G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

brand new black g, wrecked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brand new black g, wrecked

well, it finally happened. someone sideswiped my car and took off. police have been notified as well as insurance.

my main question is to all of those of you out there who have had your g's repaired. can it ever really be made right? i am a FREAK about body work and panels lining up, ripples, waves and dents in the metal. I am so scared this will never be back to normal.

the damage is sort of minor i guess, the back right quarter panle and door.

just curious how others g's have looked after getting fixed.

i have lost sleep over this the last few night, it truly sickens me to look at.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:30 AM
lol im the same way. the front bumber will never allighn right

im on my second g my first one was hit hard in the front. rear bumper will also be off a litte. i just got ma new 06 ob coupe and it had a minor dent on the fender, the dealer repainted the fender. the paint job was sperb but still the alighnment is and also there are still waves in the paint.

black cars are the absolute worst to repaint. find a really good shop and make sure they do not buff the car right after painting because u will never repair the swirl marks

Old 09-22-2006, 10:38 AM
try having 1000's upon thousands of golf ball sized hails pounding at your car. The whoooooooole car was dented. IT looked like a damn golf ball aswell. I woke up one morning with pea sized hail hitting the window. I knew right away what was happening, I jumped up and grabbed some blankets and ran towards the garage. When the garage door was half way open the hail storm was full blast, 1000's upon thousands of hail hitting the car, i couldnt do a thing, the damage was already done. I literally felt sick to my stomach watching. I only had the car for 2 weeks.

Now it looks brand new, it was a used car. People say it looks better now than it did before. It alll depends on the place you take it. Dont look for a deal on the fix. If you can have your insurance just take it to the dealer. Pay your 500 or 1000 deductable and enjoy driving the hell out of your rental.
dont looks for a bargain when it comes to repairing your car.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
I got into an accident fairly recently. My rear quarter panel was clipped right at the wheel well. Took a crunching around the lip and pull marks all the way back to the bumper. The wheel was cooked also.

I went to a very reputable collision shop 30+ years (BBB accepted) the work is superb. I give the work 95 out of 100. I am fanatical about accuracy and the only place I found a flaw was just above the wheel well where multiple curves meet. The door, panel and bumper were stripped and repainted. They match it perfectly.

These guys have an open contract with a Bentley dealer. So I knew they were the ones to go to.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
There's alot of stories out there, about "oh the cars never the same" . Most of the time, thats bullsh*t. Take it to a reputable shop and have it done right.

This was my car , after the accident...

Guess what...It looks like this after the repairs...

Full suspension was fixed, and quarter panel and bumper was fixed. Our cars are unibody's, meaning, 1 piece. They had to saw off my quarter panel, then re-weld it. Its professional work bro, a good shop will know what theyre doing. Car drives the same way, feels the same way, no difference. So just take your car to a reputable shop, take a deep breath, and hand over the keys. Trust me, all will be well homie

Old 09-22-2006, 02:27 PM
chilibowl, from what i can see the car looks perfect but i want to know if they put all new parts on? I mean if its a new rear quarter panel and new rear bumper then i would expect it to look perfect. Or did they actually work the metal on the rear quarter panel?

Old 09-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear that.Car looks good though.!!

Old 09-22-2006, 04:03 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by black6mt06
well, it finally happened. someone sideswiped my car and took off. police have been notified as well as insurance.

my main question is to all of those of you out there who have had your g's repaired. can it ever really be made right? i am a FREAK about body work and panels lining up, ripples, waves and dents in the metal. I am so scared this will never be back to normal.

the damage is sort of minor i guess, the back right quarter panle and door.

just curious how others g's have looked after getting fixed.

i have lost sleep over this the last few night, it truly sickens me to look at.
Sorry to hear that man...take it to the right place and nobody will ever know she was hit....
G/L with repairs
C.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive always heard, it will never be the same.. but as for me ive had luck and just a small door ding on the side, could never tell it was there

Old 09-22-2006, 11:27 PM
I got my G hurt earlier this week. It's in the shop at a Lexus dealer. The dealer I bought my G from doesn't do bodywork anymore. I trust that dealership to make my car look and feel just like new.

Good luck with yours.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LIUser
ive always heard, it will never be the same.. but as for me ive had luck and just a small door ding on the side, could never tell it was there
this is somewhat true but that depends on how ur car is fixed & more importantly WHO fixes it.
some ppl use cheap aftermarket parts to fix there car
my advice to the guy who got side swiped do not i repeat DO NOT let the insurance company or body shop put a doorskin on ur car, tell them u want a whole new door, fight for it ...doorskin does not hold up well & will get ding by the smallest pebbles!!!

I buy salvage cars all the time & fix them & u can never tell!! my friend works in the bodyshop at the Nissan dealership in Brooklyn he is a perfectionist. I will post pic of my G before & after later tonight wen i get some time

Old 09-28-2006, 04:09 PM
well its in the shop and they are putting a door skin on it, i had to fight for that, they wanted to just repair the door. no way.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Whats a door skin?

Old 09-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
why does the title say its a black g that got wrecked ... lol Sorry to hear about this mishap. man =-(

Old 09-28-2006, 06:37 PM
um, because my g is black and it got hit by another car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: brand new black g, wrecked