G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

too much power for a 16 year old?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 03:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
see the thing is... you asked if its too much power??? heck naw... not too much power. see the thing about it is... i am fairly confident in saying that most if not all of the 16 year olds here that have gotten a G... haven't bought it with their own money... they are just spoiled lil biatches. haha i know i know i aint flaming im one of those spoiled kids... but i got mine when i was 17 and i did a lot of stupid **** to my car. already replaced the clutch and flywheel which cost around 2 grand and got into an accident with a minivan and ended payin close to 6 g's...

so after hearing my story... if the G is gonna be the kids first car... hellllll nawww... get him a ricer or something... trust me... you'll thank me later when he crashes his ricer civic instead of a $35000 car!!!!!

Old 10-25-2006, 03:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hardly call a 16 year old boy who got a G35 spoiled and rich. He's just comfortable.

Now a 16 year old getting an M6? That's spoiled.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:59 AM
u think that's bad? I know a 18 yr old with a Gallardo...
yes.. it's his...
completely his
he's crashed it 5x... for the record

is the G too much for a 16yr old?
if ur a good driver.. nope..
otherwise, I'd suggest u stick with something less fast... my frist car was a Cooper S...
that was a great learning experience
FF and safe

Old 10-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Banned
No

Originally Posted by brianyun
do you guys think a g35 is too much power for a 16 year old? just want to hear some opinions
No, but if your try to put on ricie mods and bling wheels like the rest of the kids I will kill. lol.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:50 AM
if its his first car yes it is too much. its best of he starts off with something more less like a honda. Chances are if he gets into an accident, you will indeed regret it with a G. Trust me, i know.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:03 AM
hey i got mine when i was 17 and now im 18....juss be careful and treat it well

Old 10-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Thats funny I was going 145 two weeks ago...

Its fast if you wanna make it fast by pushing it. Personally, I dont think any 16 year old should be learning and driving on this car.

I first started driving a sh!tty white mini-van

but it took you 2miles to hit that 145.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by ilyaat
hotdiggidydamn those darn rich kids. DONATE TO THE POOR U TARDS and dont buy anything UNTIL YOU CAN AFFORD IT! (as in payments, insurance, etc)
rich kids? obviously you havent been to mission san jose in fremont. where m3s are given out to children at an alarming rate.
my 2nd car was a vette. i was 17. obviously that didnt go to well. a 35k car isnt much. its like getting an is300 no biggie.when you get into like 60k+ thats when you wonder

Old 10-25-2006, 10:09 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I wuold say yes it is to much for a kit that age plus insurance is gonna be high as anything

Old 10-25-2006, 10:11 AM
i think this question is kinda silly because you're going to have answers across a wide spectrum here. that's almost like asking if alcohol is a addicting. of course you're going to have people that have control and those that binge or those that can't function without some tequilla in their morning coffee. i think a decent car with that much horsepower is fine, but not a 40k car. they need to stop spoiling these kids. get him a nice rustang or an older beemer. hell, even an older infiniti that's in good shape. i think a 20k car should be appropriate. meanwhile, let the rest of the money that you would've spent on the g accumulate some interest. then when he's older and more mature (hopefully) drop that money on an M5.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
I'm 16 and have a g35. it all comes down to maturity. i've had the car for 7 months and have had no accidents.
my dad sent me to an advanced driving school out in Irwindale, which definitely put driving into perspective for me. another important factor is <b>not bending</b> under peer presssure.
if someone tries to get you to race or something stupid like that, then just ignore that person.
as long as you are mature, then get the car. otherwise ur better off looking for a civic.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:22 AM
2 miles damn

Old 10-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyserby
Personally i think that after a few days with this car anyone can learn to drive it properly, but its not even that, its the maturity level...

if you have any sort of showoff mentality (which a lot of kids at 16 have, especially with cars) i guarantee you will wrap it around a pole
I got my car for my 16th birthday-- I drove it around with my parents for awhile then got my licence about 4 months later (that was torture)

Its a really nice car for most 16 year olds, I think I was the exception. It got me into a lot of trouble around campus and with police... everyones jealous of a young kid with a hot car, even (and especially) people on these forums.

Now I'll be 19 next saturday, and because of my G35, I've learned a TON about cars, found a new hobby and money pit, but still have my 3 year old G35 coupe with a clean record, one minor speeding ticket, and still looks brand new at 25,000 miles.

It just depends on your kid... It may force them into responsability or you may have to have a kid who already has it. I didn't really have it at the time, but learned it real quick.

And yeah I showed off quite a bit, I mean that exhaust sounds nice! but I was smart about it, Wouldn't squeel the tires, or go more that 5 miles over the speed limit (but damn it i'd hit it up there)

Its not stupid, but at the same time if your considering a new one, its a pricey choice. there are plunty of other still very fast, and cool cars that aren't so luxury.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I had a 400+hp 1979 Monte Carlo when I was 16. That was the first time I saw 150mph. I was lucky, I'm still here. If the power is there, sooner or later, you're going to use it. At 16, the temptation is too great and the experience is lacking.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:21 PM
I am only 16 and i have my g and yes that is my frist car and its stick shift....
I started driving when i was 12 in my country and there is not lot of atomatic cars there in ARMENIA my dad tought me how to drive and when i came to this country i saw that car and i loved it and i said thats gonn be my first car and my dad got me on my 16 birthday......... its not too much for 16 years old.... if u know how to drive my cuzin got a m3 when he was 16..... and my car won the first place at my school.... but i dont drive to school with that cuz they hate to much they willl key ur shyt l0l buy ya/.////.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: too much power for a 16 year old?