G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Another reminder for all you geniuses who love to post your street race stories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
Maybe you should read his post a little more carefully. First, he blatantly disrespects the dead woman by stereotyping her age group, and stating that the world is better off when 65+ year old drivers are killed by car accidents.

That's Immature Idiot Indicator Numero 1!

Next, he attempts to explain the reason why alot of speeding on public roadways takes place. He blames "god damn old people" who travel below the speed limit, thus "forcing" similiarly immature, impatient jacka$$es like himself to become so infuriated and frustrated that they break the speed limit to make themselves feel better. Yes, we all know and have witnessed that one person's slow driving can irritate others, but is he trying to justify the reactionary behavior?

Placing the blame on another other for your own actions is Immature Idiot Indicator Numero 2!

If he really that felt his post warranted an apology, then he could have hit BACKSPACE and deleted the offensive remarks before hitting SUBMIT REPLY. Instead, he posted them either without much thought, or because he thought he had a valid point he wanted to share with us all. Either way, he's an immature idiot. His "disclaimer" at the bottom of his post makes his remarks no less indicative of his stupidity and of the lack of consideration put into his post.

I can't believe none of you called him out on that comment that it was good that the woman died. That's outrageous. And you're a fool for coming to his defense on this one.

NismoG's comments lead me to believe that he is immature. Do you conclude otherwise?
i do not agree completely with what he said i simply stated that at the end of his post he made sure to let us know it was a rant for the most part. You may take issue with his statement but maybe private messaging him would be a better way of going about it rather than going ape **** on him and further more why are you so surprised that nobody got on his case but you??? ...... maybe because everyone else realized that we all make rants and raves but what's important is that we realize it ( god i kinda feel like doctor phil with that statement LOL) and i personally think he had some good points such as that driving behing old farts in the fast lane who are doing 10-15 below the posted limit can lead to speeding and i challenge anyone to sit here on the forums and say they have never surpassed the posted speed limit to get around someone who was driving so slow that it could warrant a ticket. What i think some people do not realize is that it is just as dangerous to drive 10-15 below the limit as it is to drive 10-15 above.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
You sir, are an idiot. Your immaturity really shines through with this post right here. You're trying to blame someone else for your own inability to curb your frustration. Yeeah...that'd hold up in a court of law. Get a clue! I'm glad you live far away from me so that I never encounter your stupid azz on the road.
I read your reply to him and thought of this.

Originally Posted by The WHO
People try to put us d-down (talkin bout my generation)
Just because we g-g-get around (talkin bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (talkin bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (talkin bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (talkin bout my generation

Old 01-16-2007, 12:40 AM
MsA
Wow I just read this thread and actually saw a street race last night. I was going down I-95 and saw a fellow g35 (probably TT) traveling 110+mph with a Bently Continental GT almost tailgating behind... both swerving in and out of traffic... with a good amount of traffic on the highway.

I looked at my girl next to me and we both shook our heads

tsk tsk if that g35 is a fellow G35driver member

Old 01-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Sad story...i heard about it on the news i live real close in the area in Folsom

Old 01-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
AthensblueG, it seems as though i have pissed you off quiet a bit...guess what bro get over it. Im not sure where you are from, but maybe you should drive on down to Florida and try to deal with all the old people on the road around here. I tell you what just for you im going to go around and take pictures of some of the people that drive around here and maybe you can understand where im comming from. Also, i guess you havnt realized that Florida is the #1 spot in the US for retired people to live...so what does that mean: Old people + cadillacs = slow driving : Slow driving + people who are actually trying to go somewhere = Impatient pissed off drivers.

There was a old lady in orlando that drove her car through a sears department store because she was on medication that impared her driving...she mistaked the gas pedal for the brake pedal.

There was an old man who hit a guy in the middle of the road then continued to drive 20 miles before he was stopped and asked why he was driving down the road with a body through his windsheild he replied " i didnt know i hit anyone"!!!! HOW THE FVCK CAN YOU NOT REALISE THAT A BODY IS HALF WAY THROUGH YOUR WINDSHEILD?????

According to Blood on the Highway, a Highway Safety group based in Boca Raton, Florida, home to many retired seniors, the main problems with Old Driving are not attributable to aggressiveness, but to innattentiveness. With younger drivers, many accidents are caused by people in a hurry, but with old folks accidents are generally caused by people who are almost comatose. 90 per cent of all automobile accidents in the State of Florida involve people of 65 years or older.Of those accidents, 97 per cent are the fault of the senior.In over half of those accidents, the senior died either from direct inures from the collision, or from heart attacks immediately following them.
In a study Published in the Journal of Accidental Homicide earlier this year, after drunk driving, Old Driving was the leading cause of Highway Fatalities. A study in the works right now is investigating the percentage of Seniors behind the wheel who are drunk or whose medication causes them to experience narcotic-like effects while on the road. The mix of advanced age and many common medications given to the aged is a suspected contributing factor in Senior Citizen Auto Accidents. "But even without outside factors like drugs and alcohol," reports David Lyzalot, Senior Editor of JAH, "old folks just aren't as quick-witted as they used to be." The main thesis of the report centers around the idea that as one ages, the senses become dulled - peripheral vision becomes diminished, sight and hearing gradually fade, alertness becomes a factor -- reaction time can increase, judgment can be impaired, and tragedy can ensue when a senior gets behind the wheel.
"It's not that I have anything against Old People" said a motorist held up in traffic after an aged driver crossed the median strip, jumped into oncoming traffic, and hit twelve other cars in an apparent attempt to make a left turn, "it's just that they don't seem to have control any more." Eleven other motorists in Central Florida felt the same way after that accident.
If the only threat from Seniors-behind-the-wheel was a test of our collective patience, one could argue that more seniors should be on the road - that we, as a society, need to learn how to slow down and be patient. But that's not the reality of the situation. Old folks are Death On Four Wheels.
So from that information i hope you want to come to florida and drive and deal with what i deal with every day. Trust me i know how to drive even though im young i drive more thant 45,000 miles a year 35,000 of the 45,000 are done on the freeway. I see alot more than you do and i will bet alot on it. Hopefully this will explain where im comming from and what i deal with EVERYDAY!!! How much you want to bet after reading that, that after the kids street racing hit the lady she had a heart attack??

-sean

Last edited by Nismo G; 01-16-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^totally true sean, down here in florida 90 percent of the people cant drive!!!!!!!! they drive slow on the highway, have their turnblinkers on for god knows how long, and brake repeatedly for no damn reason! it gets to you and you speed to get around them

Old 01-16-2007, 06:24 PM
got hit in my work truck today by an old man in a mustang going 60 mph. My gf was in the car and she has a compund fracture in her arm and my work truck was totaled. the old man claims that i "came out of nowhere" so if anyone wants to try to explain that to me e my guest but all i know isd today is my bday and my gf is in the hospital.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by gcoupster
got hit in my work truck today by an old man in a mustang going 60 mph. My gf was in the car and she has a compund fracture in her arm and my work truck was totaled. the old man claims that i "came out of nowhere" so if anyone wants to try to explain that to me e my guest but all i know isd today is my bday and my gf is in the hospital.
Sorry to hear that man. Hope she is ok and that the rest of your birthday goes better!

-sean

Old 01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo G

So from that information i hope you want to come to florida and drive and deal with what i deal with every day. Trust me i know how to drive even though im young i drive more thant 45,000 miles a year 35,000 of the 45,000 are done on the freeway. I see alot more than you do and i will bet alot on it. Hopefully this will explain where im comming from and what i deal with EVERYDAY!!! How much you want to bet after reading that, that after the kids street racing hit the lady she had a heart attack??

-sean
I TOTALY know how you feel. My folks lived in Rockport Texas. It is a lot like the Rio Grande valley or South Florida. This time of year it is JAM PACKED with Snowbirds. You can't get around town, you can't get around the county, you can't get around the DAMN GROCERY STORE for Cripes sakes! It's so bad that some locals go North to get out of there. I have never been so pissed off at people driving in my life.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I TOTALY know how you feel. My folks lived in Rockport Texas. It is a lot like the Rio Grande valley or South Florida. This time of year it is JAM PACKED with Snowbirds. You can't get around town, you can't get around the county, you can't get around the DAMN GROCERY STORE for Cripes sakes! It's so bad that some locals go North to get out of there. I have never been so pissed off at people driving in my life.
Its like that year round here....

Old 01-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Brian
NismoG,
While I agree that slow drivers get under even my own skin, my argument is that it's not justification for overreacting. Hey, I'm human too - I know how it feels and have reacted similarly in the past. But you can't blame someone else for what YOU do behind the wheel. That's all.

Also, I knew Florida was full of wrinkly gators and wrinkly old folks, but I wasn't aware of those staggering statistics - 90% of accidents being attributed to geriatric behavior? haha.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by gcoupster
now in my opinion what happened to this lady was tragic. Dying from any auto accident is unfortunate and lets be honest we dont know if they were street racing or not i think it depends on the number of witnesses etc. In my opinion speeding is speeding and if you choose to do it then realize you are taking a huge risk. Also what i think people ned to realize is the average driver in the US of A is not adequately trained to drive a car. If you have driven in countries such as switzerland, germany, austria, spain etc you would realize that we hand out driver license's like condoms at a teen clinic Again im not condoning anyone doing such excessive speeds in what sounds like a low key residential area but my rant is regarding how most people including this lady probably could have avoided pulling out in front of 2 cars going twice the posted limit if they had proper vehicle training.
Well said!

Old 01-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
"Originally Posted by The WHO
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (talkin bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (talkin bout my generation"

I read your reply to him and thought of this.

Now that was pretty good!

Old 01-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NismoG,
While I agree that slow drivers get under even my own skin, my argument is that it's not justification for overreacting. Hey, I'm human too - I know how it feels and have reacted similarly in the past. But you can't blame someone else for what YOU do behind the wheel. That's all.

Also, I knew Florida was full of wrinkly gators and wrinkly old folks, but I wasn't aware of those staggering statistics - 90% of accidents being attributed to geriatric behavior? haha.
you did not just say wrinkly gators in the way i think you did....GO GATORS!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOYAH!!!!!

ok, back on topic...

Old 01-16-2007, 10:02 PM
NismoG,

Yeah, your right. But it feels SOOOOOO good to go past one of those old farts in a four wheel drift and smoke boiling out of your back tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Another reminder for all you geniuses who love to post your street race stories