G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What is wrong with my car??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is wrong with my car??

One day after i washed my car i turn on my car, the slip light, the set light(green light in the right on top of the fuel guage), and the ses light came on. So i turn it off and try to start it again, to my demise, this time all the same lights except for the set light comes on, and to add no throttle response, wouldnt go past 1.2k rpms. So again i start my car again, to find that now only the ses light comes on and i can drive it. I drive to lacrosse practice and find that my car's idle is about 100 rpms and finally it dies as i am waiting for my light. I turn on my car on twice to have failure in throttle response and later stalling, and finally i get it running again to drive to the infiniti dealer. However since i have an turbo installed on my car, they cannot fix the problem. The codes that they gave me was p0605, p2138, and p1564. Dealer says they cant fix the problem, so i have to drive all the way to Rancho Cucamonga to get it checked out by the guys at GTM. This is really gay considering that i just got my car retuned 2 days before it happened. I just hope i can get this thing fixed and never have something like this happen again!

Neways, Can anyone that knows what the codes are tell me what could be the problem? Dealer told me it had something to do with the ecu and throttle. Im bringing my car to GTM, if i can drive it there, hopefully, to get it fixed.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bigkrnxboi
One day after i washed my car i turn on my car, the slip light, the set light(green light in the right on top of the fuel guage), and the ses light came on. So i turn it off and try to start it again, to my demise, this time all the same lights except for the set light comes on, and to add no throttle response, wouldnt go past 1.2k rpms. So again i start my car again, to find that now only the ses light comes on and i can drive it. I drive to lacrosse practice and find that my car's idle is about 100 rpms and finally it dies as i am waiting for my light. I turn on my car on twice to have failure in throttle response and later stalling, and finally i get it running again to drive to the infiniti dealer. However since i have an turbo installed on my car, they cannot fix the problem. The codes that they gave me was p0605, p2138, and p1564. Dealer says they cant fix the problem, so i have to drive all the way to Rancho Cucamonga to get it checked out by the guys at GTM. This is really gay considering that i just got my car retuned 2 days before it happened. I just hope i can get this thing fixed and never have something like this happen again!

Neways, Can anyone that knows what the codes are tell me what could be the problem? Dealer told me it had something to do with the ecu and throttle. Im bringing my car to GTM, if i can drive it there, hopefully, to get it fixed.
Ah, so you were the one at the Dealer yesterday night. I was the one in the black leather coat and the DG Coupe. Sorry can't help with the code, but thought I say Howdy

-Nick

Old 11-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Sounds sort of like the problem Kamal had. Kamal if you are reading this chime in.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to have an issue like that when I had my GS. Disconnect the battery. Witht he battery disconnected, press down on the brake for like 15 -20 seconds. then reconnect the battery. You have have to drive your car for a while for it to re-learn how you accellerate. This used to do it for me when My G would act up. At least it'll get you to the dealer. It turned out that my Lex had a bad TPS ( throttle positioning Sensor ).

Hope this helps.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
air flow meter might be bad, try cleaning it

Old 11-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maaloxx
I used to have an issue like that when I had my GS. Disconnect the battery. Witht he battery disconnected, press down on the brake for like 15 -20 seconds. then reconnect the battery. You have have to drive your car for a while for it to re-learn how you accellerate. This used to do it for me when My G would act up. At least it'll get you to the dealer. It turned out that my Lex had a bad TPS ( throttle positioning Sensor ).

Hope this helps.
I don't think you can resest the ECU by this method on the G35. You have to go through a specific reset procedure. Press the gas pedal, wait 7 seconds, etc etc. The instructions are listed somewhere.