Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duhhhh

Originally Posted by ChazM
Damn right, first try.

I think the tc in the background gave it away. I don't think i could pick out the tc's exhaust and I own one now.
It kinda helped that there was another one in the background genious.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by X-Vert
It's not my scion, nor do I know the guy/girl that owns it so dont tell me what I should do. I didnt sign up on these forums to defend that car... look at the join date genius.

I know people will give positive and negative opinions on something, but thats not what I was trying to say. My point was that all you guys are whining about a tC rocking some G tail lights, crying about how it's a "wanna be".
Did I say anything negative about the car? No! You troll around the boards and offer nothing about the G except for some picture that took you 8 hours to draw. Do you even own a G? So your little quote about ^ is it hitting a little close to home? My point is don't bother posting useless crap like you did with "omg I own a G blah blah blah""you guys are stuck up blah blah blah". And if you want to hug on that guys nuts go do it on the TC board!!!

Old 10-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
lol I am sorry but that is just terrible. why would you make your car look like another more expensive car? is it just an excuse to get people to look at your car twice so they realize it is in fact NOT a G35? Then laugh at you as I know I would if I saw it. i know a few people put lambo doors on their cars and such, but that in my opinion is retarded as well, we don't have a lambo. You guys do not have a G35. Why waste money on that mod when if you really wanted a G..save the money you wasted on a down payment.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:46 PM
T35
Originally Posted by rAizE2k
lol I am sorry but that is just terrible. why would you make your car look like another more expensive car? is it just an excuse to get people to look at your car twice so they realize it is in fact NOT a G35? Then laugh at you as I know I would if I saw it. i know a few people put lambo doors on their cars and such, but that in my opinion is retarded as well, we don't have a lambo. You guys do not have a G35. Why waste money on that mod when if you really wanted a G..save the money you wasted on a down payment.
You answered your own question there Einstein... For the exact reason that people have to look twice to realize that it is in fact NOT a G35 (unless of course you look at the front first) ... Why is it so complicated to understand that this was NOT done to irritate current G35 owners, and as you said yourself we COULD have just used that money on the down payment for a G35, but we DIDN'T, and what purpose would that serve? Money has already been put into the tC before that, so why waste that money? How is just buying a G35 unique? How is just merely owning a G35 gonna win cars shows? Even if we did just put money in to a G35 if we were to get one, we would just be doing something similar... Because we can... So forgive me if I don't understand your point...

Old 10-23-2006, 04:11 PM
looks like the body shop did a good job.

i wouldn't worry about what other people say, as long as you and your fiancee are happy with the results, thats all that matters. it's not even worth your time to try and defend your motives, cuz people will always have their own opinion (positive... and negative) save your energy and efforts.

i personally think its kinda cool.

No reason to hate guys... i always think imitation is the biggest form of flattery...

Old 10-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
first time seeing this post.. looks cool to me.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by T35
You answered your own question there Einstein... For the exact reason that people have to look twice to realize that it is in fact NOT a G35 (unless of course you look at the front first) ... Why is it so complicated to understand that this was NOT done to irritate current G35 owners, and as you said yourself we COULD have just used that money on the down payment for a G35, but we DIDN'T, and what purpose would that serve? Money has already been put into the tC before that, so why waste that money? How is just buying a G35 unique? How is just merely owning a G35 gonna win cars shows? Even if we did just put money in to a G35 if we were to get one, we would just be doing something similar... Because we can... So forgive me if I don't understand your point...
What I meant by that was if someone looks at the car and notices it looks like a G because of the tailights they will quickly notice it is a fake and not a G, rather a scion tC trying to look like a G, which in my opinion is quite sad. Like I said, people who put lambo doors on their cars and **** look retarded as we do not have a lambo. Putting unique parts that make your car look different than other cars is a lot better then putting on parts that you took from another car. I never said buying a G35 is unique, but in all honesty it is better then a Scion - you can't deny that. I never said having a G will win car shows, but if you waste money into a Scion making it look like a G you most definately will be the laughing stock of most car enthusiasts(sp?) on the road. It's like seeing someone put an M badge on a 330i. It just shouldn't be done. Maybe you mis-understood my sentance about the down payment. If you have a Scion, there is no problem with that. But if you want a G, instead of wasting money on the Scion save up some more cash with the money you just wasted on the tail lights for a new car such as the G and sell the Scion. Understand now?

Old 10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
T35
Originally Posted by rAizE2k
What I meant by that was if someone looks at the car and notices it looks like a G because of the tailights they will quickly notice it is a fake and not a G, rather a scion tC trying to look like a G, which in my opinion is quite sad. Like I said, people who put lambo doors on their cars and **** look retarded as we do not have a lambo. Putting unique parts that make your car look different than other cars is a lot better then putting on parts that you took from another car. I never said buying a G35 is unique, but in all honesty it is better then a Scion - you can't deny that. I never said having a G will win car shows, but if you waste money into a Scion making it look like a G you most definately will be the laughing stock of most car enthusiasts(sp?) on the road. It's like seeing someone put an M badge on a 330i. It just shouldn't be done. Maybe you mis-understood my sentance about the down payment. If you have a Scion, there is no problem with that. But if you want a G, instead of wasting money on the Scion save up some more cash with the money you just wasted on the tail lights for a new car such as the G and sell the Scion. Understand now?
hmmmm, while i do not agree with what your saying i still understand your point of interest, its the interest you have in your point that i don't get ... the fact that you find it sad is no concern of mine, what i think is sad is that people can't read (you) the conversion is LITERALLY the ENTIRE back end of a G35, INCLUDING the wires, bumper, bumper cover, & most important, the tail lights... so nothing on that car is FAKE by any means, the only thing FAKE is that fact that your trying to convince ME (one of the people included in this project) that what we did was WRONG or POINTLESS... AGAIN as i stated in the first place you are answering yourself, the POINT of this car is car shows, car shows judge based on quality and being UNIQUE, i understand that just buying a "G" is not unique but buying a tC and putting the "G" back end on it is, find me another tC with an ORIGINAL G35 back end on it (and for the record that tC with the BMW front is a body kit, NOT custom work) you won't be able to... so AGAIN i apologize if this car offends you, or pisses you off for that matter, but you have really two options, keep your negative opinions to yourself without repeating it time and time again without putting some REAL logic behind it... second you are more than welcome to compete against this "T35" in a show if you are so sure that its NOT better than a G35 (competition wise, seeing as i ALREADY stated that the G35 performs better)...

Old 10-24-2006, 11:12 AM
T35
Originally Posted by superdave0096
looks like the body shop did a good job.

i wouldn't worry about what other people say, as long as you and your fiancee are happy with the results, thats all that matters. it's not even worth your time to try and defend your motives, cuz people will always have their own opinion (positive... and negative) save your energy and efforts.

i personally think its kinda cool.

No reason to hate guys... i always think imitation is the biggest form of flattery...
Hey well thanks for the props (from me and the fiance) we are very happy with the work, the only thing that was different from what she wanted was the airbrushing on the side of the car, it was only suppose to be a pinstripe in the side (painted) to differentiate between the two colors, its hard to tell in the pics but the paint is two tone, blue on top and black on the bottom, so we are going to get it repainted, and his logo wasn't suppose to be like that on the back of the car, but that is miner stuff...yeah people say that its not worth my time to defend myself, its not like i need to... they are making themselves look bad, i just like pointing it out and adding to it, i just like showing that the "young bucks" can do some cool stuff to without being an idiot...and your right imitation is the biggest form of flattery... to people with an open mind...

Old 10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Btw i love the rims.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:41 AM
I like it, nice work!

Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Thank you for all the compliments and opinions EVERYONE!!! =)

Old 10-30-2006, 02:52 PM
I just posted more pix of it at different angles...check it out!!!

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/view...asc&&start=100