G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Uncomfortable Drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncomfortable Drivers seat!!!

It's gotta be leg size - I'm 6'2, 185 and a distance runner with a pretty thin build. The seats are as comfortable as any I've ever had in a car. I have no issues with the switch panel, as my leg is not impacted by it at all.

I should add that I'm pretty sensitive to pressure points - when you are skinny like me, most car seats make your right leg fall asleep within a few hours, because they are too flat and compress the nerves/blood vessels in your butt cheeks. These give me no problem at all. In fact, the tight bolstering helps me.

I suppose it's the old adage - one man's apple is another's poison.

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT Leather, BS, Prem

Old 09-23-2003, 06:51 PM

for you guys that have never felt it, its basically like a Vulcan death grip in your leg.. everything is fine, birds are singing... all is right in the world while cruising in the G... you decide to 'enjoy' a nice sharp left hand turn and BAMMMM, shooting pain... followed by numbness. Its really that profound.

After that happens a few times in a day, that night I'll try to go out and run or walk... I will definately have pain in that leg. Its so bizarre, you wouldnt think it was the seat. If other people had not mentioned it, I would probably have gone to the doctor before realizing i could reposition my leg.

----------------------------------------------------
bs g35c lth/prem - a poser with no lsd

Old 09-23-2003, 06:53 PM

You know, the most comfortable seats I've ever tried are in the Volvo XC-90. Dream seats! Anyway, I guess the same way all shoes don't fit everybody the same, this seat don't. Nothing wrong with it, I don't think, it's just a body/seat mismatch. Mine bothers me a little on the thighs/hips, but I think once they break in some it will be fine.

Old 09-23-2003, 11:23 PM

Sedan seats are terrible on my right thigh. Had the TSB done which just inserts some foam to pad the plastic edge, but if anything, this is just slightly worse as the bolster pad sticks out just a tad more. Frustrating. All BMW seats -- even the heavily bolstered ones, fit great. Bunch of skinny axx Infiniti seat engineers with stick thighs..........

Old 09-24-2003, 01:05 AM

I've just about decided that I am selling my car because of this issue. Has anyone sat in an FX35 and if so are the seats the same? I just saw a picture and the bolster looks identical, but I have to assume that since the FX is wider so are the seats. I'm calling the dealer where I bought the car tomorrow and seeing what he can do for a trade-in on the G and a sale on the FX. I am really bothered by all this mess. I'll keep you guys posted.

Pete

2003.5 Ivory Pearl - Nav - Willow - 6MT - 18's

Old 09-24-2003, 10:39 AM

I love the seat in the G. It wraps around me and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I do think that those Ricaro seats look pretty nice, except for the fact that the embroidered Infiniti isn't on them. Just my .02.

Ryan

03.5 Red w/ Willow G35 Coupe, Premium and Nav
Strictly stock for the time being.

Old 09-24-2003, 12:47 PM

Granted I only got to test drive the car once before I ordered it, but the seats in the coupe I drove felt awesome! Comfortable and snug at the same time. I'm a big guy too. At 5'10", 245lbs, I've got a wide back and large legs. I'd rather the seat be snug than too loose because support is paramount. I guess I'm going to have to wait until my order comes in before I get any long-term impressions...

Old 10-12-2003, 02:46 PM

Can you provide more details about the Recaro seats.

Where did you buy?
How much did they cost?
Did you have to build custom brackets?
Are they as comfortable as they look?