G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Another reminder for all you geniuses who love to post your street race stories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An innocent 53 year old woman killed by two teens street racing

FOLSOM, Calif. -- A driver was hit and killed Saturday afternoon while trying to exit the Folsom Premium Outlets, the victim of an apparent street race.

Folsom Police officers say the 53-year-old woman from Shingle Springs was driving a Toyota Solara when she was hit by a 17-year-old driver in a Dodge Stealth.

The officers and a citizen began CPR while waiting for paramedics to arrive on scene. THe woman was transported to Mercy San Juan Medical Center where she later died.

The driver and passenger inside the Dodge Stealth, were alert and coherent. The 17-year-old driver, and his 17-year-old passenger were transported to Mercy San Juan and treated for minor injuries.

Witnesses told Officers that the Dodge Stealth was traveling westbound on Iron Point Road and appeared to be racing a white BMW. Witnesses say both cars were traveling between 60 and 80 MPH, passing cars, and changing lanes.

The driver of the Toyota was attempting to turn eastbound from the Folsom Premium Outlets parking lot onto Iron Point Road when she was broadsided by the Dodge stealth.

Both the driver of the Dodge and the driver of the BMW were arrested for reckless driving and vehicular manslaughter. The Folsom Police Major Accident Response Team is investigating the collision. Drugs and alcohol do not appear to be a factor.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Good reminder and what a tragedy. So sad.

There's a time and a place for racing, but there's never a time or a place for street racing.
Hope the Judge throws the book at those irresponsible idiots.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
half the people here are gona say how horrible this is and it is, its solely the result of street racing. but more than 50% of them on the forums have done it and done it more than once. i just hope you dont do it on a busy road, where you know people turn and ****, etc... not justifying it but racing on a rural road is a hell of a lot better than a busy street with people walking around and mad traffic

Old 01-14-2007, 02:10 PM
and until tracks are built to compensate for the growing street racing scene there will be street racers, end of story. the closest track to me is 2 hours away!

Old 01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by johnbigbootie
................and who promptly get them taken down......

Absolutely the stupidest thing you can do....and an activity that's not condoned here whatsoever.

Condolences to the family and friends of the lady from Shingle Springs.
They now must live without her because of this rediculous activity.

People often ask......"why not have a street racing forum for those who want to post......................"
...Racing is for the track(s)-- take it there and post about that.

C.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
and until tracks are built to compensate for the growing street racing scene there will be street racers, end of story. the closest track to me is 2 hours away!
The street racing scene is fairly organized here, this is done on a lonely freeway, at night, between 2 cities, no way for any cross traffic etc. The road is monitored by people with cell phones who are at the starting point, the 2 exits and ramps in the middle, and the end point, not only for police, but for anyone entering the zone... This was going on before I ever moved here so I don't know how long, but it's fairly organized, is several miles long and it's all there is out here besides the other roads.
Also, I think the police tend to 'look the other way' because they do know about this but rarely ever show up there.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:42 PM
damn....naw, in miami its crazy, only on occeechobee do the cops not come often, but theres other cars there too which is the bad part. ten again, i guess on the turnpike in the middle of the night theres almost no cars

Trending Topics

Old 01-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Sad to hear this happened.

Despite the fact that they shouldn't have been racing, shouldn't some of the responsibility be shared by the unfortunate individual who pulled her Solara out of a parking lot right into oncoming vehicles?

Racing or not, isn't it plausible that the exact same thing could have happened had the Stealth simply been speeding by himself? And at that point, it is a HUGE consideration that despite his speeding, the person in the parking lot has some resonsibility to yield.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
thats aweful, but I dont think they were street racing.. who street races going between 60-80 on the highway? more like 100+..
just my thought on it

Old 01-14-2007, 03:21 PM
^^^ for real......a lil off topic, but is it street racing if lets say the limit is 75 and 2 cars see who can get to 75 first???

Old 01-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487
thats aweful, but I dont think they were street racing.. who street races going between 60-80 on the highway? more like 100+..
just my thought on it
Nowhere in the article is it said that they were on a highway.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:25 PM
^^^ for real......a lil off topic, but is it street racing if lets say the limit is 75 and 2 cars see who can get to 75 first???
Yes because the courts have defined street racing as creating overtly dangerous situations, aka excessive lane changes that can cause an accident.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487
just my thought on it
The driver of the Toyota was attempting to turn eastbound from the Folsom Premium Outlets parking lot onto Iron Point Road when she was broadsided by the Dodge stealth.
Yeah, I dont think it was a highway.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
If she was 65+ i would say one less old person driving 10MPH in a 60 so it wouldnt be that bad, but 50 is a little young still.

Alot of speeding is caused by these god damn old people doing 15 under the speed limit...i know if im following one for more than 30 seconds i am raging and have my foot ready to hit the floor as soon as possible. They say its the speeder that causes the accident when usually its the person before the speeder that caused him to speed that initially "caused" the accident...These god damn people driving so slow **** me off if they just did 5 to 10 MPH over the speed limit there wouldnt be a problem and probably fewer accidents for sure considering that know one would be raging about in and out of traffic due to people going slow...

Had to let some steam out on the first post i came across...sorry guys

I know that street racing does cause accidents and im not saying that it doesnt. I was just letting some steam out!

-sean

Old 01-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Yes, that is street racing, but if it is the speed limit i dont think there is a law about accelerating as long as you dont go over the speed limit. If this is what caused the accident then she shouldnt have been pulling out infront of traffic unless she had enough room IMO... no difference in pulling out infont of a car that is going 70MPH and pulling out infront of a car that is still accelerating to 70MPH.....FVCKING people suck at driving in the united states

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Another reminder for all you geniuses who love to post your street race stories