G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

smoked clear corners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006 | 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by bassholic
I was coughing at the person wanting to put it on his car. Not the actual suggestion. My thoughts about doing juvinile mods are only thoughts and most likely wouldn't happen. I know bat's stuff is top notch. I thought about overlays at one point too

But if you don't like your paint job you go and buy new side markers. Not that much of an expenditure. I'm the ripe age of 24
The rich don't get richer by blowing money freely. Buying new side markers isn't a cost effective solution. That's almost like saying, "Oh i painted my car puke green. I thought i liked it, but now i don't. Guess i'll just go get a new car." However if you can do that, by all means, share your get rich quick story.

Buying Bat's overlays only cost $10-$15 for the side markers. That's more cost effective than buying a new side marker at $40.

To stay on topic - I wouldn't do the ebay markers either. I've also heard of water/moisture getting in there, as well as fitment issues. I went with Bats 3/10 overlays for the markers:

Old 12-20-2006 | 03:12 PM
Overglorified Altima
side markers for 40 bucks

you got ripped off, damon

Old 12-20-2006 | 03:57 PM
$35 + tax.... round up to $40ish.

Old 12-20-2006 | 04:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Day177017
The rich don't get richer by blowing money freely. Buying new side markers isn't a cost effective solution. That's almost like saying, "Oh i painted my car puke green. I thought i liked it, but now i don't. Guess i'll just go get a new car." However if you can do that, by all means, share your get rich quick story.

Buying Bat's overlays only cost $10-$15 for the side markers. That's more cost effective than buying a new side marker at $40.

To stay on topic - I wouldn't do the ebay markers either. I've also heard of water/moisture getting in there, as well as fitment issues. I went with Bats 3/10 overlays for the markers:
Not buying anythin gelse for the car in teh first place would have saved more money. But with many mods you do your research how to get it to come out how you want. Then you willnot have to spend any money that you would be considering wasteful

Old 12-20-2006 | 04:45 PM
|
Originally Posted by Day177017

yea i mean i bought stuff from bat when i had my 7th gen celica and so did he... hes moved up in the world i see.. and yea ur overlays look tight i just suck with stickers....

Old 12-20-2006 | 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by bassholic
Not buying anythin gelse for the car in teh first place would have saved more money. But with many mods you do your research how to get it to come out how you want. Then you willnot have to spend any money that you would be considering wasteful
If i really wanted to save money, i wouldn't have bought a G35 in the first place. There really isn't ever a need for a $30-40k luxury car. I could've bought a Toyota Corolla if all i needed to do was get from point A to B. But i want to roll around town with some style.

But this is the society we live in. People thrive off of being different from everyone else, but at the same time mimic what others are doing. You and myself... along with a large marjority of people on this board fall into this category. Why did you buy this car? "Because i like it." Well, why do you like it? "Because it looks cool." Well so does everyone else. So what do we do when everyone has the same car? You try to change things to make it different or look better (in your eyes), and ultimately to make it stand out from the crowd. So (just to keep on the same subject), we buy clear corners because it sets us apart from the grandmas that are buying the same car. Well... so is everyone else on this board. Ok, so maybe i'll buy overlays. The sad part is, the path of this story will never end as you can see others buying wheels, body kits, exhausts, etc.

Bottom line is everyone on this forum is a car enthusiast if not just a G35 enthusiast. I'm sure you're registered on this forum because you enjoy your car and want to learn more about it or want to see what others are doing to their cars. Why else would you have clicked on this particular thread?

For you to say a particular mod is "Juvenile" that's not fair because you have no right to judge what others do. I don't wake up in the morning and say to you, "Your hair is whack" or "Your clothes don't look your age." or whatever.

You even said yourself you wanted to spray an Infiniti Logo on your clear corner... well that's a mod. What if i said that was "Juvenile"? In the end, it's just another way to express your own personal style with your car, as is the case with Bats overlays.

I'm not trying to flame you for posting your opinion. This is a discussion forum. You just sound like a hypocrite for judging others when you're doing the same.

Old 12-20-2006 | 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by LoSriOz
yea i mean i bought stuff from bat when i had my 7th gen celica and so did he... hes moved up in the world i see.. and yea ur overlays look tight i just suck with stickers....
Thanks for the compliment. They're really not that hard to put on. Soapy water and a little patience.

If you really suck... go with the smoke spray paint. Just make sure you spray on a clearcoat to prevent fading.

Old 12-20-2006 | 07:33 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
. See my gallery for samples. I also have the INFINITI ones done .

Bat™

Old 12-20-2006 | 07:35 PM
^^^ LOL! Wondering when you'd chime in.

Old 12-21-2006 | 12:33 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Hey, better late than never .

Bat™

Old 12-21-2006 | 02:51 AM
freaking mr. boggalges or what ever had a crazy idea said he got it from his friend... make a fire and use the smoke from the fire to put smoke into the light... i cant really explain it good but i know what he ment like put it on top of the fire not on it but just let the smoke settle in the light compartment or what ever..haha maybe