G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tire blow out, F1 mtsports bad cust serv.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 05:09 PM
-2006 IP GT350-
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
oh shiit...nice info. i was going to call F1 on some volk's. give me some info's on that placed called status auto...

Old 12-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by destroyer714
oh shiit...nice info. i was going to call F1 on some volk's. give me some info's on that placed called status auto...
They're out in Hermosa beach, phone: 310-937-8382, I heard alex goes on these boards, but I called and worked with Dave.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
STATUS HAS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I sent alex at status like 15 email about different rims. He always replied and was very polite even tho I was bugging him. The day I wanted to pick up my rims I called in the morning, asked him the final price, and he said he had them. I went down. waited about 30 minutes because they had another car getting worked on. Then they got my car in, bam done in like 20 minutes and had me on my way. Excellent experience with them.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:54 PM
I don't have any experience with Status, but after purchasing my wheels/tires from F1 a few months ago, I can say that I had terrific customer service. I had some questions about the specific color I was looking for, and Chris went out of his way to get some people at Mackin to take pictures of two different color rims side by side--all of that happened within a day. He didn't give me any grief when I ended up changing my order based on seeing those wheel pictures. Maybe my experience was unique, but I must say I was rather surprised after reading through this thread...

Maybe Chris is busy running around stuffing stockings with Maya's, Sterns, and RacingHarts for Santa...

Old 12-18-2006, 01:01 PM
i never had any problems with f1.. they do however tend to not call you back.. hahaha they are probably very understaffed.. however if chris is there and u ask for a price quote, he'll give you a price. From my experience his quote was always lower than Status's quote.. sometimes by a pretty big margin.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:13 PM
...we dont need roads...

Ordered my wheels & tires from Chris @ F1. From my experience they were very helpful & I would say customer service was great. Businesses do get busy, sometimes things do fall behind, thats why you just call back. If i ever get new wheels or someone else wants wheels ill send them to F1.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

My experience with F1 was very good. I had a nail in one tire, and i thought i was missing my hubrings from my "new" used TE37's since the tires were VERY loud. I called around asking for quotes on hubrings and tire patching (Status, F1, Discount Tire) and Chris at F1 gave me the best price. I called him later in the week and set up an appointment to get all of it done. When i got there, Chris checked out my wheels and even jumped in the car to listen to what i thought was missing hubrings.

Turns out it was just worn tires, since i bought them used. He still took the car to take off the wheels and check if i had hubrings. Also the nail wasn't even that long and it didn't puncture the tire. After it was all said and done, Chris didn't even charge me! I didn't even purchase the rims and tires from him.

I dunno about you guys, but i think that's GREAT customer service.

However, i do agree with some who are saying they need more help at the shop. Feel bad for Calvin since he was at the shop the day i was there and he waited so long. Granted, Calvin was there about 2 hours early , but he still got his wheels on and i must say... they look freaking SICK!!!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 01:16 PM
+1 for Status. Rick hooked me up with a great deal on tires.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Team Transport Member
**** F1!

They have their heads up their a$$es, I went in there great contacts and needed something so basic and simple as a lug nut and they tryed to stiff me with a $75 set of lugs when I needed 1. I dont see how a wheel shop with that status doesnt have 1 lug nut some where in the shop. When I asked him a few questions he looked at me like I was talking some un-known language.

Status by far kills the market for customer service. My next set (3rd set) of wheels will be from them. Ill make the hour drive its well worth it.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Talking

I had a great experience with Chris at F1. He called me back every time and he went above and beyond to get me my wheels. I live in the bay area and I he got me my workmeister s1's in less than a few days. He gave me a great price too so +1 for Chris at F1.

Again, that was just my experience.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the looks/sound of things Chris is the only one working at F1, and that's the PROBLEM. Is he the man over there or somthing? He needs-ta pass some of the work load over to the next man or somthing.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 PM
What's Premier Member?
F1 deals with many customers and sometimes it's hard to follow up with everyone. I for one have been very satisfied with the customer service I recieved. I bought my wheels from them and recently had my exhaust installed there. I'm sure Chris didn't mean to do it intentionally. You can't expect everyone to call you back when you want them to. Don't let one bad experience ruin it for you or others.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:23 AM
-2006 IP GT350-
I've bought wheels and tires from F1 for 4 times, and many other high performance parts that shipped from Japan and I've never had a problem. In additional, F1 gave me the best price from all around.

To OP, you got to follow up if the seller doesn't do so. I can't believe you kept waiting the call for 3 hours...oh well.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:26 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have spoken with Chris at F1 before and he is definitely a nice guy. I have never actually done business with them before so I can't comment on anything else. That being said, I have done business with Status many times and will continue doing business with them and recommending as many people as I can to them. Rick has hooked me up numerous times now on various different items, not just wheels. I am actually in the process of doing some business with some of the Status guys. Because I work right around the corner from Status, I go there all of the time just to chill and talk to the fellas. Believe me, they don't mind if you come just to check out the shop and chill for a little bit. Rick, Dave, Ray, Alex and the rest of the crew are awesome!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire blow out, F1 mtsports bad cust serv.