G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

30k Service - What they do and for $495?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
30k Service - What they do and for $495?

Hey..
So I am going in for my 30k mile service.. the guy basically tells me beyond rotating the tires? I thought mine are unidirectional, guess they flip the front with the rears ... that for $495 they will... do the checks.. you know.. check door hinges, blah blah blah, move up the brakes he says... but basically they will...

Change the in cabin air filter (behind the glove box the guy says)
Change the transmission fluid
Change the oil and filter
Check (and replace?) the wipers

Sounds like a huge rip off to me.. this is Competition Infinity in Smithtown, NY ... is this necessary for warranty? Am I getting ripped? Any suggestions/ ideas?

Chris

Old 09-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Old 09-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Old 09-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks.. question, does it void our warranty if we do not have a 30k servicing done?

I gather all we really should do is have them change the oil and Automatic Transmission fluid...

Then we change the in cabin filter and the engine air filter and call it done?

Chris

Old 09-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they bend you over and rape you.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol they sure will! I clean my cold air intake and in cabin myself...soem maf sensor cleaner is useful too

i will most likely have the trans, coolant, diff. flush done elsewhere for cheaper (if/when i feel its needed)

Old 09-30-2006, 03:43 PM
but.. but.. but ... does this void warranty to not get the "30k service" performed and just have him do the tranny fluid and oil and filter and I do the engine filter and cabin filter?

by the way.. noway should coolant need to be done already.. your good for ATLEAST 4+ years before needing to do that...

Old 09-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by LI-G35Driver
Hey..
So I am going in for my 30k mile service.. the guy basically tells me beyond rotating the tires? I thought mine are unidirectional, guess they flip the front with the rears ... that for $495 they will... do the checks.. you know.. check door hinges, blah blah blah, move up the brakes he says... but basically they will...

Change the in cabin air filter (behind the glove box the guy says)
Change the transmission fluid
Change the oil and filter
Check (and replace?) the wipers

Sounds like a huge rip off to me.. this is Competition Infinity in Smithtown, NY ... is this necessary for warranty? Am I getting ripped? Any suggestions/ ideas?

Chris
just take a trip down to massapequa next time you'll enjoy your stay here! it's nice to have all the maintainence done -- it's like not taking yourself to the doctor for a checkup so you're always keeping yourself in good shape. 30k mile service does go way beyond that

Old 10-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it will voids your warranty because it doesn't say in the owner's manual that the service is mandatory.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:13 AM
So, if your car is still under B2B warranty, you still have to PAY for the 30k service?

I got my BMW 10 years ago (getting a G35c now, but used), and I got my 30k service done for free, cause the car was under warranty. 60k service was not free, so I never got it done. Ever. Car has 188k miles on it and is in decent enough shape.

Ridiculous that the competition has been doing the 30k service for free for about 10 years or more and Infiniti isn't doing it.

Brain21

Old 10-01-2006, 03:21 AM
i dont think it will void your warranty but it can potentialy lead to breakdowns if u dont get these services done, plus its your car man, take care of it...

Old 10-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't it amazing how much maintenance is required on cars when you have to pay for it, and how little maintenance is required on cars like Audis and BMWs when there's no maintenance charge for the first 4yrs/50K miles. A good example of a ripoff is pad changes. Most Dealers will tell you that they have to change the rotors when they change the pads. Total BS and just a way to suck some extra money out of their customers' pockets. Hell I just got a call from Infiniti telling me that I'm due for a 15 month checkup. What the hell is a 15 month checkup? I think it's more like a 15 month holdup.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:45 PM
funny, +1>

Originally Posted by FAST1
Isn't it amazing how much maintenance is required on cars when you have to pay for it, and how little maintenance is required on cars like Audis and BMWs when there's no maintenance charge for the first 4yrs/50K miles. A good example of a ripoff is pad changes. Most Dealers will tell you that they have to change the rotors when they change the pads. Total BS and just a way to suck some extra money out of their customers' pockets. Hell I just got a call from Infiniti telling me that I'm due for a 15 month checkup. What the hell is a 15 month checkup? I think it's more like a 15 month holdup.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:59 PM
When I hit 30K i too contemplated takign it in to the dealer. For mine they wanted upwards of 750, some dealers requested 950 in the area. I said hellz no. All I had one was the differential fluid changed and oil change at the dealer. At home, I changed the air filter, in-cabin filter and sprayed throttle body cleaner into the TB while someone gassed the car. I will have the coolant changed elsewhere at a private mechanic. My warranty is still in full-effect. As long as you are having the car serviced REGULARLY, meaning at least the OIL changes done, will keep the warranty going.

The only other thing i can say is that most service writers will determine whether or not to honor warranty claims (which is not fair since its not really THEIR decision). Some service writers will say NO if they see that your record doesnt show major service items. Others will not care and will honor your claims, so it depends on your SW/dealer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 30k Service - What they do and for $495?