G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Major Delima, need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Major Delima, need help.

Everyday, I drive only about 5 miles to and from work. Now, where I work at, I can only park on a major street where there are alot of traffic and also alot of kids travel with their skate boards and roller blades. On this particular street the sidewalk is very narrow and there are quite a few fire hydrants so the skateboarders would try to do jumps and stunts over them, but alot of times the skateboards becomes torpedos and normally home in on your car and will become your worst nightmare. Now the delima is that we can never do anything to the kids because they are minors so they are pretty much untouchables. Well, I have seen someone else working next to us have his car hit by a skateboard and he has to run 2-3 blocks just to try to catch up to the skaterboarder. Well, to make a long story short, he was able to get money from the kid's parents but the following day his wholes entire car was keyed and the left and right rear view mirrow were broken. Now, I not pointing any fingers but take a wild stab at it, I'm pretty sure you can't be wrong with whos the one that have done it. Now, I am actually thinking about just driving my beater to work so that I don't have to worry all day about bad things that will happen to my car. Now, I know its just a car and insurance will cover any damages, but for the 10 minutes of pure pleasure of driving the G, I have to worry 9 hours of my car every day. Now, if I drive the beater, then why did I buy the G and just let it sit there and depreciate ? I would like to know what someone else would do in this kind of situation. Is it worth the 10 minutes of joy for 9 hours of constant worrying everyday? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Major Delima, need help.

You are doing the right thing, take the beater, I would in your situation. And why would the G just sit there and depriciate ? Life isnt just work and home, is it? Im sure you can come up with many reasons to take the G out for a spin every day. Another way would be to take the looooong way to and from work, instead 5 minutes make it a half an hour

Old 09-23-2003, 05:39 PM

Yes, I would also take the beater. That's an accident that's waiting to happen. And your probably not getting a whole lot of work done either by worrying. For only 5 miles, it's worth leaving your G at home. You can always take it out on weekends. That's what I would do.

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/SAT/Tint/6 Spoke Chrome/Black Badged

Old 09-23-2003, 09:27 PM

Buy a used G cheap and drive that to work then take the nice one out on weekends!

Don't I wish I could afford that.

Drive the beater and enjoy the (mustang) beater

Have a healthy day!
93 J30t, Black on Black (sold as of 9/10)
03.5 G35, Black on Black

Old 09-23-2003, 10:58 PM

You could... Take the beater. Which sux cuz' your Baby will sit home alone all day. Or.... Put a thick car cover on it which might help to some degree. Or Kill all skate boarding punks, (my favorite). One thing you do have to remember in your pain of driving your beater everyday. Your car will actually have a higher value since it will have less miles. But who am I foolin if I could sleep in mine I would. Good luck! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 09-23-2003, 11:30 PM

Thanks, I think I'll just take the beater to work and fully enjoy the coupe on weekends.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:08 AM

Isn't there ANY other place to park? Even a 10 minute walk away? I know a 5 minute drive and a 10 minute walk seems silly, but I live in NYC where people walk miles every day and never use their cars till the weekends. It's good for you anyway...

Old 09-24-2003, 10:46 AM

I feel your pain. I understand where everyone is coming from with taking the beater. I was actually leaning that way, but i started to think (always a scary scenario). You don't want anything to happen to your pride and joy. But, what is the point of having the car if you can't enjoy it except on the weekends? I would drive the G most of the time and every once in a while take the beater. Forget about your worries. My thinking is that if you can't leave the car parked there for work without worrying, then you can't take it anywhere without worrying. A parking lot at the mall or the grocery store. There are mean carts just flying aroudnthe parking lot there and crazy drivers and disrespectful people in beaters who bang their doors into yours. The only time you could drive the car without worry would be on the weekends, but then you have to worry about accidents and rocks and nicks and dings. It never stops. Just drive the car and let what happens happen. You can't live a sheltered life forever.

Ryan

03.5 Red w/ Willow G35 Coupe, Premium and Nav
Strictly stock for the time being.

Old 09-24-2003, 11:02 AM

I take the beater to work everyday. The only time i ever use the G is afterwork, and on weekends. I love the feeling of having a tough day at work.....go home (which takes an hour...L.A. traffic sucks). Take the G out and go cruising. Feels really nice.