up the road as well as say acuras
5. needs about 50 more hp

The following users liked this post:
stanstiller (04-01-2012)
Old 09-05-2011, 09:40 PM
rattles,rattles, and rattles. "cheap" interior for a "lurury" brand.

hamzafraj (09-12-2011)
Old 09-05-2011, 10:16 PM
NYT
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PoliPino
You can't open the windows at all if the car is wet or water will drip in.
Disclaimer: I absolutely love my car.

How Infiniti let this issue off the assembly line in 2003 is a joke but how it still remains on the 2007 is f'ing ridiculous! I can't believe someone didn't get fired over this and this is incredibly sad for a company like Infiniti. Wow.

Again, love my car. I bought this exact model intentionally because of it's purposely unrefined characteristics, but I know monkey's that evolved faster than many of the glaring flaws with the G.

I can't believe when this car was new they tried to compare it to BMW's... please (and I'm not even a beamer guy!).

Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
^^^How many cars have you had? Not starting an argument or anything but tons of cars do this. How about some old school drip rails? That will take car of it! And I think the Infiniti is more car for less money, and without the pretense. I see that you love your car but man you're tough on it!

Just to add another though, the passenger seat belt always locks and has to retract all the way to get more slack. I also hate the oil dipstick. Pain to put back in and once got stuck and bent up.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:12 AM
the fact that the clutch is so bad it makes me want an auto. anyone wanna trade?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by NYT
Disclaimer: I absolutely love my car.

How Infiniti let this issue off the assembly line in 2003 is a joke but how it still remains on the 2007 is f'ing ridiculous! I can't believe someone didn't get fired over this and this is incredibly sad for a company like Infiniti. Wow.

Again, love my car. I bought this exact model intentionally because of it's purposely unrefined characteristics, but I know monkey's that evolved faster than many of the glaring flaws with the G.

I can't believe when this car was new they tried to compare it to BMW's... please (and I'm not even a beamer guy!).

Would be nice if would could install some rain visors like the Sedan. But since our coupe uses frameless windows, it's not possible.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:49 PM
NYT
Originally Posted by mikedamageinc
^^^How many cars have you had? Not starting an argument or anything but tons of cars do this. How about some old school drip rails? That will take car of it! And I think the Infiniti is more car for less money, and without the pretense. I see that you love your car but man you're tough on it!

Just to add another though, the passenger seat belt always locks and has to retract all the way to get more slack. I also hate the oil dipstick. Pain to put back in and once got stuck and bent up.
Hey, yea I ranted a bit... just had to get it out. I've owned many-a-cars, with the previous 3 being Acuras (wife has a Murano), so I guess my expectations were high. I did know what I was getting into with the G, I researched and test drove them for over a year, but at this price, with a premium Nissan brand and the last year of a model run I'm still very surprised at all the '07 coupe's little short comings.

However, some enormous positives are:
- 300hp, RWD, 6MT. Sold!
- Stock 19's, decently wide, stylish design... and forged!
- Sporty, stylish, unique exterior (sorry G37)
- Possibly the nicest stock exhaust note on the planet (excluding select V8's).
- Nice balance of sport and luxury (More sport and I can't really part with any of these fat pig amenities).

Thank god I'm enamored with these 5 points above, so I don't focus on this over weight "touring car" that eats gas, brakes, tires, the left side of the drivers neck and your desire for logical design/refinement

FYI, my car is a DD, that sees corporate customers, winters, 2 small kids and the track (and aggressively the few times I get out). I know I demand A LOT from a single car and this is one of the very few that met my needs at this price. +1 Infiniti.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:56 PM
NYT
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Would be nice if would could install some rain visors like the Sedan. But since our coupe uses frameless windows, it's not possible.
I love frame-less windows, but as I've experienced in the past unfortunately they're just not as durable only really being supported at 1 point (the bottom) when they're open. After years of opening and closing I think we'll start to get what I call "door separation" (what I think every GM gets framed or not). Hope the G is different, but my hopes aren't high with these 300lb doors.

I love that little "auto-up" when you close the door though. First time I ever saw that was on a $180k 911 Turbo I drove this summer. +1 Infiniti.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rattles, clunks, etc. It's very annoying. It's a lot worse than my Supra with 150K miles, and stiff coilovers.

hamzafraj (09-12-2011)
Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't like that you have to turn on the cruise control every time you restart the car.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Idk if this happens on the first gens, but I don't like how, even in summer, the engine idles at almost 2k when it is started... sounds like its taking off!! And makes me feel bad inside

Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I hate how she has to just sit in my driveway until I rebuild the motor. Yay hydrolock (didn't seize it, but something is effed.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?