The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Infiniti, hottest line of cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006 | 11:06 PM
And NO. With the exception of the G and the FX, Infiniti has the most boring car design. As with many Japanese and Korean manufacturers, Infiniti is trying hard to copy the European competitors. However, unlike the Lexus, which pride itself to compete directly with the Mercedes, Infiniti has no such tactic.

Old 01-12-2006 | 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by jmX
A pontiac GTO is cheaper, and as far as I can tell built better, than a G35 coupe. It has a better transmission, and a better engine. The interior seems as nice or nicer. It is nowhere close in the exterior looks department, but overall I'd say its a better car. I bet gas milage isnt far off either considering how pathetic our amazingly tiny engines fuel economy is (what the hell is up with that?! Whats the point of a small engine if it sucks the gas down like a big one with more power?)

As for sedans and SUV's infiniti has, I dont know...I personally think infiniti has some of the most uninspired looking cars on the road right now aside from the G35 Coupe.
The thread starter was talking about the entire line up of an car company, while GTO and new Solstice are excellent cars from Pontiac but other cars in their line up arent quite measure up(G6/Grand Prix/Montana/Torrent).

Old 01-12-2006 | 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by elau
All you have to do is perform a search on the forum and there are plenty of people have problems with their G. Why can't he voice his opinion? I recall many members here complaint about the rattles of the interior. Or do you only read the goodness of the G and selectively ignore the discussions on rattles, rear end click, leather seat coming apart, easily scratched dash surface of the '04, and on and on?

I am not ditching the G, but think it is almighty superior is just wrong. Any man made machinery will have some form of imperfections. Let's face it and accept the truth.
Like you said, no car is perfect, from what ppl posting about their peoblems, most if all seem to be somewhat minor, and most of them are limit to the 03~04 models, what kinda of problem(s) do ppl have with their 05s? I have none(knocking on wood )The important thing is the Infiniti are taking steps to fix problems and they do seems trying to improve their products, one example, the brake dust on my 03 was just impossible to keep the wheels clean for more than two days, I dont have that problem with the 05s, but look at BMW? the brake dust on my 06 M3 are as bad as the 03's G, to say that "Infiniti is one of the worst in terms of fit and finish." it just isnt true.

Last edited by limeg35; 01-12-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-12-2006 | 12:48 AM
i would agree with most listed, especially G35 Coup. however, i def. do not agree on G35 sedan beating out Acura TL, bmw 3, and Lexus IS. all those listed are way better cars and way better looking. if you havent noticed, there are alot more TL on the street than those fugly G35 sedans.

no offense to those G35 sedan owners, but the coupe is one of the sexiest car on the road, yet, they made the sedan so .. well, not sexy!

TL is very mature and good looking. the interior is WAYYY better than the G...besides its FW..everythign else on that car is better. i would pick a TL over the G35 sedan any day..and they are pretty similar in pricing too!

as for BMW and Lexus, well, they are alot more expenisve, but you get what you pay for. they built better, especially those IS..their interior is light years ahead of the Gs.. the exterior is also better looking than the G sedan!

Old 01-12-2006 | 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by limeg35
Like you said, no car is perfect, from what ppl posting about their peoblems, most if all seem to be somewhat minor, and most of them are limit to the 03~04 models, what kinda of problem(s) do ppl have with their 05s? I have none(knocking on wood )The important thing is the Infiniti are taking steps to fix problems and they do seems trying to improve their products, one example, the brake dust on my 03 was just impossible to keep the wheels clean for more than two days, I dont have that problem with the 05s, but look at BMW? the brake dust on my 06 M3 are as bad as the 03's G, to say that "Infiniti is one of the worst in terms of fit and finish." it just isnt true.
No problem with '05 and newer? Tell me why these owners are posting, just use a few examples?
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/81278-g-went-dead-next-day.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/81377-driver-side-seat-noise.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/81361-arm-rest-noise.html

Brake dust issue can easily be solved by using different brand with harder compound. It has nothing to do with fit and finish.

Old 01-12-2006 | 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
as for BMW and Lexus, well, they are alot more expenisve, but you get what you pay for. they built better, especially those IS..their interior is light years ahead of the Gs.. the exterior is also better looking than the G sedan!
Bingo!!
The G is an entry level luxury sport coupe, priced way below competitors yet loaded with all the goodies, if not more. How do you think they sell a car and still make money?. They have to cut corner somewhere, and quality suffers. It is just business. Pure and simple.

Old 01-12-2006 | 01:06 AM
No problem with '05 and newer? Tell me why these owners are posting, just use a few examples?
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81278
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81377
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81361

Brake dust issue can easily be solved by using different brand with harder compound. It has nothing to do with fit and finish.
would you consider those problems are somewhat minor? except the first one, which we dont excatly know the details...what car dont squeak and creak? would that make Inifiti one of the worst? at least they are try to improve their product unlike some others...

Last edited by limeg35; 01-12-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-12-2006 | 01:07 AM
The G sedan is just plain ugly. The saving grace for that car is again, more bangs for your bucks. The sedan would not have gotten the raving review if it is priced closer to its competitors.

Old 01-12-2006 | 01:42 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
All you have to do is perform a search on the forum and there are plenty of people have problems with their G. Why can't he voice his opinion? I recall many members here complaint about the rattles of the interior. Or do you only read the goodness of the G and selectively ignore the discussions on rattles, rear end click, leather seat coming apart, easily scratched dash surface of the '04, and on and on?

I am not ditching the G, but think it is almighty superior is just wrong. Any man made machinery will have some form of imperfections. Let's face it and accept the truth.
Hmmmm . . . Okay . . . I have had my G on 4 engine oil consumption tests . . . I have had the fuel shutter valve replaced . . . Passenger's side window regulator was replaced during the first week . . . Rear axle click was fixed via a TSB . . . I recently remedied the driver's side air vent creak and armrest creak. I have posted about all of these items and issues.

My G is the least expensive car, which I have purchased in the past some 20 years . . . All summed up, I can honestly say that my G has afforded me the best valve and I am quite pleased with this particular vehicle.

Edited: Viewing certain things from a negative nature can be quite prudent, at times. However, in general it simply leads to unneccessary hardship, as witnessed here on these boards. By thinking a bit more positively . . . We can all learn to appreciate what we have.

Last edited by Andy2434; 01-12-2006 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-12-2006 | 09:54 AM
Andy,
I have no negative view on the G. I was just saying as the other guy did, that the G does has it's shortcomings. No different than any other manufacturer.

I think we all come to the conclusion that the G does give you more bangs for your bucks. But to say Infiniti has the most hottest line of cars? That I have to disagree.

Old 01-12-2006 | 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by limeg35
would you consider those problems are somewhat minor? except the first one, which we dont excatly know the details...what car dont squeak and creak? would that make Inifiti one of the worst? at least they are try to improve their product unlike some others...
Nope. My SL and E-Class has no rattle, squeak and creak. BTW, I never said anything negative about Infiniti, I merely quote others when you said all problems are '03 and '04 related. Those quotes are from '05 and '06, and the severity of the problme is not my point. The model year of the cars is.

The point here is not whether Infiniti worst off than others. It is too assumptious to say Infiniti is the best. My 0.02

Old 01-12-2006 | 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by andy2434
My G is the least expensive car, which I have purchased in the past some 20 years . . . All summed up, I can honestly say that my G has afforded me the best valve and I am quite pleased with this particular vehicle.
If you re-read my post then you will agree we both said the same thing. The G gives you the best value for your money. That's why it was elected one of the best value car of the year in '04.

Old 01-12-2006 | 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
i would agree with most listed, especially G35 Coup. however, i def. do not agree on G35 sedan beating out Acura TL, bmw 3, and Lexus IS. all those listed are way better cars and way better looking. if you havent noticed, there are alot more TL on the street than those fugly G35 sedans.

no offense to those G35 sedan owners, but the coupe is one of the sexiest car on the road, yet, they made the sedan so .. well, not sexy!

TL is very mature and good looking. the interior is WAYYY better than the G...besides its FW..everythign else on that car is better. i would pick a TL over the G35 sedan any day..and they are pretty similar in pricing too!

tastes are subjective.... the g35 sedan looks a lot more refined and sophisticated than the TL.... of the 4 cars, the TL is too edgy...almost like taking a fork to an all spoon festival... tail lights look too much like a mitsubishi galant...

and the TL being the only FWD vehicle.... the tl cannot compete performance wise...

Old 01-12-2006 | 11:59 AM
Infiniti's an high end class. You tell someone you own a infiniti and they will ask you what you do for living. But i think ur wroge, the bmw 5 series will knock m45 when it comes to handling. I like the 5 series, and it looks soo much better then m45. M45 is nice sexy looking car but i just think the bmw kills m45.

Old 01-12-2006 | 01:13 PM
When purchasing, i drove the bmw 330i, tl and is350 numerous times.
fwiw, wife found the tl ugly, didnt like it at all. It was one of my favorites since i liked its interior so much. She flat out said no.

bmw and is350, if the g35 didnt exist, i would have ended up with a 330i. When you start comparing price, there was no justification for the over 10k price differential in those cars. Gotta admit the bimmer drove much nicer, but no way it was worth that much more. And if you want to talk about reliability, i think overall i'll have less issues than a bimmer owner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti, hottest line of cars?