G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Front license plate.which is more stealthy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front license plate.which is more stealthy?

Which is less likely to be detected by cops do you think?

Live in a town with no crime, so they regularly pull people over for stupid crap.

A) No front license plate and just hope cops don't notice

or

B) Put front license plate at the passenger side inside @ windshield...but then cops would notice it there and realize it's not where its supposed to be. As opposed to just not noticing that its missing.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:28 AM
A would be better

Old 06-23-2006, 04:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
well, i have... neither but "A"...
to clarify, i have no front plate, but on the right corner windshield, i have a japanese custom plate that reads my team name. havnt got caught for that yet, suprisingly, being how i got a ticket TODAY for tint on front windows by the parking enforcment when i went out for lunch.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
A... the plate in the passenger compartment like that is considered "dangerous" in the case of an accident. So not only do you not have your plate where it's supposed to be, you're endangering people in the car... so even if the officer doesn't care that you don't have a front plate on, he/she might pull you over for that. But that's just my understanding of their point of view about this.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Why don't u put them both on and save the trouble? They are trained for those little things. Even you forget ur inspection or plate sticker they still notice. Nothing wrong with both of them on, the car still look as good. Let just say do you really want to take a day off from work and go to the court cuz you decide not to put the plate on. hehehe

Old 06-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^ +1 Just put the front plate on. Keeping it off doesn't make it look as different as you think.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by vhtran
Why don't u put them both on and save the trouble? They are trained for those little things. Even you forget ur inspection or plate sticker they still notice. Nothing wrong with both of them on, the car still look as good. Let just say do you really want to take a day off from work and go to the court cuz you decide not to put the plate on. hehehe
Well I wouldn't mind really taking the day off if I had the chance of the cop not showing up or writing something wrong on the ticket to get me off the hook :P Besides, I don't have a job. I run my own businesses, time freedom <3

Old 06-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+2 I agree. Just mount the front plate and avoid all the trouble. That's what I do. I got popped twice for no front plate on other cars. Now I just put it on. It really isn't that bad. If it bothers you that much buy that plate mount that screws into your tow hook thing. That's what I did. I forgot who sells that plate mount.

EDIT: http://www.stillen.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=105470
Stillen sells one.

Last edited by JediRacer; 06-23-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So why is mounting the front plate such a big deal?

Old 06-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No offensive, but you got some stupid *** threads lol

Old 06-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
i dont know about the law in your state....but in california...having no license plate in the front of your car period is going to get ticketed. It doesnt matter if you put it on the front windshield or on your head, or you're sitting on it or anywhere else. If you're going to take the risk of not having it...then just dont have it on your front windshield at all...there is no point to this thread just as is there is no point putting in the windshield.....

Old 06-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AzianMakaveli
well, i have... neither but "A"...
to clarify, i have no front plate, but on the right corner windshield, i have a japanese custom plate that reads my team name. havnt got caught for that yet, suprisingly, being how i got a ticket TODAY for tint on front windows by the parking enforcment when i went out for lunch.
wait... parking enforcement can ticket you while your car is parked for illegal tints?

Old 06-23-2006, 06:13 PM
well in houston, they hardly ever pull over any high-end stock cars for not having the front license plates only. those kind of tickets are only add-ons after other crap. if your car looks at all modded, it almost seems like they find reasons to pull you over.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:44 PM
put that front plate on if u dont want hassles especially if u go out at night.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm about 15 months without the front plate and have been pinched once while parked infront of the house. It was like a parking ticket, perhaps it would be worse if it was a moving violation. I cant help it front license plates are increadibly annoying personally. Unless you got something to hide, 50 bucks is worth it every once in a while

Maybe if we all took off our license plates we could cause a revolution. The cops would be overwhelmed and we could storm the capital aptial ital

maybe, maybe, aby aby

mooka

"The hardest thing about ice skating it telling your parents you're gay"

- Ice Skater

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front license plate.which is more stealthy?