G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Front License Plate People

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 03:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Front License Plate People

For those of you who have the front license plate holder on your G's: Do you have two drill holes in your bumper?

My car came with the front license plate holder installed. I was looking behind the holder today and I noticed that it had two drill holes directly in the bumper. One of the holes goes all the way through the bumper while the other one goes halfway (The hole isnt all the way punched through).

Is this normal? Or did they mess up?

Thanks Guys.

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6M/T
Premium - Navi - Aero - Trunk Mat

Old 11-12-2003, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Front License Plate People

This IS (unfortunately) normal. Dealer will screw front plate holder right into the bumper. I wish dealer asked me before installing! There is an alternate mounting assembly that attaches through the access hole on front bumper (& does not require ruining the bumper cover), but I think it is rather expensive. Someone else here may have more info on the alternate plate holder....

04 G35c DP/Willow, aero, prem, guards......

Old 11-12-2003, 08:24 AM

Go to Grubbs Infiniti's website or Courtesy Nissan and you'll find the alternate license plate holder. It's about $60. I don't currently have my front plate (Thank GOD!!!) but I might have to get it soon. Haven't gotten a ticket yet *knock on wood*. I was lucky that I picked up my car so late at night that the techs had all gone home already. No one was there to drill my bumper.

Old 11-12-2003, 03:47 PM
JED

Go to the StricklyZ site you see advertised at the top of this site and search for the G35C front bracket package. It's $60, but well worth it. It's well thought out/designed, excellent materials, and amazingly comes with all the tools! I have one.

Old 11-12-2003, 03:59 PM

My car came off the center of the showroom, and didn't have a plate holder on the front. I'm in CA, so it's required, but not enforced well (at least in my area). They gave me a kit that does mount the holder to the bumper, but I haven't put it on.

03.5 Coupe - Black/Willow, 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, Sat

Old 11-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Alumni****

go with the StrictlyZ bracket. i've had it on my car ever since i purchased it and it works wonders. if you live in an area where front license plates are required (in CA), then this is your best bet. highly durable and haven't had one problem with it since day one. here's the link:

http://strictlyz.com/customer/produc...e43705861ddaac

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-13-2003, 03:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing is that the bolts arent attached to my bumper. I can pull the license holder back a little and I see the holes that are drilled into my bumper, but there is nothing going into them, except the bolt just resting against the bumper.

I will attach some pics a little later when I get time. Can someone else confirm this? Or should I not be able to pull the holder back and see the holes with no bolts in them?

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6M/T
Premium - Navi - Aero - Trunk Mat

Old 11-13-2003, 02:48 PM

Hi:

If the holes have been drilled, the "avoidable" damage has been done. Thus, you would be wasting your money to get the $60 drill free license plate adapter.

An enterprising individual can make a "whole free" front license plate mount using the stock front license plate holder, some thin metal strips, screws, wing nuts and 1/4 inch weather stripping. This way nothing is mounted into the recessed tow screw adapter which might misalign it in a minor fender bender.

<font color=green>6 MT ~ (DP w/ WL)</font color=green>