G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help! Intermittent starting problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cochinogato
i checked my throttle body and the MAF and both seem to be clean- however i checked my POP charger and it was dirty as hell- even had some gunk buildup- not sure if that would case my bad start up but i cleaned it out and am testing it today
The gunk I cleaned out appeared to be oil vapors which had condensed on the inner surface of the plenum. It's hard to see how dirty it really is without taking it off and looking inside and even more difficult to clean it thoroughly with the plenum on. If your pop charger or air tube were dirty you might be suprised to see how nasty it is in the plenum when you remove it.

There's also the chance that my issue had nothing to do with the gunk I cleaned out. The problem may have been the result of a poor seal around the plenum spacer which happend to be resolved when I put the plenum back on and tightened it again. I'm leaning toward the cause being the gunk though because I didn't have any plenum bolts that were super loose, just a few that came out a little easier than the rest.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 PM
now i'm getting weirder problems- the car turned over fine throughout the day- and then out'a no where i stop somewhere and start the car, the hesitation began and the car shut off completely- i even tried to restart the car and then it doesn't even want to fire up at all- like if the battery was dead- turn the key all the way off - waited a few minutes- and then car starts back up normally- i still get no CEL at all

Old 06-12-2007, 03:26 PM
I am new to the forum and I have had this starting issue since my car had 11k miles on it. It really doesn't matter if it's in the morning, afternoon, evening, raining, snowing, sun shining, just driven 5 minutes or 2 hrs. It happens when it wants to happen. I can go a week or so and then it will start again. I have brought it to the dealership and left it for an entire weekend. They insisted they couldn't replicate it but I don't believe they did more than one test, the first day I brought it to them. They reprogrammed my keys but it is still happening.

I know with all the posts here it can't be that a dealership hasn't figured out what the problem is.

I have 2006 G35 Coupe and noticed it's not just on one specific year.

If anyone has a definite fix for this please let us know.

Thanks!

S

Old 06-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by MsInfinitiG35
I am new to the forum and I have had this starting issue since my car had 11k miles on it. It really doesn't matter if it's in the morning, afternoon, evening, raining, snowing, sun shining, just driven 5 minutes or 2 hrs. It happens when it wants to happen. I can go a week or so and then it will start again. I have brought it to the dealership and left it for an entire weekend. They insisted they couldn't replicate it but I don't believe they did more than one test, the first day I brought it to them. They reprogrammed my keys but it is still happening.

I know with all the posts here it can't be that a dealership hasn't figured out what the problem is.

I have 2006 G35 Coupe and noticed it's not just on one specific year.

If anyone has a definite fix for this please let us know.

Thanks!

S

Um.... what I did definately fixed it for me.....

Old 06-12-2007, 05:25 PM
same here- mine hasn't had the issue for a good week or 2

Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I had issues starting my car awhile back. Took it to the dealer and they replaced my clutch pedal assembly. Fixed it. Car starts fine now. Maybe something worth looking into?