The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Aftermarket parts cheapen your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2010 | 10:48 AM
I'm pretty bored at work and took about an hour to go through this thread. While I understand both sides of the coin... I'm a modification kind of guy.

While I have no plans to modify my new G... I have a fully custom (ENTIRELY NEW FRAME, air-suspension, 22" wheels, suicide doors, etc.) truck. For me, its not about the money I will get when i sell it, or the performance or any of that. Its about the thumbs up and stares I get when I'm cruising down I-95 LITERALLY a 1"off the ground. Its about hanging out with my friends and building something COOLER then the factory intended...

And about growing out of it?!?!? Say that to George Barris...

Last edited by downtimedesigns; 05-07-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-07-2010 | 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by split
^ i thought jonny85 put in some sort of aftermarket LED tails.

it wasnt really bad luck in the past, only poor choices. snakes1021, are you not embarrassed when a stock g37 can beat you so quietly and effortless while your hi-power exhaust is just screaming away? and then when you let off its just droning like crazy on the highway?

eventually you'll out-grow it and realize how much more money you'd have if you didnt buy all these parts.

its not that i'm counting my pennies with my car purchases, but i do realize that i could have just put all of my modding money into a bank account and bought a much nicer car in a few years.
^^ I have a 2003 G35 with a few mods such as a stage 3 clutch, aftermarket intake, exhaust, coilovers and rims. Right now my vehicle's aftermarket suspension runs smoother than stock because of the setup i went with.. and my car sounds almost close to stock, not loud and obnoxious, but its a bit faster. It so happens that 1 of my best friends owns a G37s and on few occasions we decide to have a little fun to see who is faster and 9 out of 10 times I beat him.. Yet he paid twice the price for his vehicle after my modifications. He then turned and said to me "The amount I purchased my G37 for would have allowed me to purchase a G35 and customize it exactly how I want it; to make it perform and look better than my car" I dont know if you see the point we are trying to make.

Old 05-07-2010 | 11:11 AM
split. no im not embarrased cuz im not a race car driver. i mod my car because i like to its a hobby. maybe you collect stamps or post card i like to mod my car. i love the way it sounds. doesnt bother me one bit.

my good friend hasan 09 g37s with about the same mods i have. he has HFC's and coilovers is the only real difference in our mods, and i have no problem keeping up with him. some times he is keeping up with me. an extra 30 hp is still be a drivers race. Considering he paid like 50g's and i paid 28 for mine im. to me the 20g's for 30 hp isnt worth it, ohh and his insurance is way higher. im perfectly content with the creature comforts i have. car is paid for has no issues. looks good. modding is a personal choise. your point is irrelivant, because i also have a friend that has a 95 civic that he paid 2500 for with a built motor and will wlk all over most g35 or g37 ive seen.

if we both have 100 grand to spend on a car you would buy your porsche ill buy a bone stock G35 got less than half of that. mod it the way i want. with the remaining from the price and what ill save on insurance and maintenance and molest your fancy high end sports car.

newsflash: ......... driver of a $50k modified g35 is faces charges of sodemy, for deliberatly *** raping a $100k+ porsche at will. as a result of this *** raping the driver of the $100k porsche, although an amazing peice of machinery, has lost all of his pride and been completely humiliated, this *** raping took place in view of countless bystanders including the victims friends and family.

we do it because we want to do it.

Old 05-07-2010 | 11:16 AM
Split, I'm curious to know how old you actually are... I'm not a young Guy (older than most out here) but car enthusiasts are all ages - its a hobby and becomes a passion (no matter how old you are).

Your comments about body modifications falling apart and only looking good in pictures; you really need to get to some of the meets and events - many of our cars look as good or better in person as they do in the pics you see (there are lots of very nice high quality modified cars out here).

As stated a couple posts above, when you're into Modding you definitely are making an cognizant effort to be unique. But there are also those that are primarily performance oriented and actual track there car a lot.

You comment about being beaten by a stock G37 makes no sense, that's an entirley different car and different engine and beats a stock G35 anyway - I'm not sure why you would use that as an example - but just to be clear; a modified 35 can (and does) beat stock 37... I've done it more then once.

Old 05-07-2010 | 11:29 AM
i'm turning 25 next month.

i've come to realize over the years, that the majority of the tuning industry is for affluent kids whose parents bought them vehicles and they use their allowance to modify them.

as for 'quality' modifications.. usually vendors on forums are the absolute worst. you cant neg rep them, or post negative feedback because they're moderators and it just gets erased.

i'm not try to offend people like snakes1021 who obviously has something to prove with his vehicle, but i really just want to share some insight so people dont waste as much time and money as I did.

I'm not on this forum to modify my car (although it is tempting i must admit), i am here to kill time at work, learn more about my g35, and possibly purchase an oem front lip spoiler.

Old 05-07-2010 | 11:37 AM
i really just want to share some insight so people dont waste as much time and money as I did.
It was a waste of money to YOU!! But for those of us that love doing it, its completely different. Car shows and the garage is where I hang out with my friends, where we drink beers and kick it. Some guys go to the bar or whatever, we sit around and bull**** all night on creepers and milk crates.

Oh and I have enough money into my truck for a new G37, but then I'ld have the same car as a couple thousand other people on the road... and thats just not my style.

Old 05-07-2010 | 11:39 AM
^^^ (two posts above) you're still a kid with a lot of cars to go before legitamtely posting with such implied experience...

Old 05-07-2010 | 11:39 AM
Xet
Modifying your car isn't always just about going fast. Most people on this site realize these aren't fast cars, we aren't going to be anywhere near the fastest thing on the road without a ton of money.

But, that doesn't mean we can't mod our cars to look extremely nice and make us happy. You can tell anyone that collects anything, whether it be clothes, movies, games, whatever that it is a waste of money. Financially - yes it is, but people's enjoyment and happiness is worth whatever they decide it is.

Not even to mention the people you meet and the bonds you make working on your car, or solving install problems, that alone would be worth it to me.

Old 05-07-2010 | 11:40 AM
lol i have nothign to prove. just your statement hold no water. i could care less if this car or that car can beat me thats not why i mod, i do it because i like to. i dont race i do drive over the speed limit tho. its my car i do what i want to it. im older than you and have to prove nothing to nobody

Old 05-07-2010 | 12:31 PM
i think i'm done with this thread. i'm not even the OP. I have my opinion, which probably is the same as 99% of the population IRL, but of course 99% of the members of this forum are here because they want to rice their cars out.

Old 05-07-2010 | 12:45 PM
everything
i'm turning 25 next month.
Holy christ... i woulda guessed over 40 from the way youve been bashing modding

i think i'm done with this thread. i'm not even the OP. I have my opinion, which probably is the same as 99% of the population IRL, but of course 99% of the members of this forum are here because they want to rice their cars out.
Dont let the door hit you in the *ss. Why even register for a car forum if all youre gonna do is sh*t talk the members cuz they dont roll around in stock vehicles???

Sounds like you p*ssed away your money on sh*tty parts that didnt fit, who were probably installed some moron who overcharged you and now youre all salty about it and want to spread the word to the whole world that sticking money into a car is a waste..... NEWS FLASH we already know that. But unlike you, the rest of us have fun doing it, meeting new people, and learning a few things along the way, whether good or bad.

Sounds like youre also jealous at the fact that many kids today have mommy and daddy buy them their cars... Who gives a sh*t! Ive paid for every vehicle Ive ever owned, it just makes you appreciate it more. I dont like that parents shell out tons of money for overpriced and overpowered cars for brats who just got their license but Im not gonna lose sleep over it like you.

Last edited by G2FLIP4; 05-07-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2010 | 12:50 PM
sigh at the rice comment.... just sigh.

Old 05-07-2010 | 12:58 PM
split- only 25? I'm not sure if you feel like your life is over already but man you're talking like it. just bored and negative man. not a good combo.

you're typing like you've seen it all and been through it all but I seriously doubt that- you couldn't have...you've still got so far to go- so much more to live for, right?

man, you're one down guy to say you wish you could be on here to mod/looking for a front lip yet saying statements like 99% don't mod and 99% on this site are rice. just marinate on that fact for a moment because that's what you said....sound hypocritical? Young boi all you've done here is complain about your youth when in actuality you're still in it...you don't know what you want- I can tell because you didn't want to mod back then, you just did it as a trend with your friends. Then "grew out" of it. What else will you grow out of? Or better yet try to grow into?? This place will draw you in and eat you alive. You're too afraid to spend money

"This ain't your speed young main, stay in your lane..."

Old 05-07-2010 | 01:20 PM
one thing before you go (and trust me, no one cares if you leave)...

Please tell me which car in the linked thread you feel is "rice"
https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...otography.html

I could post similar examples of coupes and FXs all day long...

Old 05-07-2010 | 01:21 PM
SIETESG
Premier Member
25 and stock..

smart--- yes... all the money he's saving

fun--- noooooooo way--- just very boring

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket parts cheapen your G