G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How do people think our pedals are for heal-toe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do people think our pedals are for heal-toe?

Seriosly i was never actually too great at this, but i got the point and i could pull it off decently in past cars. So tell me...is it just me, or are these pedals completly terrible for heal-toeing? I think its because the brake is higher then the gas pedal, as well as there a little to far apart. what does everyone think?

Old 09-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by logik05se
Seriosly i was never actually too great at this, but i got the point and i could pull it off decently in past cars. So tell me...is it just me, or are these pedals completly terrible for heal-toeing? I think its because the brake is higher then the gas pedal, as well as there a little to far apart. what does everyone think?
to do a proper heal toe you need to readjust the brake pedal. Normal car set up is not the best way.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts
i do it all the time. i think they are set up pretty good. i have tried it in my brother's 350z and it is a little bit more difficult.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:20 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
feels natural to toe heel in this car.. I don't know how you people heel toe though...

Old 09-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you barley start heel and toeing in the G, you seem to give it more break then necessary.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 AM
Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by jclit
When you barley start heel and toeing in the G, you seem to give it more break then necessary.
that for sure.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:34 AM
it's alot easier to do with my razo cf pedals...you could also adjust them so they're really close to each other but i like them like they are in the pic...

Attached Thumbnails How do people think our pedals are for heal-toe?-new-pictures8888888888-004.jpg  
Old 09-14-2006, 02:34 AM
This car is really easy to heal toe in. No adjustment is needed to do it properly. Maybe it's because of how you're doing it? But my buddy (ColdFusion) and I can heal toe our cars fairly naturally.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:35 AM
Well it's probably cuz i've been heal toeing for 3-4 years now lol?

Old 09-14-2006, 02:36 AM
With my previous car too I mean...

Old 09-14-2006, 08:02 AM
So tell me...is it just me, or are these pedals completly terrible for heal-toeing? I think its because the brake is higher then the gas pedal, as well as there a little to far apart. what does everyone think?

Maybe you aren't doing it correctly. "Heel-and-toe" is a misnomer. It actually involves the ball of your foot and the side of your foot. Sure the brake pedal is higher than the throttle pedal when not braking, but you'll find that when braking, the pedal will travel down to be nearly side by side with the throttle pedal. Here's a step by step description of how it should be done:

1. Begin braking for the corner with your right foot. The location of the pedals and the size of your foot will dictate where you position your foot on the pedal, but most likely it should be canted a little to the right, closer to the throttle pedal.

2. Push in the clutch with your left foot.

3. This is the hard part. With your right foot still applying pressure to the brakes, roll the outside edge of your foot outward and downward to touch the throttle pedal. Use the outside of your right foot to blip the throttle.

4. Release the clutch with your left foot.

Practice heel and toe when you car is parked so that you get accustomed to the correct position. I find the position of the brake and throttle pedals on my G35 coupe to be ideal for heel and toe. After some practice it will become second nature to you, and you'll do it without thinking. Some think that heel and toe is used just for racing, but actually it's used to execute smooth downshifts and to reduce wear and tear on your tranny.

Last edited by FAST1; 09-14-2006 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If you have a small foot then it's a terrible car to do heel and toe. Just change the pedal pads with some aftermarket pads. The one that has a picture above is a good example this will make heel and toe a little easier to do.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Wearing 12's heal and toe are a part of life..

Old 09-14-2006, 11:27 AM
lol well it seems it isnt the car....only other thing i can think of is because im always wearing dress shoes going to and coming from work so i guess thats got alot to do with it. And of course like i said, im no expert.

thanks for the feedback.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Evil Bastard
Originally Posted by FAST1
So tell me...is it just me, or are these pedals completly terrible for heal-toeing? I think its because the brake is higher then the gas pedal, as well as there a little to far apart. what does everyone think?

Maybe you aren't doing it correctly. "Heel-and-toe" is a misnomer. It actually involves the ball of your foot and the side of your foot. Sure the brake pedal is higher than the throttle pedal when not braking, but you'll find that when braking, the pedal will travel down to be nearly side by side with the throttle pedal. Here's a step by step description of how it should be done:

1. Begin braking for the corner with your right foot. The location of the pedals and the size of your foot will dictate where you position your foot on the pedal, but most likely it should be canted a little to the right, closer to the throttle pedal.

2. Push in the clutch with your left foot.

3. This is the hard part. With your right foot still applying pressure to the brakes, roll the outside edge of your foot outward and downward to touch the throttle pedal. Use the outside of your right foot to blip the throttle.

4. Release the clutch with your left foot.

Practice heel and toe when you car is parked so that you get accustomed to the correct position. I find the position of the brake and throttle pedals on my G35 coupe to be ideal for heel and toe. After some practice it will become second nature to you, and you'll do it without thinking. Some think that heel and toe is used just for racing, but actually it's used to execute smooth downshifts and to reduce wear and tear on your tranny.

to heal toe, you should go to a doctor, preferably a podiatrist. Hell, maybe a bandaid and some advil will fix most things.

To HEEL-TOE, follow the above directions. There is also another method, but the above is the most often used.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do people think our pedals are for heal-toe?