G35 Cars Looking for a new or used G35? No dealers, no exceptions.

FS: 2003 Infiniti G35 Supercharged Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 01:23 AM
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2003 Infiniti G35 Supercharged Coupe

You will not find a more tastefully modded G35 Coupe out there. Attention to every detail. Never been raced/tracked. Registered through 9/2019 (Smog Completed 9/26/2018). Easily over 30K worth of aftermarket parts and work.

Highlights:

Performance: Stillen Intercooled Supercharger (Stage 2) (Carb Legal-Passes Smog), Stillen Valve Body Upgrade, NGK Spark Plugs for Supercharger, Stillen Hi-Flow Cold Air Intake, Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust, Stillen F/R Camber/Toe Kits, Hotchkis Sway Bars, BC Racing Coilovers (F/R Adjustable Dampening), F/R AP Racing Big Brake Kit & Rotors, Braided Steel Brake Lines, Lightweight Driveshaft, Level 10 (New Jersey) Bulletproof Transmission, Upgraded Transmission Pan, Z-Speed Aluminum Undercarriage.

Exterior/Interior: (All Authentic) Kuruma Z Front Bumper, Greddy G-Racer Sideskirts, Gialla Grille, Custom Volk Racing GT-7s (F 20x9.5 R 20x10.5) (Chrome) with Rare SF Challenge Centercaps, Nitto NT-555 Tires, VIS Chargespeed Rear Bumper w/Carbon Fiber Diffuser, VIS AMS (Slayer) Carbon Fiber Hood w/Aerocatch Hood Pins, Stillen Rear Roof Wing, 06/07 Infiniti Projector Headlights & Rear Tail Lights w/Bluebatmobile GTR Overlays, JDM Clear Corners (No Bump), Custom ZenClosures 10" SubBox, Rockford Fosgate Punch Speakers w/BOSE Sound System, Custom LED Lighting Inside and Out.

Full Disclosure: The car is not in perfect condition and has usual wear and tear (e.g. Slight tear in driver's seat, driver's window works-needs recalibration, needs new rear differential bushing). In the past, the car has had intermittent starting problems and the engine has shut off while driving. I've had a few mechanics look at it, but until the problem surfaces completely, they were unable to find any problems or codes. Therefore, the car would be suited for an individual who knows how to work on and/or tune cars. I am only selling because my daughter needs a car. Extra parts can be included for the right offer.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...earchRadius=25

Last edited by RedHot6mt; 10-01-2018 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Improve Details
The following users liked this post:
JG_G35 (10-02-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Sad to see it go, but if you are selling it here you need to put forth a little more effort - aka list the information - aka add a couple pictures - thank you.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:10 AM
Hey UE thanks for the heads up. Does the link in my original post not work? There are 27 pics and a ton of information. I spent a great deal of time and effort on the Ad, so it seemed redundant to move the information directly here. Let me know if you can't access the information and I'll happily go about it differently. Thanks again.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Neat car, someone will really like that one!

Old 10-01-2018, 04:44 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
That's a SCREAMING deal on a built G35, you should have no problems getting rid of it. Does the S/C have any problems rubbing on that hood? I was under the impression that it wouldn't clear?

Old 10-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
That's a SCREAMING deal on a built G35, you should have no problems getting rid of it. Does the S/C have any problems rubbing on that hood? I was under the impression that it wouldn't clear?
Great question. I searched long and hard for a hood that would fit over the Stillen supercharger, since the Stillen Hood was so God awful ugly. The hood does lightly touch the top of the supercharger, but it does not affect performance in anyway, since it is a good distance away from the actual pully itself. Here are a few pics the arrow is where it hits the top of The supercharger, the second pick is where it hits the top of the hood (that is flat with no indentations), and the last shows the top of the hood where it has been perfectly fine for the last year and a half.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Neat! I wonder if the small issue has to do with some of the sensors like the crank and cam ones. Good deal for what comes on it.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Also, I have the six rib upgrade kit from Stillen that can be installed. It changes the pulley from 4 ribs to 6 ribs. I never installed it because I never had a problem with the pulley slipping but that was the reason for the upgrade from Stillen. Installing that would move the supercharger back slightly, so It would completely clear the hood. But as mentioned, it hasn't been an issue the way that it is installed now. I can include the 6 rib upgrade ($500) if the price is right. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Buy your kid a scooter instead keep the beast!

Old 10-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Neat! I wonder if the small issue has to do with some of the sensors like the crank and cam ones. Good deal for what comes on it.
I doubt the small issue has to do with the crank or cam sensors directly. When I first started to troubleshoot the problem, that seemed like a good place to start. I purchased brand new OEM ones from infiniti and installed all three myself, since it was a reasonable/cost effective shot at the issue. It's one of those frustrating glitches that you just have to wait for whatever part it is to completely fail. I had it at 3 Corner Garage, which is known for working on modded cars and has an Infiniti and Nissan Master Tech. They suggested it "could be" the sensors, but it was too much to have them do such a simple job, so I did it myself.

I also had another mechanic for about a month and a half, who drove it to and from work with a $20,000 scanner/computer attached. During that entire time, the car only stalled one time and the quick glimpse the computer got was "Lost communication with engine". Car started right up immediately after. In addition, the car never throws/stores any codes whatsoever. My mechanic didn't want to start throwing money at possible fixs, because he couldn't determine the exact cause. The car actually didn't have one episode for the nine months after I got it back from the mechanic, but started acting up when it got really hot here in Cali. Now that it's a little bit cooler, it seems like this issue disappeared again. I just want to be honest with whoever purchases it, so they are aware of the issue.

I've scoured the fourms and Internet for similar issues with no success. It's probably something simple like a ground issue (loose connection), as the car runs great and strong at all other times. Other possible culprits could be a vacuum issue, alternator (checked out fine), the battery (less than a year old), the fuel pump (which I hear turning on and it's Delivering fuel as evidenced by how well it runs). I'm guessing it's just something simple ( The car is simply runs amazing), but once again the part needs to completely fail in order to diagnose. If anyone here has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

My guess (no exact 100% proof but Stillen did suggest that it could be the issue from it's past experiences with the Black Box) Is the highly likely culprit is the original Stillen black box (which is a tune in a box to reprogram the ECU and to meet the stringent California standards that allowed this unit to be carb legal). I called Stillen and they we're surprised I had a black box, as they eventually replaced it with a gray box due to problems and now a box is no longer used. I copy the the original wiring diagram for the box that actually incorporates all of those sensors that you were hypothesizing about. That would also actually explain away the car is not throwing any codes, since the sensors aren't bad but rather possibly an issue with the box. But once again, until the box fails completely there is no telling 100% that that would be it.

The fix for that would actually be quite simple (and exciting) and it was something that I always wanted to do anyway. I called Church automotive (Famous for their Dynotuning) and it's about 1k to restore is the original factory wiring from the black box and use Osiris to reprogram the car's ECU with up to five different maps. I also wanted to add some upgraded injectors (e.g., 500cc) and a high flow fuel pump before The Osiris Tune, in order to unlock the true potential of the supercharger. The true power of the supercharger was locked down with that Stellan black box in order to make a carb legal. The unit itself is actually not Stillen, as most of Stillen products are not manufactured by them, but rather a Old School Magnuson Roots Style supercharger, capable of much more than what Stillen the black box allowed it to do.

This is truly an exciting opportunity for someone out there to pick up a completely modded car for an extremely reasonable price and improve it tremendously with relatively little expense. I would keep the car myself, but not only does my daughter need a car, my wife completely hates the car and it just causes problems. The car costs me all of $800 in insurance to keep, so I'm practically giving it away. If you picked up a stock G35 and found some 20" Volk GT-7s, refinished them to this condition, added $400 SF Challenge Center caps and tires, you would be at $13,500 without all of the other modifications.

Last edited by RedHot6mt; 10-02-2018 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Add Pic
Old 10-02-2018, 12:00 AM
Old 10-02-2018, 01:02 AM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
@RedHot6mt Glad to see you back on driver! Sad you're finally putting her up for sale tho but whoever buys it will be one lucky person. GLWS!

Old 10-02-2018, 01:28 AM
Thanks JG. I'm still rollin with those JDM Clear Corners (No Bump) from you. I think I forgot to mention them in the specs. Hate to sell it but my wife just doesn't get how much it is worth, compared to how much I can get for it. It kills me to let it go knowing it only costs me $800 in insurance to keep around as a spare car. Stay single guys.

Last edited by RedHot6mt; 10-07-2018 at 11:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JG_G35 (07-22-2020)
Old 10-02-2018, 03:24 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Thanks a ton for the info and those pictures. Basically the only think that's kept me from picking up a stillen S/C was that ugly hood and I thought there were no other options. You just made my year.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Thanks a ton for the info and those pictures. Basically the only think that's kept me from picking up a stillen S/C was that ugly hood and I thought there were no other options. You just made my year.
no problem. I looked long and hard for something that would possibly work. That Stillen Hood was absolutely horrible looking, not to mention really annoying to drive with. All you could see was that hump in the middle of the hood. Not only is my hood one of the only other options out there, but in my opinion it looks sick and I've always gotten lots of compliments on it. I got mine from Outcast garage here in Cali. The guys there helped me install it in about 15 minutes and quality/fitment is excellent. It is a VIS AMS (Slayer Style) Hood. I think the new supercharger for the G35 coupe from Stillen is now a Vortech and is mounted on the side, so you would probably be able to use the hood of your choice. I personally would still choose this hood, even if clearing the Supercharger wasn't an issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 2003 Infiniti G35 Supercharged Coupe