G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

sad story friend died in a g

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2007 | 02:20 AM
1st people sue because airbags pop out too frequently. then they sue cause it doesnt pop out... whats next?

should a drop down screen pop and ask you if u want the air bag to pop out? then when u push yes, should it ask you, "Are you sure" before it deploys?

Old 01-26-2007 | 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by cnaman

should a drop down screen pop and ask you if u want the air bag to pop out? then when u push yes, should it ask you, "Are you sure" before it deploys?

+2 OMG SO FUNNY LOL

Old 01-26-2007 | 02:26 AM
Haha i had to make that in my sig lol so so funny

Old 01-26-2007 | 02:30 AM
Wow... very sad. Family is in my prayers.

As for sueing, if he was going as fast as it appears, it wouldn't have mattered if the airbags went off or not, on the inital impact, he would have been moving faster than an airbag can deploy anyway.

Old 01-26-2007 | 03:11 AM
Condolences to the family and friends of that kids. He took the easy route and ended his life but his love ones are the ones suffering. For the past ten years I have been on car forums I read countless death of young drivers and death caused by them. Many of them share the famous last words; "I am going to push my car to the limits."

Here's one from last Friday:
http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2007/..._racing_d.html

and couple month earlier this made the news

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1538883.php

The one that I will forever remember is a BMW M3 kid who bragged about pushing it to the limit all the time and flipped his car. He lived but his friend was trapped in the backseat and burned to death while they heard his screams.

Old 01-26-2007 | 07:25 AM
It doesnt matter if they did deploy or not? Whoever posted about suing... Are you f*cking stupid? Regardless if they deployed or not, do you think airbags stay filled until the car stops moving or something? Airbags deploy within milliseconds, and then they deflate within milliseconds. I never knew a car could roll 9 times within a millisecond, must be some 'Back to the Future' type sh*t. When you are talking about triple digits, nothing will save you, regardless of what kind of car youre in. Try crashing in a hummer at 100+ mph, see if you come out walking. Some people dont realize the kind of destructive power, moving vehicles have. To the OP, sorry to hear about your friend, 22 is really a young age to die at, considering im 18 myself. My condolences to his family, and his friends. But to be honest with you, the only 1 that caused his death, was himself. Be happy he didnt take out an innocent person, maybe a father, or a sister, to a different family, along with him.

Old 01-26-2007 | 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by chilibowl
It doesnt matter if they did deploy or not? Whoever posted about suing... Are you f*cking stupid? Regardless if they deployed or not, do you think airbags stay filled until the car stops moving or something? Airbags deploy within milliseconds, and then they deflate within milliseconds. I never knew a car could roll 9 times within a millisecond, must be some 'Back to the Future' type sh*t. When you are talking about triple digits, nothing will save you, regardless of what kind of car youre in. Try crashing in a hummer at 100+ mph, see if you come out walking. Some people dont realize the kind of destructive power, moving vehicles have. To the OP, sorry to hear about your friend, 22 is really a young age to die at, considering im 18 myself. My condolences to his family, and his friends. But to be honest with you, the only 1 that caused his death, was himself. Be happy he didnt take out an innocent person, maybe a father, or a sister, to a different family, along with him.
If he was in a volvo he might have lived. A friend of mine crahed her volvo c90 convertable i think its called into a tree at 85mph and all that happend was a few teeth knocked out. She was very lucky

Old 01-26-2007 | 08:33 AM
Banned
Damn these are the stories i read on my motorcycle forums. Never thought it really applied to the cars

Old 01-26-2007 | 08:38 AM
That is so very tragic, but serves as a reminder to us all. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends (you) and family.

Old 01-26-2007 | 08:50 AM
Very sad indeed. Really brings home the message of driving safe.

2 things...

1. Everyone say that if the air bags deplyed he might have survived. Maybe. Maybe not. Depending on the rate of speed (flipping over 9 times may be indication of high speed), it would not matter how many airbags or what kind of car (Volvo or VW)... walking away would be a slim possibilty

2. On the airbags. My sister and my mom were involved in a head on crash a few years back in a '99 Mazda Protege. The airbags did not deploy. Luckily they walked away with minor injuries. But it is kinda scary none-the-less.

Old 01-26-2007 | 09:30 AM
my condolences...my blessings are w/ the family...sorry to hear the lost...

reading this thread really makes me think twice before pushing the vehicle...

Old 01-26-2007 | 09:45 AM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by binder
SUE a manufacturer because some kid was an idiot?
You took the words out of my mouth. Yeah, the ******** is back again.

The kid took a chance and paid with his life. His fault, no one elses. I'm only thankful he didn't take an innocent bystander or passenger with him. Otherwise, we now have one less idiot to deal with on the road.

I wonder how many offering condolences here are the same members who posted their own speeding antics in the 'I got a negligent driving ticket' thread yesterday? It would be an interesting comparison.

Yesterday it was 'the car was built for speed' and 'I need the rush of speed' and so on. Today it's 'be safe out there' and 'you have to be careful..'

Ironic, and hilarious.

RIP.

Old 01-26-2007 | 09:46 AM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by cnaman
1st people sue because airbags pop out too frequently. then they sue cause it doesnt pop out... whats next?

One of your best posts to date.

Old 01-26-2007 | 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by cchaorule
sue infiniti.. my friend had an RSX.. totaled his car and the airbag didnt go off.. he got 300k from acura.. he was only injured... nothing serious.. he got real lucky..
To the OP, sorry for your loss. To this guy cchaorule: You are a complete moron. First the "negliant speeding ticket", than this? I seriously hope your license is revoked before you kill someone and sue Infiniti for making you drive too fast.

Old 01-26-2007 | 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by cchaorule
sue infiniti.. my friend had an RSX.. totaled his car and the airbag didnt go off.. he got 300k from acura.. he was only injured... nothing serious.. he got real lucky..
Like was posted earlier, air bags only go off at predetermined impacts and speeds. Obviously this guy was going WAY faster than 90mph to flip 9 times. At speeds like that, you will hardly ever see indications of airbags going off. In a wreck like this, an airbag would do no good because the car continues to roll and impact for seconds on end. An airbag is designed to reduce the force of one impact, not 2+ and definitely not 9.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sad story friend died in a g