G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Wreckless Driving Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fire your lawyer, save your money, Plead guilty, own up and admit that what you did was stupid and apologize, ask for a lesser fine or reduced infraction.

You'll be better off.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
a couple years ago i got nailed for reckless driving, reckless endangerment and transportation of minors, got my license owned for a year cuz i didnt think i needed a lawyer and wanted to save myself (well then my parents) some money... if u can afford it, yes get a lawyer and a good one... a good lawyer can get the sentence reduced to almost nothing but a slap on the wrist with a promise from you for something like this to never happen again... recently i got in a lot of trouble unfortunately, got my G impounded, then repo'ed by Nissan because it got impounded, had to pay Nissan 28k to get it back and then dropped 5k on a lawyer to get me out of trouble... long story short i got 2 felonies and one misdemeanor dropped to a single misdemeanor, so yes lawyers can do a lot, just make sure he knows what hes doing...

cops do their jobs, some cops are *******s tho and abuse their power like no other... my lawyer literally laughed when he saw that i was charged with for what i had done and simply said "man this cop must have really hated you."

dont plead guilty its terrible advice... if you get a lawyer the first thing hes going to do is contact the DA first or the clerk handling your case and try to work something out with them first. If they refuse to give u some sort of offer then it will go to court and your presence will be necessary, and again the lawyer will ask for him to reduce the charge, and at which point try to explain your a good kid, you know you messed up and your sorry and it wont happen again. You may think you can do this on your own but a lawyer has much better weight in court, and no it wont show your admitting guilt, but that your concerned about what happened and dont want it to go on your record and your prepared to make it long and painful to make sure u dont get nailed for this. The DA or the judge wont like sending time on something so insignificant because they have larger fish to fry and so they'll be more inclinded to work something out with you...

Get a good lawyer fight it, ur charge is no joke and can really fvck u over in the long run, dont trust that the judge will go easy on you, some of them are real as$holes, if you want a good shot at getting off easy get a lawyer

Old 09-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Have your lawyer plea it down to a 1 point moving violation, and go to traffic school. Expensive, but not compared to the insurance increase you would otherwise have.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:00 PM
I was driving on the gardiner last week in toronto, and this cop in a uniform was driving a G like he just confiscated the thing. at least put a ****in different shirt on over the uniform if youre gonna do that. Was that anyone on here? it was a DG coupe

Old 09-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zeroscythe
and at which point try to explain your a good kid, you know you messed up and your sorry and it wont happen againr
Originally Posted by G35obsessed
then i have to make a sharp turn around a median and i fish tail it around just to show off. (keep in mind ive done this multiple times before)
uh huh. he needs to spend some time in jail with Bubba to teach him a lesson. I do'nt want that stupid fvcker on the streets so he can run me over thinking he's all hard in his mommy's car.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Not necessarily a good idea. If you have a mohawk, tatoos and look like trouble - I understand, but if your clean cut and somewhat innocent looking - it is to your advantage to show up. It shows your responsible for your actions and have been humbled by your mistake.

The Judge will not like you being represented to begin with, and your humbled words could make all the difference. Having the lawyer show up for you shows your spoiled and couldn't care much about him and what he does - at this age, you should show him and the officer some respect...that IS how the whole process will start...so you'll be at a negative to begin with.

Think about it...

I've been to court to fight LOTS of tickets in the past 21+ years - and have never lost and have NEVER used a lawyer...and some of my tickets were far worse than yours.

Rick
^+1. Good common sense.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:32 PM
why would you post this here? its these g opwners that give us the bad rep we dont want.

seriosuly - go to court early, talk to the da. tell him you have a (hopefully this is right or youre screwed) clean record and want to plead down in order to receive a guilty. ask for something like unsafe lane change. this will get you a series of dates with traffic school, etc. - sounds like something you need anyway.

good that your dad took the g away. hope this is tuition paid for stupidity. why go to an import meet anyway with a g? stop trying to show off your car, just be happy you have a g and not some hoopty your pops should have given you so you learn respect for the automobile.

Last edited by gspothawaii; 09-29-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah guys I appreciate all your input, ive been kicking my self in the a$$ since i did it. And the worse part is that my dad took my G away till after the court date. (Oct. 17th) Hopefully everything goes ok... I dont even have to go to the court date because my attorney is going for me. My dad says if he can't get this reduced to almost nothing than im gonna have to sell my baby. Wish me luck

so like um, you mean it's his car and he lets you use it. if it were your car he couldn't

a) take it away
b) sell it

lol

Old 09-29-2006, 04:20 PM
If the lawyer says he wants to go there himself, that could actually be a good thing. That most likely means that your lawyer knows the DA, the judge, or both, and they will most likely be willing to work something out as far as a plea bargain with your attorney, out of professional courtesy. You may be living in a suburban setting also for this to be true (in most cases).

It may be a good idea to accompany your attorney anyway, and remain out in the hall, just in case your attorney wanted to ask you something, you would be there to provide an immediate answer. You would also be primarily involved in YOUR matter.

Having a felony is very bad, your life is basically over (seriously). Even if you were to somehow escape jail-time for a felony (which I believe is 2 years minimum in most states, misdemeanors being minimum of 1 year?), you will have to explain yourself at all job interviews that you've been charged with a felony. Your professional career will also be non-existent (in case you ever planned to go to medical school, law school, or get your MBA for example). A misdemeanor will also have similar consequences for you. If you were to serve jail time, most employers (except maybe Burker King and Arby's) will ask for a resume. You don't want to have "Dec 2006-Dec2007 - County Jail - Received numerous insertions into the a$$" as an entry on there, nestled between your jobs at BestBuy and CompUSA.

I know a lot of people on here wish to see you get fried becuase of your age and what you've done. But trust me, a lot of us have made a lot of mistakes when we were younger. The nature of our law is that it can be interpreted in different ways. The court's ultimate goal is to get you to plea guilty, but your concern is which charges you're pleaing guilty to. This is how the plea bargain works with the DA...he wants you to plea guilty, so he will offer lower charges (as a bargain) to get you to plea guilty to those. Your attorney does this for a living, bargaining for lower charges. He will know how to bargain for lower chargers. Most attorney's have a goal of no charges at all, and they work up from there, and the DA starts with the maximum charges, and they meet somewhere in between. The extremes are the lowest possible chances.

Last edited by stillen_i30; 09-29-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Don't be an idiot and go in their and plead guilty without your lawyer. I have seen many really bad offenses get marked down because my friends parents had money and could afford to get them a lawyer. This will get dropped down, not to nothing, but at least you wont have it that bad. The lawyer going to court for you is a smart idea. $ will always win in court. Your going to be fine. You will get in some trouble but youll be okay.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Yo whats up guys... Im about to turn 20 and my grandmother wants to get me something for my car. I just need to know wether i should get an Injen or an AEM cold air intake system. I'd love to hear any opinions. Thanks
Yeah im 17 and i got a G but i live in North carolina and i only know of 4 around my city.

Yeah man im 17 with a 03 coupe and my senior year starts in a couple of days.... i can't wait
Yo i am 18 years old and i have an 03 MT coupe with minor mods

OKAY WTF!!! HOW OLD ARE YOU FOR REALS...

Old 09-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Just an FYI to you VA people...

Reckless driving in Virginia is misdemeanor and is a 6 point DMV violation that stays on your record for 11 years!

Most insurance companies will also put you in high risk premium category which could mean thousands of dollars extra each year for auto insurance.

Finally you should always get a lawyer for something like this, and a lawyer that actually has experience and knows district/commonwealth attorney's or judges in your jurisdiction will charge between $1500-$2500 for this defense.

Its a very expensive mistake.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned
Lawyer is good. For you, he will most likely get the charge lowered which you will appreciate. I had a ticket lowered to reckless driving and was happy with it.

About misdemeaners or felonies on your record. I guess reckless isn't that bad b/c i just got hired at fortune 141 company this week and i know i had background and drug test done. Anyhow we all need to know money makes the world go 'roun. If you have the disposable funds you better use them

Old 09-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Here in Texas, you can get something called "deferred adjudication", basicly, you say, "I did it" but if you keep your nose clean for ninety days, it doesn't go on your record. You still get to pay the fine and court costs and really, that's all they want anyway.

A judge (family friend) once told me " never cop to a reckless driving charge, they are the hardest to prove".

Old 09-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
GUILTY!
LOL!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wreckless Driving Ticket