G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

P2135 and trip to the dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2135 and trip to the dealership

well i have been having problems with this code ever since i installed the copper iso therm-Mrev, i finally got fed up with not being able to reset the code which was the throttle body sensor- i took the car to the dealer and basicly was told that the throttle body needed to be replaced because the aftermarket part messed it up- they told me that i would need to change my throttle body for 700bucks plus 200 for labor- my car still runs fine and does not crap out or anything - i asked if it would cause any trouble but the guy told me that in time it could cause damage so i dont know- then i asked a question about the G running low on oil constantly and they told me you run out of oil if you go over 4000rpms and when you do, that is considered 'racing' or pushing the car 'hard'- so i learned something new- any thoughts on the throttle body thingy??

Old 07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
IMHO (keep in mind im no expert) theyre just saying that to make some quick cash..

no one else has ever had a problem

only other thing i can think of is maybe a factor defect?

it makes sense..cause no one else is having problems..

just my two cents

Old 07-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cochinogato
i asked a question about the G running low on oil constantly and they told me you run out of oil if you go over 4000rpms and when you do, that is considered 'racing' or pushing the car 'hard'-
That's the biggest crock of balogne I've ever heard. I run my car to 5000-6000rpm almost every day, and I dont use/lose any oil. It is also not racing, becuase if you don't do that where I live, you'll get rear-ended trying to get on the freeway.

Also, if you read the warranty disclaimer there is no such disclaimer or definition of what constitutes racing, etc. So if they tried to pull that on you, they'd be treading on very very very very thin ice.

I went through similar bull with the Acura dealer any my TL, but in the end they agreed with me and replaced my tranny free of charge.

You'd be surprised at what kind of crap dealers try to pull. The acura dealer tried to tell me that I needed 4 new tires because they were low, even though I already had 4 new tires installed the week before. Service advisor admitted he didn't look at tires, only was going by mileage.

On a separate occasion the dealer tried to tell me I needed to have the radiator flushd, because the coolant was dirty. I told them to look in their records and they'll see they replaced my radiator beause of a rock puncture less then 4 weeks prior. I asked how the coolant can be dirty... He didn't have an answer.

Different dealer tried to tell me that they need to perform the tranny flush, because it requries "special" equipment. I asked him to show me where in the service manual it says that, because I pointed out I own the factory service manuals... Again... No answer....

stealerships......