G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

So they took off on me after they hit me, big mi..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So they took off on me after they hit me, big mi..

So im driving down the highway, a car comes flying into my lane, side swipes me, spins 3 times around and comes to a complete stop in the middle of the highway facing traffic.

All traffic came to a complete stop...Im pissed and pull over to the shoulder of the road and go check out my damage. Im waiting for the other car to do the same.....but noooooooo. The piece of **** does a U-turn and takes off down the highway......96 Camry.......G35.....I hop in my car, throw it in MM...caught up to the sucker took down the plate and called the cops. The G really flys when it needs to...i must have been doing at least 110 to catch them, i dunno how fast they were going.

To make a long story short....I MISS MY G!!!! My insurance company put me in a 2004 Ford Taurus.....boy musta got into at least 4 close calls...the breaks suck, i can no longer control the highways. Don't get my G back till Monday. Still waiting to hear from the State Police. Happy Freaking Thanksgiving

2003.5 G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Tire Wheel/Aero

Old 11-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: So they took off on me after they hit me, big mi..

Glad you caught the bastard's plate number. The cops will find him with that, and he'll get what's coming to him. Leaving the scene of an accident like that has some heavy duty penalties.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 11-26-2003, 11:10 AM

yeah sorry to here about the crash but good job catching up to him.

<a href="mailto:Carlos3186@hotmail....otmail.com</a>

Old 11-26-2003, 12:24 PM

Wow, that's one of the craziest stories I've read on this forum. Good to hear that you are safe.

<font color=red>..</font color=red> 2004 Black 6-Speed On Order <font color=red>..</font color=red>

Old 11-26-2003, 12:29 PM

NICE, you took the law into your own hands and caught that bastardizzle....man that sucks tho....is ur G, in pretty bad shape?? Even if it is atleast u made it out ok!

PS- when you caught the camary did u put the smack down on em'!!!??? lol jk

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
www.zombie-house.com

145213-vba53b33252.gif

Old 11-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Alumni****

nice job on catching up to the guy.. he'll have to face hit & run now..

also, jus glad that you're okay.. any type of high speed collision is dangerous..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-26-2003, 01:14 PM

Good to see you're ok..(?). But if you could, I would like to hear about updates on this hit & run scenario. Sounds kinda interesting albeit sad (no more G). I understand where you are coming from with the brakes comment. I drive a TL regularly and keep my G in the garage most of the time. But man the brakes in my TL SUCK compared to the G. Takes some time getting used to...

Old 11-26-2003, 01:28 PM

Well the damages could have been worst if i didn't hit my horn in time. My fender needed to be replaced and my front right rim was scuffed up pretty bad.

Total damages were only 1500 plus 1000 for labor. Thats pretty cheap for a accident at 70mph. Believe it or not a new 18" rim was $840! you should have seen the look on the insurance appraisers face.

I held on to the old fender so that the state police could run a color match if they needed too, Five kids were in the car, the car was never reported stolen so im guessing it was this lady's son (the car was registered to a lady). I'd love to see the look on her face once the Statie's get in touch. I wonder what he (the kid who hit me) told her about her car being dented.

If it wasn't 5 of them i woulda put the smack down. You should have seen me pumping my fists and yelling after they hit me and i got out the car. If my nextel hadn't went to hell the day before i would have followed them while on the phone with the police.

The only thing that sucks is I don't get my $500 deductible back till the police are done investigating. Hopefully soon...within the next week.

Any ideas on what to do with my scuffed up rim?

2003.5 G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Tire Wheel/Aero<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by sixone on 11/26/03 10:34 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-26-2003, 01:47 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bad luck on the accident. I'm glad you took off after them to get the plate. I hope they throw the freakin' book at 'em. Bastards.
The scuffed rim could be sold as a spare for snowtires. I've seen some single rims for sale cheap and would be ideal for that purpose now that 18" snows are available.
Take it easy in the Taurus......Handling and braking couldn't hold a candle to a G.
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-26-2003, 01:48 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

Good to hear you caught up with the bustard, and even better - you're ok.
Boy he must be a real dumba$$ not only for escaping the scene but for also thinking he will run away from a G....
Glad to hear you got his license plate. Did they see you when you caught up with them? I probably would have tried to force him down to shoulder and have a small "chit chat" with him...

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 02:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

CHIT CHAT!!! Yeah he will be chit chatting with my fist the bastard.

Glad your ok though I just hate this kind of people scambags of society.

<font color=blue> </font color=blue>

Old 11-26-2003, 02:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He can drive himself off a freaking bridge for all I car but he shouldn't be driving like that with 5 kids in the car. What a dumba$$. He needs some Quality Time with Bubba and Frank in the big house.

Old 11-26-2003, 02:45 PM

As dangerous as that sounds in a way it must have been pretty exciting to be in hot pursuit of the perps. I probably would have ran back to my car and slid across the hood before jumping in and peeling out after them yelling "You're going down Jive Turkeys!!!" ...

<font color=blue>Twilight Blue/Willow, Nav, Aero, 6MT, Splashguards, Clearbra, Tint, Sirius, Ground Wires, EBC Greenstuff...</font color=blue>

Old 11-26-2003, 03:09 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

LMAO!!!!

sliding on the hood LOL - way to go !

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

*banjo intro*
Now folks in Hazard County hadn't seen a good butt-woopin' of some youngins in a might while, but they were in for a reeeeeal treat...
*banjo outro*

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So they took off on me after they hit me, big mi..