G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

? for those with bodykit. Does you car feel slower?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtrain
should actually improve airflow creating less drag and better handling

not noticeable, but it should

The stock infiniti body parts have been designed and sculpted into one of the slickest (low cD) shapes around. Do you really think that the aftermarket body panels have performed the same type of R & D, wind tunnel testing, etc?

Even though, you may be giving your car a "cooler" look, it probably doesn't manipulate the air as well.

Old 05-29-2006, 03:16 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by QuadCam
The stock infiniti body parts have been designed and sculpted into one of the slickest (low cD) shapes around. Do you really think that the aftermarket body panels have performed the same type of R & D, wind tunnel testing, etc?

Even though, you may be giving your car a "cooler" look, it probably doesn't manipulate the air as well.
+1... the sedan with the aero pkg has a lower cD than the coupe... lower than exotics too. pretty impressive what infiniti has done

Old 05-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by absolutg
+1... the sedan with the aero pkg has a lower cD than the coupe... lower than exotics too. pretty impressive what infiniti has done

there is absolutely zero reason to get all scientific about this!!! unless your kit is square....and i mean spongebob square kit, then you have nothing to worry about! dont listen to anyone but yourself! the R&D dollars...blah blah blah...the wind tunnel blah blah blah....someone is going to bring up unsprung wheel weight and blah blah blah....wind resistance blah blah ...the lower stance will cause the....blah blah blah!!!

who cares! thinking like that will get you no hoes!! you bought it because it was pimped right, not to go faster! you bought it because the stock look was just not enough right? not to test the space time continue-um (i normally cant spell, but im not going to try that one!) so screw all the NERDY explainations and go with the one you know...its pimped and it makes hoes faster because they will run after your whip to say whats up to you!

besides, after I put my kit on and my car.... without the key in it, an anchor on the ground, and on jack stands, with no wheels, it still goes mach 7!!.....umm in my 6th minute of REM sleep!

Last edited by Oki-the-Nawa!; 05-29-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:51 AM
hey absolutg that was not directed at you, i just noticed i hit the quote button....sorry dude. not a dig at you.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Banned
*** flagstaff

Originally Posted by Oki-the-Nawa!
drive down hill. in fact, go to flagstaff arizona, and drive to phoenix. If that doesnt make you feel fast then drive off that cliff right next to highway 17, you are sure to go really fast!

but its all mental. maybe you said it already, but what kit do you have again, im too lazy to look. doesnt matter, its pimped im sure!
Go down to tucson and go up and down Mt. Lemon down there! Its the best driving I've had anywhere in the U.S. I went driving there every week when I was in school at the U of A!

Old 05-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
Go down to tucson and go up and down Mt. Lemon down there! Its the best driving I've had anywhere in the U.S. I went driving there every week when I was in school at the U of A!

no way!! really? faster than 17? i mean 17 is over 100 miles of ***** out three lane running! aside for that big uphill climb in payson, but after that its off the hook. aside from the gay AZ cops hiding inbetween those rock gaps. but whenever you see 1000 year olds in old caddilacs getting on it, you know its time to move. i love the three lanes myself, but if your mt lemon is better than that i cant argue, i have never been there. i dig 17 because its all acceleration and no brakes, on top of good fast 120mph+ constant apex driving. i love it. i tried to ride my ducati across country just to ride down tht track, but my bike blew up! i guess 140 mph for hours straight isnt good for the engine! lesson learned! but it was mad fun, id do it again in a heart beat!

Old 05-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by KIDG35
Hey

I just got my full replica bodykit installed (nismo front, kenstyle sides,rear) and now i noticed my car feels alot slower. it feels sluggish when i hit the gas and it feels like my car is so much heavier. taking turns isnt as smooth anymore and i have to really hit the gas to feel anything. Did anyone else notice this after they got their bodykit?

dont think its the weight of the bodykit parts as they were about the same weight as the stock parts. maybe the increase in weight came when the bodyshop mounted it and all. but dont think a few extra bolts would be the issue. maybe its the aerodynamics of the bodykit.
? Are you serious?

Old 05-31-2006, 02:00 AM
Did you put the pieces on or did a shop? Someone may have needlessly disconnected a sensor or something (don't know why, but stranger things have happened). If you think that much is affected, you might want to give everything a once over.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:21 PM
have you taken all the box off the kit? i mean with it flapping in the wind and all it might have a negative effect on speed and performance. remove all the bubble wrap? the tape? put the side skirts on the sides and not the roof? put the key in the ignition? take it out of neutral? are you running ethanol in your premium gas only car? going way uphill on ice in a downhill windstorm while tied to a tree? all this i think you might wanna consider.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:51 PM
post pics of your kit!

Old 08-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
add a lot of stickers and a huge wing, i heard that helps...

Old 08-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Oki-the-Nawa!
going way uphill on ice in a downhill windstorm while tied to a tree? all this i think you might wanna consider.
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOFLL hahahahahha im pissing my pants over here, funniest sh*t ive heard all week

Old 08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just put a sticker on my car and it feels much faster already, imagine what a body kit could do for SPEEEEEED. Body kits will make your car faster.... even while standing still.