G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Wreckless Driving Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wreckless Driving Ticket

Yo i am 18 years old and i have an 03 MT coupe with minor mods (Rims, Cool air intake, injen exahaust, tinted windows) and i decided one night that i was gonna go to a local "ricer" get together to show them all whats up. And after i stay'd a while and got all the oo's and aa's i wanted i decide to leave. So i pull up at a stoplight near the parking light and take off quick... then i have to make a sharp turn around a median and i fish tail it around just to show off. (keep in mind ive done this multiple times before) and all of a sudden i see blue lights behind me from an undercover 2006 V8 mustang. He gives me a wreckless driving ticket and a court date? I am paying for an attorney to try and drop the charge... what kind of luck do i have of getting it reduced to nothing keeping in mind that its my first charge on anything.

Any imput would be appreciated

Old 09-28-2006, 08:27 PM
If you lived in Virginia, I'd say you're fvcked, no question. But NC is a much less communist state, so you might get out of it. Even so, it still may be difficult to beat something like this. If you had just floored it from a stoplight, or were caught simply speeding, you could make the case that you weren't really trying to show off and maybe they'd plea you down or drop it. But fishtailing around medians on purpose is an entirely different level of dangerous driving and clearly demonstrates that you were showboating for spectators, some of whom might have even been hurt if you had messed up. If I were the judge I wouldn't let you off, but definitely get you a good lawyer and maybe he can at least plea you down.

And did I mention that you're about to get totally fvcked on insurance?

Old 09-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
My mom got the same ticket except she was in her stupid A$$ mini van that she loves so much (F*cking thing sucks ***** and everyone hates it except her) so desided to do a u-turn in front of a cop then cut off some guy and merge 3 lanes of traffic.

Cop puller her over and gave her a reckless driving ticket hahaha i would say your screwed on this one. Its not a fun ticket to have!

Old 09-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Brian
Is a wreckless driving as bad for your insurance as a "major accident" is, or worse?

Old 09-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry buddy, you were the big guy to show off in your G, and you were caught, and now you gotta pay the price, like the big boy you are. You gotta pay to play homeboy...

Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chilibowl
Sorry buddy, you were the big guy to show off in your G, and you were caught, and now you gotta pay the price, like the big boy you are. You gotta pay to play homeboy...
+ 2

Old 09-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You hired an attorney in an attempt to drop the charges? Save on the legal fees and pay the fine(s). Good luck to you.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:41 PM
you have a chance-

Originally Posted by G35obsessed
Yo i am 18 years old and i have an 03 MT coupe with minor mods (Rims, Cool air intake, injen exahaust, tinted windows) and i decided one night that i was gonna go to a local "ricer" get together to show them all whats up. And after i stay'd a while and got all the oo's and aa's i wanted i decide to leave. So i pull up at a stoplight near the parking light and take off quick... then i have to make a sharp turn around a median and i fish tail it around just to show off. (keep in mind ive done this multiple times before) and all of a sudden i see blue lights behind me from an undercover 2006 V8 mustang. He gives me a wreckless driving ticket and a court date? I am paying for an attorney to try and drop the charge... what kind of luck do i have of getting it reduced to nothing keeping in mind that its my first charge on anything.

i dont know about what other people are saying that you should just shut up and pay...your looking at thousands of dollars of insurance hike (2pts in Cali) for at least 3 years and maybe even 9 years if the dmv keeps it on that long. you should definitely go to court...i don't know if you need a lawyer, that might give the wrong impression to the judge. if you go in acting like you are truly sorry and you dont normally do this, given your record he might give you traffic school to take one point off the violation and maybe even reduce it to something like 'exhibition of speed', that might be the same thing. anyway good luck and definitely try to get it reduced...

Old 09-28-2006, 10:03 PM
First of all, it is RECKLESS, not "wreckless."

Anyway, I thought that in most states, they impound your vehicle if you are charged with reckless driving? If so, then you should probably be glad yours was not. Good luck.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G35obsessed

yeah, VA would say "bend over and spread those cheeks wide for us"

Old 09-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Owned

Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Dam that blows.!!

Old 09-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blackbird V35
Owned
LOL

Old 09-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Dang 18 years old and trying to fight a reckless driving ticket? Good luck the judge will eat you up. Don't worry been there done that got the ticket myself when I was 19!

Old 09-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lesson learned I guess - cops stake out and watch meets...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wreckless Driving Ticket